• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved DQXI because I love DQ, but it's honestly not one of my favorites in the series. The changes in combat and MP management bothered me, and the third act was a hot mess.

People who liked it should really go back and play the other games, they're all fantastic.
I personally LOVE act 3. I never really understood why there's so much backlash against it, I found it to be endlessly clever and pay off on a ton of things that you didn't even really realize needed paying off on until they happened. It's perfection.

I think the main reason I love DQ11 is that my other favorite DQ is 8, and 11 is (in many many ways) just a more modern and updated version of 8

Ok stupid question coming up: I started Mario+Rabbids and I am at world 1-8 or something like this and I am reading right now that there are challenges after each world that are super fun and more difficult but I totally missed them somehow and have no idea how to access them. Do I need to clear world 1 first?
The challenges will appear after you beat the world boss

I personally LOVE act 3. I never really understood why there's so much backlash against it, I found it to be endlessly clever and pay off on a ton of things that you didn't even really realize needed paying off on until they happened. It's perfection.

I think the main reason I love DQ11 is that my other favorite DQ is 8, and 11 is (in many many ways) just a more modern and updated version of 8
I think part of it is that a lot of people just got tired of the game by the time Act 3 came around. But I don't know, I never really followed the discourse around the game a whole lot.

Update re: my covid scare

I just took an at-home test that came up negative. While that is a massive relief, I’m still going to go to Walgreens in a bit for a lab test just to be certain

Like how there’s no definitive version of the game and all the soundtrack shenanigans heyoooo

I think part of it is that a lot of people just got tired of the game by the time Act 3 came around. But I don't know, I never really followed the discourse around the game a whole lot.
That is part of it, and it's a LONG game after all. And I know the main argument of why act 3 is bad or didn't need to exist, it's just not an argument that I agree with at all:

Most people who don't like Act 3 don't like it because they see the time-travel bit as undoing a lot of the character development and darker story bits that happen in Act 2, and that it retroactively makes things worse and have less impact and spoils the plot. But I don't see it that way at all: The events in Act 2 still happened, and you still had all those great character moments. You're not undoing them at all, you're simply moving to another alternate perspective on things to create, ultimately, a better world than the timeline that Act 2 ends in. And as a result, you see the full potential of many of the mini-story-plots around the world and pay them off in really clever ways, even if they're different than Act 2.

I thought it was a fantastic way to tie up dangling plot threads and expand the game yet again, while also doing things differently than act 2. I see it sort of like when there's a movie version of a book that's not 100% faithful in its adaptation: Maybe it's better, maybe it's worse, but the important thing is that the existence of one doesn't invalidate the other. The book will always be there, in its original form. And so will the movie. Nothing is diminished, or worsened retroactively, etc., by the existence of a movie adaptation. This is an argument I have never understood.

That is part of it, and it's a LONG game after all. And I know the main argument of why act 3 is bad or didn't need to exist, it's just not an argument that I agree with at all:

Most people who don't like Act 3 don't like it because they see the time-travel bit as undoing a lot of the character development and darker story bits that happen in Act 2, and that it retroactively makes things worse and have less impact and spoils the plot. But I don't see it that way at all: The events in Act 2 still happened, and you still had all those great character moments. You're not undoing them at all, you're simply moving to another alternate perspective on things to create, ultimately, a better world than the timeline that Act 2 ends in. And as a result, you see the full potential of many of the mini-story-plots around the world and pay them off in really clever ways, even if they're different than Act 2.

I thought it was a fantastic way to tie up dangling plot threads and expand the game yet again, while also doing things differently than act 2. I see it sort of like when there's a movie version of a book that's not 100% faithful in its adaptation: Maybe it's better, maybe it's worse, but the important thing is that the existence of one doesn't invalidate the other. The book will always be there, in its original form. And so will the movie. Nothing is diminished, or worsened retroactively, etc., by the existence of a movie adaptation. This is an argument I have never understood.
Thank you for laying it out in detail! Yeah, I can not say I agree with those points, either. None of this ever even occured to me, it just felt right.

I never get games early.

I jealousy and unfairly am going to assume anyone that gets it early is lying that it was shipped to them early and got it thought other means 😭😭😭

As someone who spent a lot of time in east Texas growing up, I must say: it's barely even ok
I have family in central Texas, and the old joke we had when driving there to visit was that every single town in Texas, no matter how small, even with a population of like 5 people, would have a Dairy Queen in it. And maybe a Whataburger, if it was a little bigger.

Dairy queen , the subway of ice cream stores
I just always preferred Sonic, which for some reason is way better in Texas than it is in California.
the burger, not The Hedgehog

I have family in central Texas, and the old joke we had when driving there to visit was that every single town in Texas, no matter how small, even with a population of like 5 people, would have a Dairy Queen in it. And maybe a Whataburger, if it was a little bigger.
One of my aunts came from Texas to visit California and went with her husband to one of my absolute favorite little places on the central coast and when I found out they went there I got excited and asked what they thought of it and her husband said "There was no Dairy Queen and no Wal-Mart. It was... un-American."

So uh... Yeah. 😅

Last edited:
Did you ever play the DLC? I got the season pass ages ago but didn't play much of Cindered Shadows. But now I wanna unlock the new units for the main game.
The DLC is fun! I didn't like it QUITE as much as the main game (mostly due to the lack of customization available in it, since your characters are more locked in) but it's still well worth playing, and can be quite challenging. And the new units and classes are great, I particularly love Dark Flier

The DLC is fun! I didn't like it QUITE as much as the main game (mostly due to the lack of customization available in it, since your characters are more locked in) but it's still well worth playing, and can be quite challenging. And the new units and classes are great, I particularly love Dark Flier

It's definitely worth playing - but I'd agree with @SammyJ9 - not as strong as the main game. Some challenging missions and the new units can be worth recruiting.

The limited customization is actually why I'm enjoying it as a companion piece to the main game which can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Cindered Shadows on the other hand is almost like a condensed classic FE campaign.

Hot cake:

classic-fluffy-hot-cakes-recipe-hornomx-FG.jpg

I need to stop selling games on Kijiji/Facebook. If I don't get physical assault threats, I get someone trying to scam me and threaten to call the police on me :/

Hot take: Metroid is the best Nintendo franchise
That is not how you spell Xenoblade (Or 3D Mario)

Dairy Queen is the GOAT, I love the Oreo Blizzards.

Nothing beats the local ice cream shops, tho.
Actual GOAT blizzard. Along with Cotton Candy blizzards :love:

Talking about mobile games...

I'm a Gatcha player, but Tales of Luminaria is BAD... there are some interesting Ideas... but horrible execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom