• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered that, but there's two things which made it seem less likely to me for Metroid Prime HD:

• One is, to my memory, Nintendo has never outright announced a new first party title at the TGA's, only given updates to already announced ones.
  • Two, I feel that Metroid Prime HD is likely something they'll announce and release within a few months, something they'd reveal at E3 for an August/Sept release.
In recent years, Nintendo announced the following 1st party games at the Game Awards :
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Bayonetta 1 & 2 Switch port
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Don't know if this was discussed earlier today, but Dead Cells is getting a third paid DLC expansion. This game has grown so much since release, mostly with free DLC even. Looking forward to this.

Games that are bad:

1) Metroid Dread

Games that are good:

1) Xenoblade Chronicles 2

This is a joke XD

Post-Switch launch, If Nintendo reveals a new game at TGA, it's more than likely a cult third-party IP that they're publishing. Bayonetta, MUA, and Bravely Default fitted the bill. The other reveals were DLC for the heavy hitters like Smash and BotW.

I can’t believe even our own poll on snubbing snubbed Super Robot Wars30!

Post-Switch launch, If Nintendo reveals a new game at TGA, it's more than likely a revival of a cult third-party IP that they're publishing. Bayonetta, MUA, and Bravely Default fitted the bill. The other reveals were DLC for the heavy hitters like Smash and BotW.
Obviously we’re getting X-Men Legends ‘92 using MUA3 as a base

But it is midnight, though.
midnight EST! me @ me:

ECZCosZ.png

In recent years, Nintendo announced the following 1st party games at the Game Awards :
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Bayonetta 1 & 2 Switch port
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

I'd don't know that I'd consider those 1st party in the sense that the IP are not owned by Nintendo. They are 3rd party titles that were funded or partially funded by Nintendo. I know HAL is technically 3rd-party, but Kirby itself is definitely a Nintendo owned IP.

I guess I could clarify that Nintendo has, to my knowledge, never revealed a new title from their own IP slate at the TGA's and probably prefer to use their own Directs for that kind of thing.

I'd don't know that I'd consider those 1st party in the sense that the IP are not owned by Nintendo. I know HAL is technically 3rd-party, but Kirby itself is definitely a Nintendo owned IP. I guess I could clarify that Nintendo has, to my knowledge, never revealed a new title from their own IP slate at the TGA's and probably prefer to use their own Directs for that kind of thing.
Sony owns neither Spider-Man nor Wolverine, but the games are first-party titles since they were funded and published by Sony. It's the same for Bayonetta 2&3 as well as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in regards to Nintendo.

Tbh, I'm not super interested in what MercurySteam has in store if it doesn't involve Nintendo. Dread is Sakamoto's vision. They are super talented when they have a clear vision that guides them.

The first Lords of Shadow was a pretty fun romp that could have been improved in a sequel. Sadly they completely dropped the ball with that one. I really hope that this is closer to LoS and not a Souls-like.

I'm actually getting pretty hyped for the Keighley's.

I was a fan of live E3 shows tho, even the bad boring ones. I mean I'd have to be, since that was most of them lol

Isn't it basically the first game from a pretty small dev? It's likely a lot more important for them to work on the continuous updates and content for their already established audience on Playstation / PC (to ensure they don't move on to something else) than it is to slow those updates down and work on the other versions. Eventually maybe they will find someone to outsource the ports to

Nope. Mediatonic are pretty big(200+ people), having been developing games for about 15 years and are now owned by Epic.

Sony owns neither Spider-Man nor Wolverine, but the games are first-party titles since they were funded and published by Sony. It's the same for Bayonetta 2&3 as well as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in regards to Nintendo.
I understand, that's why I qualified my statement that Nintendo typically doesn't reveal new games from their traditional IP slate (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc) at the TGA's but prefers to remind people of already announced stuff. This isn't set in stone obviously. With no more smash character reveals, they could always play a new card this time.

Just booted up Catherine Full Body for the first time. That title screen video..... wtf am I getting myself into?

Would be nice for you guys if it passes.

If being the keyword here.
El oh el, laws don't pass here anymore, this will likely be blocked into oblivion just because of who introduced it. I just think it's a hilariously "which timeline even is this" sort of headline. 😅

Geoff gets so much disrespect. He should start his own message board, doritopope.com

No work/school email or long essay required, but you have to have proof of dorito purchase. You need to have purchased at least $100 worth of Dorito products in the past month to qualify

the dorito memes are well worn out. I get the feeling that Geoff regrets the sponsorship these days since the joke keeps coming back up

Geoff gets so much disrespect. He should start his own message board, doritopope.com

No work/school email or long essay required, but you have to have proof of dorito purchase. You need to have purchased at least $100 worth of Dorito products in the past month to qualify
He gets way too overhyped and overexcited, regardless of whether or not that's genuine. And especially about auteur-type games like those from his BFF Kojima.

Gonna need at least a good hour of gaming time today to de-stress; it's time for my next routine scan.

To cut a long story short, I had cancer in 2019-2020, and while treatment was successful, I have to get a CT scan every four months and a full body PET/CT/MRI every year for the next 7 years to make sure it doesn't come back.

All my scans since it was removed last April have come back clean, but I still get so incredibly anxious every time I have to get them, and for me gaming is a great source of comfort, escapism, and stress relief.

My Switch has been an extremely valuable companion over the last two years.

Outside the 2 metroid games, I never liked mercury steam games. I dont know how they can makes such good metroid games but such mediocre castlevania ones
Without good direction, their games are painfully generic. MS is consistent in good art direction, so I give them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom