• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1298790.jpg
I do my best to be understanding that no population is a monolith, but it means I'll naïvely believe someone when they describe themselves as having opinions that I think are, uh, actively...not in their best interest? If that makes sense lol

Unsure where the project will fall in terms of scope -- be it a remaster/remake. Was conveyed to me as a remake but some of the details I've heard push it more towards a FF8 Remastered tier project in terms of scope than a full-on remake ala Trials of Mana. Maybe it'll settle somewhere in the middle of the two?

Hmm. That’s interesting - the game is essentially locked to a few platforms similar to Trials, so there has to be a financial decision behind whatever form it ultimately takes. Curious to see what their rationale for the scope (if we ever find out) actually is.

I’ve come to the conclusion.

I like grinding/collectibles certain things in gaming.

Like Miman’s in SMT V. Can’t move on until I feel I find all those little bastards.
Or synthesis materials for KH 1&2.
Affinity charts for blades in Xenoblade 2 and torna. So fun.

But I don’t like grinding for levels lol. I like staying under level. Kinda wish all games let you do what Xenoblade does and let you lower your level and use that EXP to buy stuff if you want.
I agree with this 100%. For some reason I don't mind going for little objectives like that, but I don't want to grind for JUST levels. Ideally you will gain XP and level in a balanced fashion as you do the exploring and gathering. But more games should definitely let you bank XP and use it how you want like XC2.

Nintendo should re-release a few million DS as an "anniversary" event and then keep selling it until it takes the top spot

Add a mysteriously preinstalled “Mario 128” software on the DS as a selling point, only for us to find out that it’s actually a Pikmin 1 port.

Nintendo pre-announcing that BOTW2 will be at TGA so everyone can see Dread winning the GOTY... They're mischievous

I just really don't want to lose the lovely pre-rendered backgrounds. I know they're a relic but similar to how Trigger had Square's best pixel art of the 16-bit era, I think Cross was Square's best... what would you call that? Poly-on-prerender art? And it'd be a shame to lose that.
Chrono Cross is one of the best-looking game on PS1; it's beautiful, mostly thanks to the backgrounds. It and FF9 both really set the bar there.

I think it depends on the scope of the game: They could cleanup the backgrounds and redo the character models and such and call it a day, and honestly I'd be happy with that. But if they're going for a more 3D-scale massive changeup then that wouldn't work, obviously. Trials of Mana is still pretty even if it's a bit basic, so I could maybe see that working, but it'd be a big undertaking.

Nintendo pre-announcing BOTW2 for The Keighleys would mean this year’s show would easily be the most viewed show yet.

was the 2016 botw reveal show more viewed than the others?
It was the most viewed at the time at 3.8 million viewers, but the shows have been increasing rapidly in viewership since then (80 million viewers last year!) so it's not really any indication of anything.

Either way I expect this to be the most-viewed simply by virtue of the constant growth we've seen year-on-year. Keighley's got a damn good thing going.

was the 2016 botw reveal show more viewed than the others?
I think The Keighleys (I'm calling them this now and I implore the rest of us to do the same) have consistently increased their viewer count year over year.

Edit: a Chart

Untitled-1.jpg

That's some absolutely astronomical growth

The Keighleys have such a massive viewership now that it would definitely make sense for Nintendo to throw a big-name there. In 2020 they didn't really have anything except for Smash DLC, but this year they've got a proverbial shit-ton of stuff just waiting to be shown off again so I'm not expecting a quiet showing from Nintendo. BotW2 would be the most obvious choice - outside of MP4 nothing else they've got has the sheer 'hype factor' for a massive 80m+ event like that one.

Or we'll get Bowser and Geoff competing in Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain. Who knows with Nintendo.

Unsure where the project will fall in terms of scope -- be it a remaster/remake. Was conveyed to me as a remake but some of the details I've heard push it more towards a FF8 Remastered tier project in terms of scope than a full-on remake ala Trials of Mana. Maybe it'll settle somewhere in the middle of the two?
I think the naming used is telling.

Chrono Cross is refered as Remastered so I am expecting a similar work as FF8R.

Final Fantasy IX is called a Remake so I am expecting something akin to Trials of Mana (with more budget).

it would be so odd to announce the remaster for chrono cross for consoles unless it's being announced alongside trigger coming to consoles as well.
This is the same company that announced Pixel Remasters for mobile & Steam only. And Chrono Cross might be easier since Trigger has a bunch of rights to sort out.

it would be so odd to announce the remaster for chrono cross for consoles unless it's being announced alongside trigger coming to consoles as well.
remember when Square Enix had their president or whomever go on-stage at a Sony thing to be like "Final Fantasy 7 is coming to PS4" and the crowd started losing their minds (this was before the Remake was announced) because everyone thought the infamous PS3 tech demo was going to become real but they literally just meant the PS1 game was being ported

EDIT: here's the video

So which of these two are you Nintendo fans gonna be playing this Friday Early December?

Switch_BBABvB_BoxArtRP_highres.jpg
apps.21536.13727851868390641.c9cc5f66-aff8-406c-af6b-440838730be0.68796bde-cbf5-4eaa-a299-011417041da6

The new, revolutionary sequel in a decades-old beloved franchise which has spanned generations. One that allows you to compete together against your friends, or enjoy a rich singleplayer experience that aims to challenge both your wits and your reflexes. Using next-gen hardware to implement cutting-edge gameplay ideas never before seen in its series

Or Halo: Infinite?

So which of these two are you Nintendo fans gonna be playing this Friday?

apps.21536.13727851868390641.c9cc5f66-aff8-406c-af6b-440838730be0.68796bde-cbf5-4eaa-a299-011417041da6

The new, revolutionary sequel in a decades-old beloved franchise which has spanned generations. One that allows you to compete together against your friends, or enjoy a rich singleplayer experience that aims to challenge both your wits and your reflexes. Using next-gen hardware to implement cutting-edge gameplay ideas never before seen in its series

Halo is out on the 8th I believe! But Halo

My Switch's touch screen no worky, so I can't even play BBABVB properly

I'll be playing Halo Infinite, but before that, The Last Campfire or Toem incoming as my relaxing indie game before I start Shin Megami Tensei V at the weekend.

So which of these two are you Nintendo fans gonna be playing this Friday Early December?

The one that doesn't make me feel dumb when I lose.

Neither, once I finish SMTV it's on to Pokemon BDSP. And I've been itching to replay Valkyria Chronicles 4 so I think that'll happen too.

So which of these two are you Nintendo fans gonna be playing this Friday?

People who buy big brain academy instead

images

remember when Square Enix had their president or whomever go on-stage at a Sony thing to be like "Final Fantasy 7 is coming to PS4" and the crowd started losing their minds (this was before the Remake was announced) because everyone thought the infamous PS3 tech demo was going to become real but they literally just meant the PS1 game was being ported

EDIT: here's the video

rmBQHoh.gif

Some game award predictions:

- Switch specific trailer for Hollow Knight: Silk Song with a vague winter/spring 2022 release window. Includes the reveal of official Hollow Knight Amiibos.

- If Kirby is releasing by end of March - A new story-oriented trailer for Kirby and the Forgotten Land with a possible release date of March 25th.

- With the Metroid Dread nomination- perhaps a very slight CG teaser for Metroid Prime 4, that hints at some notable story thing. No release date/window given.

I just got the FF VII remake, I'm going to play it in 2022. Really wondering what I'm going to play.

FF VII is not my favourite classic in the series, but I can't deny it was one crazy ride.

I still need to finish BDSP, and after that it's back to SMT V. I also wanna finish up Ratchet and Clank, too. Maybe get some more PS5 games. Maybe one of the Life Is Strange games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom