• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
31tJlplGOxL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
I saw this Hori Mega Man split pad pro on Amazon.

Comes out Dec 17.
I hope Hori shaves a few mm off the back clippy/support things... It's such a pain having to take the pads off when using the new dock. (The new dock is slightly taller so you can't dock with these pads on like you could with the older dock.)

I use the Split Pad Pro so much now I'm tempted to go back to using my old dock next to the telly and losing LAN. Given these are officially licensed and clearly popular why oh why did Nintendo not test that they bloody fit the new dock!? /rantover

I do highly recommend them, though. My Daemon X Machina set is still going strong.

So, What if Mario Party Superstars gets a free update… that adds all the Koopalings as playable characters? I mean hear me out, they aren’t npcs, and they aren’t in any minigames, in fact I’m pretty sure it’d be their Mario Party debut. And theyd spice up the roster

Okay so I take back what I said last night about the best JRPG sidekick. Today I found the actual best:
2020050922195200-e58c03fd2ff562f462515fb73597eda6.jpg

Every time a monster attacked him I shouted "fuck you" at my screen.

Me rn:
9ynx0af6myw31.png
These little vignettes were great additions for the Switch version, although I'm still a little mixed on them. I'll wait and explain why once you've gotten a little further in the game, I'd like to hear your take on it

So, What if Mario Party Superstars gets a free update… that adds all the Koopalings as playable characters? I mean hear me out, they aren’t npcs, and they aren’t in any minigames, in fact I’m pretty sure it’d be their Mario Party debut. And theyd spice up the roster
Let them had Pauline first then we can discuss.

If I ever see the koopalings again it will be too soon

These little vignettes were great additions for the Switch version, although I'm still a little mixed on them. I'll wait and explain why once you've gotten a little further in the game, I'd like to hear your take on it
I'm surprised to hear they were additions for Switch. But I think I can guess at this point what they did on the earlier version.

Got to 90 stars in Mario 64 and I just couldn't take not finding the fecking red cap switch. I've been searching all over for it... I'm glad I broke down and looked up a guide because WTF...

You can get to the red cap switch stage after collecting just 10 stars. You have to look up at the source of a beam of light in the main foyer of the castle. Now that is obscure and well hidden. Don't recall any Toads offering any hint of that.

Man, Sin and Punishment on NSO does not play well with a pro controller. Very awkward control scheme....

Got to 90 stars in Mario 64 and I just couldn't take not finding the fecking red cap switch. I've been searching all over for it... I'm glad I broke down and looked up a guide because WTF...

You can get to the red cap switch stage after collecting just 10 stars. You have to look up at the source of a beam of light in the main foyer of the castle. Now that is obscure and well hidden. Don't recall any Toads offering any hint of that.
I remember discovering that myself as a kid. It’s a good secret!

I have no idea how I ever learned of that originally but it's like, engrained into my memory. I wouldn't think to NOT look there, it's like checking for invisible blocks or something.

I’m not saying to the exclusion of Diddy and Pauline, they can happen too. But we didn’t get a random new bowser minion(yet) this game which has been a tradition for years now
If they add Wolfgang I would be so happy ... I hope we get more characters and not just more boards.

Well that sucks

Okay I clicked through and... oooh man, I thought the backlash they're talking about was the casting stuff. It's... not. I don't think that's really what he meant when he posted that Instagram thing about his wife and daughter, but... ugh, either way the internet can be a terrible place.

I really do struggle to see pinned threads. This has been the strangest revelation to me.
Okay I clicked through and... oooh man, I thought the backlash they're talking about was the casting stuff. It's... not. I don't think that's really what he meant when he posted that Instagram thing about his wife and daughter, but... ugh, either way the internet can be a terrible place.
There's no way that's what he meant. Perhaps he should've been more careful with his phrasing given the context, but having grown up in a culture where I hear words like that a lot, I'm certain he feels his general life situation is awesome and is trying to credit his wife for that - not specifically for their child being healthy in ways beyond her control.

Sounds like he was able to shrug it off in the end.

Today I had to clean the house, rake the leaves, cook dinner, take care of a baby and my wife who is sick with a cold, and get a covid test.

Despite all that I managed to squeeze in some gaming time, to my eternal shame.

Today I had my tub drain overflow due to a clogged toilet, wore my arms out trying to get seized hubs off the rear axle of an old Jag (to the point where I couldn't hardly move my arms for an hour and my wrists were twitching), broke three(!) sockets, and finally gave up and sat down to play DQXI to relax... and I happened to be at the most depressing part of the story.

It's now 9:30 and I'm going to bed 'upset' and 'depressed,' in case Yahoo Entertainment is listening.

Depends, what if someone bought the XB figures 😉

(I didn't. Way too much)
Literally the only Xenoblade "figure" I'd want would be a statue of the Monado in the grass from the intro. But the degree to which I'd want it would be immense.

Playing Kingdom Hearts 2 final mix and it’s always noticeable how poor the voice acting and Voice direction is for most characters.

Got to Tron and thought, wow, Tron’s vocie acting is really good and so unlike kingdom hearts where he’s not talking in weird gaps. Then I see it’s the original actor from the 1982 Tron film lol. Nice.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

I'm having a weird spot of 'videogame productivity anxiety', where I'm concerned about getting through as many videogames as I can. Thankfully the panic is very minor, and I'm going to spend some of today pottering around my island and tidying things up as I begin to check out the new content.

And then it'll be the usual mix of Fire Emblem, Lord of the Rings, and maybe starting Ristar or Castlevania Bloodlines. May your day be as restful or as productive as you want it to be.

Preparing my own coverage of this story:

Game running on 5 year old mobile hardware looks different to game running on new, more powerful, stationary hardware: Internet outraged

Preparing my own coverage of this story:

Game running on 5 year old mobile hardware looks different to game running on new, more powerful, stationary hardware: Internet outraged

I haven't been paying attention to the GTA ports but I have lost all frame of reference for whether a Switch game looks bad or not because it gets said about everything now lol

I haven't been paying attention to the GTA ports but I have lost all frame of reference for whether a Switch game looks bad or not because it gets said about everything now lol
Ain't like the other versions of the game look all that great in the first place.

Every Switch game simultaneously looks like a PS2, PS3 and PS4 game now.

Rule of thumb in regards to third party Switch games reveals;

The first fifty posts will have about thirty posts complaining about the visuals or remark that they aren’t playing the game on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom