• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna need at least a good hour of gaming time today to de-stress; it's time for my next routine scan.

To cut a long story short, I had cancer in 2019-2020, and while treatment was successful, I have to get a CT scan every four months and a full body PET/CT/MRI every year for the next 7 years to make sure it doesn't come back.

All my scans since it was removed last April have come back clean, but I still get so incredibly anxious every time I have to get them, and for me gaming is a great source of comfort, escapism, and stress relief.

My Switch has been an extremely valuable companion over the last two years.
That's really rough and i wish you all the strength in the world and ofc that all keeps on going well.

And yes I agree gaming can be a great escape.

Gonna need at least a good hour of gaming time today to de-stress; it's time for my next routine scan.

To cut a long story short, I had cancer in 2019-2020, and while treatment was successful, I have to get a CT scan every four months and a full body PET/CT/MRI every year for the next 7 years to make sure it doesn't come back.

All my scans since it was removed last April have come back clean, but I still get so incredibly anxious every time I have to get them, and for me gaming is a great source of comfort, escapism, and stress relief.

Keep soldiering on. It sounds like you're treating yourself just right, so I know you're gonna be okay.

Jesus fucking Christ, those quote replies are insane! Don't read them.
The first quote reply I saw was someone calling Arlo a pedophile because his channel appeals to children. Wtf is wrong with people.

And if I see one more "woke" complaint today I'm gonna throw up.

My dad is a cancer survivor so I understand scan-anxiety. Happy to hear yours have been clean so far, fingers crossed for the trend continuing.

This reminds me of a section of the Joker fanbase turn in the film cause they found out Joaquin Phoenix is a activist for human rights, animal rights and that speech at the BAFTAs that claimed he was too woke lol.

This reminds me of a section of the Joker fanbase turn in the film cause they found out Joaquin Phoenix is a activist for human rights, animal rights and that speech at the BAFTAs that claimed he was too woke lol.
There's two sides of the Joker fanbase. There's the people that took it as a critique of current society, and then there's those who idolize the Joker. It's easy to tell who's right and wrong.

I hope you folks don’t get mad at me.

But I’m a big believer in pushing for diversity.
AggravatingWateryJabiru-max-1mb.gif

I hope you folks don’t get mad at me.

But I’m a big believer in pushing for diversity.
If I correctly interpreted everything I've been told about why Brie Larson is a terrible human being, pushing for diversity means you want everyone who isn't a cis male or POC to lose their jobs and be buried by pop culture and you are therefore a fucking 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓽

Like when ammosexuals turned on Bradley Cooper after falling in love with him for American Sniper, then flipping out and calling betrayal when he attended the DNC later that year. Or to a lesser extent, Captain Goddamn America being a big anti-Tr*mp progressive.

You're confusing Nintendo fans with Twitter in general.
Holy fucking this. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the hate isn't even from fans of Nintendo or Arlo. It could be circulating due to fan retweets and a lot of deplorables are picking it up from there.

CoD selling at an all time low..perhaps a Switch version could be on their radar for their next game.
CoD selling at all time low should force Activision to focus on other franchises more but with the whole situation going on I doubt they'll release anything for some time. 2022 could be a year they have absolutely no releases.

CoD selling at all time low should force Activision to focus on other franchises more but with the whole situation going on I doubt they'll release anything for some time. 2022 could be a year they have absolutely no releases.

Yeah you're right it's not likely. The new modern game will come out and bring their rep back up

Considering development cycles and budgets, I think COD needs to be a 2 year release instead of annual.

In the years where there is no COD they can update Warzone or do remakes of old COD games instead. They can remake Black Ops 1/2 or Modern Warfare 3.

Outside the 2 metroid games, I never liked mercury steam games. I dont know how they can makes such good metroid games but such mediocre castlevania ones

I liked the first Lords of Shadow more than I liked Samus Returns. LoS was a solid God of War-esque action-adventure game with great presentation, collision detection issues aside. LoS2 and MoF were awful, though.

Potentially spicy take: I’m 2.5 episodes into Arcane and I’m bored out of my mind. When does it get good/better? The animation tech and cinematography are spectacular, but the story and dialog are cliche af. Is it cuz I’m not familiar with LoL? I seriously don’t care about any of these characters.

Potentially spicy take: I’m 2.5 episodes into Arcane and I’m bored out of my mind. When does it get good/better? The animation tech and cinematography are spectacular, but the story and dialog are cliche af. Is it cuz I’m not familiar with LoL? I seriously don’t care about any of these characters.
Just keep watching episode 3

remember when Square Enix had their president or whomever go on-stage at a Sony thing to be like "Final Fantasy 7 is coming to PS4" and the crowd started losing their minds (this was before the Remake was announced) because everyone thought the infamous PS3 tech demo was going to become real but they literally just meant the PS1 game was being ported

EDIT: here's the video

I was sitting like three rows from the front, so yes. I didn’t think it was happening, but I remember the energy in the room building rapidly and just entirely evaporating as it played out lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom