• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After hours of research I've pretty much decided Chrono Break needs to be made using DQXI as a base, and yes that includes having a 2D mode option for the entire game.

Two weeks out, shouldn't be surprising for a Pokemon game.

This conversation reminder me that DQ3 2DHD is a thing that is happening and oooh boy. Everyone should get it! It's the quintessential JRPG.

And we might even get X eventually, I'm so excited!
I'm still wondering when that's dropping. I assume next year, but when next year?

Animal Crossing DLC is addictive as hell. The free update is nice, but beyond Harv's island (which is actually a game changer with Redd, Leif and the others there everyday) and all the new items (which are awesome !! But it's hard to see which are from the free update and which are from the DLC so far, only seeing much of them in Home Designer), it's nothing that truly makes you wanna play more than before.

Happy Home Paradise on the other hand is fucking crazy fun and long. Did 23 houses so far, still 2 buildings on the island that are not made (the hospital and ??? Wonder what the other is. Either a concert show or a shop I imagine), I'm having so much fun.
Been playing it nonstop since yesterday.

Animal Crossing DLC is addictive as hell. The free update is nice, but beyond Harv's island (which is actually a game changer with Redd, Leif and the others there everyday) and all the new items (which are awesome !! But it's hard to see which are from the free update and which are from the DLC so far, only seeing much of them in Home Designer), it's nothing that truly makes you wanna play more than before.

Happy Home Paradise on the other hand is fucking crazy fun and long. Did 23 houses so far, still 2 buildings on the island that are not made (the hospital and ??? Wonder what the other is. Either a concert show or a shop I imagine), I'm having so much fun.
Been playing it nonstop since yesterday.
23 houses? Wow

im truly loving HHP although i didn't put much time in it so far I'm focussing of redesign my island which it take most of my time but yeah my addiction is back with this update lol

The problem with Redd at Harv's island is he's been offering the same two fakes since he's set up shop there for me.

But but they sell the same game again for $60 with fast traveling through Amiibo

we stan a KING

tumblr_lyapdldSq31qawn12-thumb-200x200-21093.jpg

The SS amiibo controversy was overblown just like nearly every other stupid thing gamers get outraged about on the internet. When I played SSHD, I never once thought that I needed to be able to travel to Skyloft whenever I wanted. It was never a problem to find a bird statue because they were literally everywhere.

The SS amiibo controversy was overblown just like nearly every other stupid thing gamers get outraged about on the internet. When I played SSHD, I never once thought that I needed to be able to travel to Skyloft whenever I wanted. It was never a problem to find a bird statue because they were literally everywhere.
It kinda felt like the NSO fog situation. People were already insisting SSHD's price should have been lower so the small issues that cropped up were overblown into justification for the outrage that was already there. It's like they were looking for reasons to be upset.

I'm not saying "don't criticise sketchy decisions or discuss subpar features," I'm talking about this trend of people outrage-hunting, is all.

SS thing was not the worst thing with amiibos that would be the samus returns thing with hiding difficulty behind them plus some extra fetaures.

"Amiibo-exclusive content is unlocked; such content includes a Metroid II art gallery, a Samus Returns art gallery, a Sound Test, and Fusion Mode,"

But it is the principle I dont like of having these in game things hidden behind these figures which are also hard to get because of scalpers sometimes. Also with dlc amiibos scalpers would go even harder.

SS thing was not the worst thing with amiibos that would be the samus returns thing with hiding difficulty behind them plus some extra fetaures.

"Amiibo-exclusive content is unlocked; such content includes a Metroid II art gallery, a Samus Returns art gallery, a Sound Test, and Fusion Mode,"

But it is the principle I dont like of having these in game things hidden behind these figures which are also hard to get because of scalpers sometimes. Also with dlc amiibos scalpers would go even harder.
Oh absolutely, I agree about Samus Returns. The Fusion mode should never have been locked behind an amiibo. I will never get the chance to play that mode simply because I didn’t buy the game when it launched.

It kinda felt like the NSO fog situation. People were already insisting SSHD's price should have been lower so the small issues that cropped up were overblown into justification for the outrage that was already there. It's like they were looking for reasons to be upset.

I'm not saying "don't criticise sketchy decisions or discuss subpar features," I'm talking about this trend of people outrage-hunting, is all.
I still bought the game but it was annoying to me. Its the principle of putting in game stuff behind a figure which can be hard to get sometimes.
I also dont want to support that practice so they don't do it in future games. If they do something like this with botw2 and it is a more substantial feature I would be pretty mad.

Same i never used or even thought of using the amiibo. Although i agree that locked the fast travel behind the amiibo was legit criticism even if people way overreacted about it

Playing more Switch than ever, five years later, and I think I want something a little more comfortable for my large hands during portable play. Do you all have recommendations? I'm thinking the HORI split pad pro at the moment.

Playing more Switch than ever, five years later, and I think I want something a little more comfortable for my large hands during portable play. Do you all have recommendations? I'm thinking the HORI split pad pro at the moment.

The HORI Split Pad Pro is nice but it's very light/hollow feeling so it can feel a bit weird IMO. I actually prefer the denser feeling of the Joycons most of the time.

But but they sell the same game again for $60 with fast traveling through Amiibo

The figures they're using are outdated. Skyward Sword on Wii sold 3.67 million units lifetime. The HD remaster probably sold at least an additional 70k units since September so it's almost certainly already past it though.

Everyone being so enthusiastic about the AC update makes me wanna play it. But I haven't really touched my island since like, April 2020. I was up to trying to get a certain star rating for the island. Last time I checked my island it was covered in weeds. Should I just start over? Is that even something I can do?

If you don't mind the Joycon themselves and just want more to hold onto, maybe get a grip case? Satisfye's Zen Grips are pretty popular, could be worth looking into.

The HORI Split Pad Pro is nice but it's very light/hollow feeling so it can feel a bit weird IMO. I actually prefer the denser feeling of the Joycons most of the time.
Yeah, I saw they can't be used off the Switch either. Not a huge deal breaker but it'd be nice to have extra controllers for others all the same lol
If you don't mind the Joycon themselves and just want more to hold onto, maybe get a grip case? Satisfye's Zen Grips are pretty popular, could be worth looking into.
I'll have to check it out. I don't mind the joycons too much, but I would like something bigger.

Those Binbok controllers look really nice too, but they have quality control issues, from what I've heard. Decisions, decisions...

I love the HORI Split Pad Pro. Been using them as replacements for joycons because I was getting tired of dealing with drift. The only downsides are lack of gyro and rumble, but that isn’t a bid dealbreaker for me. If you get them you might notice that the joysticks have a farther travel distance before being fully tilted physically (for lack of a better description) compared to regular joycons. You get used to it really quick and its not really a problem, but wanted to point that out.

Playing Dread was useful because I finally discovered why the “y can’t Metroid crawl” Miiverse was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom