• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really cool whenever someone new plays DQXI and discovers the best JRPG protagonist ever created.

Who else could it be? Really now... Shoulda been Sylvando in Smash. Hendrick is cool too I guess.

It's really cool whenever someone new plays DQXI and discovers the best JRPG protagonist ever created.

Who else could it be? Really now... Shoulda been Sylvando in Smash. Hendrick is cool too I guess.

And the best JRPG sidekick?
E5xhWCgWQAUHHQB.jpg

And here I thought my escapades in DQXI would be the weirdest shit I saw all night.

I uh... I'm going to sleep now yall.

I think 3D World was underrated before it came to the Switch. It seemed like most of the opinions I saw pre-port was that it was only okay (I assume because it wasn't the type of 3D Mario people wanted), but then when we got the port on a console with a much larger audience (and Odyssey had now scratched that itch for people), the fresh eyes judged it much more favorably.

And Bowser's Fury rocks. I hope the assumptions were true that this was EAD experimenting with an idea for the next big Mario platformer.
That makes sense and I can see that. I also agree that it was likely the level/world structure that probably brought it down a couple pegs for people when it originally came out. It does sort of lack that more “epic” feeling that Galaxy and Odyssey give off.

Agree with your BF thoughts, as well, and I definitely hope they keep exploring the idea. It feels like an even better marriage between 3D World and Odyssey than 3D Land/3D World were of 2D and 3D Mario (if that makes any sense 😆.) The idea of a bunch of platforming levels connected together to build a larger world could be the perfect next evolution for the series.

Ok stupid question coming up: I started Mario+Rabbids and I am at world 1-8 or something like this and I am reading right now that there are challenges after each world that are super fun and more difficult but I totally missed them somehow and have no idea how to access them. Do I need to clear world 1 first?

Last edited:
Ok stupid question coming up: I started Mario+Rabbids and I am at world 4 or something like this and I am reading right now that there are challenges after each world that are super fun and more difficult but I totally missed them somehow and have no idea how to access them.
From what I remember, it’s either you walk back through the levels and find new Rabbids or they are in one of the buildings near the castle (the battle dome?).

I've been procrastinating on my Spanish homework by rewatching SMT V trailers and thinking about how I will totally, definitely, absolutely get stuff done ahead of time so I can play the game all next weekend.

Good morning Fami - hope we're all doing well. I'm tired and a little troubled today, and who knows what's on the agenda gaming wise.

I'm up to the war phase of Three Houses once again, am only a small way into making changes to my AC island layout, and both the N64 and Mega Drive apps are calling to me.

It's also the first proper day of Autumn Internationals in rugby union, and there's a whole day of matches pretty much, so that'll make it easy to rest today. And, with my first return to The Lord of the Rings in several years, the Fellowship have arrived in Lothlorien and have just left the hill of Cerin Amroth.

Autumn comforts.

Just wanted to bring some good ol' positivity in here. The bad news is I had to send in my oled switch for repairs (it should be covered by warranty though), the good news is, it seems Nintendo customer service is still as excellent as I remember it being in the 3DS days. At least here in Germany and at least in my experience.

It looked like DHL had somehow effed up the delivery of my package to the repair service. The tracking said it had been "delivered to a different person: Mrs. H****" (it did give me the entire name, but I am not disclosing it here).

So I was understandably worried, especially since my repair tracking with Nintendo did not update to show my package had arrived even after 24 hours. So I called them and the guy was very patient with me and did find out that there is a Mrs. H at the logistics center of said repair service company and that currently they are getting many packages so scanning them all can take up to 3 days.

This may sound minor but he had to wade through a lot of asking people to find out whether this Mrs. H exists and I guarantee you 99% of all other companies would have been like "Well a mishandled delivery is DHL's problem, not ours, call them" (which ofc I was planning on doing, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't falsely accusing one of those poor delivery people).

I mean maybe my praise is premature because the repair still hasn't been done yet, but as far as my first impressions this time around are concerned, they're still as good as I remember them being.

Unlike Sony's customer service, with whom I had to discuss for 3 weeks to get a refund on a psn game that did not work. It's a long story but basically I played it for 3 hours, and the next day the game was locked and wouldn't boot anymore. Sony was like "But you played it, so no refund." I tried with them for weeks. I recorded a video of the game being looked, uploaded it to YouTube, linked it to them, they still wouldn't refund me.
They only gave in when I made it clear that I am aware of the terms of our purchase agreement and that said agreement did not mention that access to the game would be limited in any capacity, so they better get that refund going or I would get my lawyer going (I don't even have a lawyer but they didn't need to know that).

If you're used to shit like this, Nintendo's customer service seems amazing...

Hokay so

I've only had to peek at walkthroughs and forums for DQXI a couple times, and really only to help with fetch quest stuff. But I kept seeing people mention Act 1 vs Act 2 and I was kinda confused. The walkthrough I was peeking at showed me being in chapter 8 of 12, then 9 of 12, now I'm in 10 of 12 so I keep assuming I'm close to the end of the game but I've seen no sign that I've changed Acts. I've heard there's a robust postgame, so I thought I'd carefully google whether "Act 2" is just the postgame or not. Found someone asking the same question: "how do I know once I've gotten to Act 2?"

The posted answer: "If you're still happy, you're not in Act 2 yet".

So
I got all the Orbs, am heading to the First Forest now. And I'm just, I guess assuming that I'm about to become severely depressed for a week or so.

Just a little forewarning in case my tone changes for a little while. 😅

Something something the real DQ XI is about to begin

Just wanted to bring some good ol' positivity in here. The bad news is I had to send in my oled switch for repairs (it should be covered by warranty though), the good news is, it seems Nintendo customer service is still as excellent as I remember it being in the 3DS days. At least here in Germany and at least in my experience.

It looked like DHL had somehow effed up the delivery of my package to the repair service. The tracking said it had been "delivered to a different person: Mrs. H****" (it did give me the entire name, but I am not disclosing it here).

So I was understandably worried, especially since my repair tracking with Nintendo did not update to show my package had arrived even after 24 hours. So I called them and the guy was very patient with me and did find out that there is a Mrs. H at the logistics center of said repair service company and that currently they are getting many packages so scanning them all can take up to 3 days.

This may sound minor but he had to wade through a lot of asking people to find out whether this Mrs. H exists and I guarantee you 99% of all other companies would have been like "Well a mishandled delivery is DHL's problem, not ours, call them" (which ofc I was planning on doing, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't falsely accusing one of those poor delivery people).

I mean maybe my praise is premature because the repair still hasn't been done yet, but as far as my first impressions this time around are concerned, they're still as good as I remember them being.

Unlike Sony's customer service, with whom I had to discuss for 3 weeks to get a refund on a psn game that did not work. It's a long story but basically I played it for 3 hours, and the next day the game was locked and wouldn't boot anymore. Sony was like "But you played it, so no refund." I tried with them for weeks. I recorded a video of the game being looked, uploaded it to YouTube, linked it to them, they still wouldn't refund me.
They only gave in when I made it clear that I am aware of the terms of our purchase agreement and that said agreement did not mention that access to the game would be limited in any capacity, so they better get that refund going or I would get my lawyer going (I don't even have a lawyer but they didn't need to know that).

If you're used to shit like this, Nintendo's customer service seems amazing...

I don't think that's a minor thing, most companies would just shrug and tell you to solve the problem with DHL, so that's at least a good beginning from Nintendo. Let's hope the rest of the process goes smoothly 😁.

My experience with Sony was also negative, but not like your case; remember the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco and the refund? Well i applied for the refund through a custom link that they created at the time, but i never got my refund.
I had to contact their customer service trough a vpn (i bought the game on the PSN US store) and only then they refunded me.

Sorry, folks, I know this is old news, but I really, reaaaally can't get enough of this picture!! xD
FDc-SHnl-X0-AImn-Gr.jpg

Inb4 its mobile only

I was looking for a thread for this but I guess it's just a rumour and most of us knew about it courtesy of the GeForce leak. Hype intensifies though.

I still think the pixel remasters of FF will come to Switch at some point but I don't always get SE's logic.

I really hope they can reboot the series if this sells well which it inevitably will.

Nintendo sent me the survey for Metroid Dread and I asked for easy mode for the boss fights.

The sense of escalation in FE: Three Houses, from chapter 11 onwards, is something I really love about the game. Makes me all the more interested in a potential Genealogy of the Holy War remake on Switch.

I’m gonna start DQXIS after I roll credits on Sunshine for the GameCube badge. That will be my reward for pushing through this awful excuse for a mario game

I’m gonna start DQXIS after I roll credits on Sunshine for the GameCube badge. That will be my reward for pushing through this awful excuse for a mario game

Weird. Why do you play one awful game right after another? 🤭😜

Lol

My favorite Switch games remain BOTW, Hades, and DQ XI. Not sure of the order either.

After all those years of waiting for a new game after DQ VIII, XI managed to meet those admittedly high expectations.

Sorry, friends, I really tried and am still occasionally trying to like DQ(XIS), but the fact that I have to try to like it probably says a lot in and of itself, haha.

Sorry, friends, I really tried and am still occasionally trying to like DQ(XIS), but the fact that I have to try to like it probably says a lot in and of itself, haha.

It’s hyper-traditional to a fault; if there are elements of classic JRPGs that might bother people, then DQ XI has it. Understandable.

but it’s so dang perfect and incredible and everything I wanted so I’m not judging. I swear.

It’s hyper-traditional to a fault; if there are elements of classic JRPGs that might bother people, then DQ XI has it. Understandable.

but it’s so dang perfect and incredible and everything I wanted so I’m not judging. I swear.
It's going to be a while before we see any of it, but I selfishly hope DQ12 is not going to stray too far from traditional DQ. I already lost FF, which was a big enough blow.

Dragon Quest is a lot like pokemon: their basic formula works exceptionally well. So they are reliant on everything else around it to set them apart

Not gonna go on about who does that better tho

I can't even remember how often I've thought about DQXIS, its design principles and its execution, so that I may be able to pinpoint exactly what it is that I just don't like about the game.

But honestly, at this point it feels like the whole game's DNA simply isn't to my taste, singling out one or two key factors doesn't really work for me with this one.

People talking about DQXI leads to me being tempted to revisit it and play it in 2D this time. But, after I'm done with this Fire Emblem play through, it's time for Phantasy Star IV and Shin Megami Tensei V.

Dragon Quest is a lot like pokemon: their basic formula works exceptionally well. So they are reliant on everything else around it to set them apart
It's quite funny that you mention Pokémon, because I do often think about those games as well when DQ crosses my mind. There's just something really similar about the two series for me.

And even funnier is that I like neither (anymore). 💁

I loved DQXI because I love DQ, but it's honestly not one of my favorites in the series. The changes in combat and MP management bothered me, and the third act was a hot mess.

People who liked it should really go back and play the other games, they're all fantastic.

It's quite funny that you mention Pokémon, because I do often think about those games as well when DQ crosses my mind. There's just something really similar about the two series for me.

And even funnier is that I like neither (anymore). 💁
I've always used DQ as a point of comparison for pokemon because of their traditionalist leanings. Also funny that I'm playing the original dq trilogy

This conversation reminder me that DQ3 2DHD is a thing that is happening and oooh boy. Everyone should get it! It's the quintessential JRPG.

And we might even get X eventually, I'm so excited!

Next week could be a very exciting gaming week for me. SMT5 is already preloaded and for gta I still wait for switch gameplay. I prey it turns out good as I really want to revisit GTA 3 and vice City on my switch.

Till then I still have to finish mario sunshine for the badge... Oh boy that pain.

Good morning Fami - hope we're all doing well. I'm tired and a little troubled today, and who knows what's on the agenda gaming wise.
Good morning, bud! Hope your day goes better than expected and you get some time to enjoy the things you like.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters should get a ludicrous special edition physical release, all six on one cartridge, with a white vinyl soundtrack and an art book and I'll buy that, thank you very much.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters should get a ludicrous special edition physical release, all six on one cartridge, with a white vinyl soundtrack and an art book and I'll buy that, thank you very much.
I'll get that ludicrous special edition if it includes some better UI font for the games as premium DLC on top of all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom