• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey Kloana hit half off. But should I just wait…
Also P4G is 20% off but I don’t think I have a need to grab it till I actually finish P3P
If Katamari Damacy and Mr Driller are any indication, it's gonna be 80% roughly 1.5 years after its release. Around this December, I think.

That reminds me, Namco is just soooo slow with these Encore releases. We're getting We Love Katamari just now. How long do I have to wait for Ace Combat 4-5-0 trilogy? Or The Nightmare of Druaga HD remaster?

If Katamari Damacy and Mr Driller are any indication, it's gonna be 80% roughly 1.5 years after its release. Around this December, I think.

That reminds me, Namco is just soooo slow with these Encore releases. We're getting We Love Katamari just now. How long do I have to wait for Ace Combat 4-5-0 trilogy? Or The Nightmare of Druaga HD remaster?
Give me that ace combat collection for sure

Things start to go downhill after 5. Really, they should have ended after 6.
I haven’t seen them myself, but I know a decent number of people who actually think they get way better after 5 because they apparently stop bothering to try to be real movies and just lean hard into the ridiculous side.

Gonna try to beat the Shadow Queen either tonight or tomorrow.

Send me your strength.
2869993-hail.gif

Wow, more than Guardians 3?! The after release popularity of the first movie might actually pay off!

Edit: According to Deadline, this is actually the most interaction a superhero movie second trailer has gotten since No Way Home. Gigantic W.

Last edited:
Me reacting to something that is clearly not a “bit”:

“Is this a bit?”

Beat Bayonetta Origins yesterday, and I have to say - what a great game. Unique gameplay and super cool, superb art and soundtrack with great voice actors and just great vibes all around. Some minor gripes with the map but it's not bad.

People complain that Nintendo has been playing it safe lately, but when they fund stuff like this.. people dont buy it. Bah.
A bit sad it's not a commercial hit by the look of it, but I do hope the good WoM will at the very least help it push sales in the long run.

This is close to a 9/10 game for me. Will very likely be a top game for me for the year once 2023 is over
Very glad to hear this! I'm pretty excited to dive in after the back to back hype of Zelda and Pikmin simmers down by the end of summer. I'll totally pick it up on a sale.

Also, everyone should check their Amazon preorder for the TotK Collector's Edition if they nabbed one, as mine now looks to arrive May 16th :(

I'm going to be on vacation in the Outer Banks at that time and managed to have the CE mailed directly to the beach house, but if it's going to be 5 days late during the only time I have off from work each year, I also have a second CE preordered from Best Buy that I could have my friend grab from my NY apartment before joining me on vacation, and then I could start playing on the 13th and return the Amazon CE after vacay :)

Yes, I take my Zelda very seriously lmao

Realized with my backlog I may as well wait for the full Final Fantasy pixel remaster bundle to go on sale since it’s the better start deal in the first place. Got plenty to work on and I want them all even if the original is what I’m after first.

Real question is what goes on sale first: Theatrhythm Final Bar Line premium or FF Pixel remaster

Can't believe the day was so crazy that I missed out on all the Dieselposting in General

but rest assured I read through all of it like:

bfbcce979f19b032a35afba3d69abd2a2dd756ea.gif

Fired up the Wii U tonight because I finally picked up a copy of Smooth Moves and first thought was “wow I can’t believe you skipped this at launch” and second thought was “huh, did they decide very late in development of the system to support 16:9 aspect ratio or something?”.

Because seriously, it’s really jarring how the mini-game collections like WarioWare and Mario Party 8 both launched locked to 4:3 but most other games were not. And that really makes me wonder if Nintendo was caught off guard by HDTV adoption when they were planning the Wii.

I almost beat the boss I’ve been stuck on this last month in Labyrinth of Galleria. Might still have some grinding to do.

I was looking up movie times at my local theater and noticed they are actually airing Suzume. I kind of want to see this, but know no one that is interested. I might actually just go alone and make it a double show of this and the Mario movie this Friday.

that post above me lmao, what are the odds

I was looking up movie times at my local theater and noticed they are actually airing Suzume. I kind of want to see this, but know no one that is interested. I might actually just go alone and make it a double show of this and the Mario movie this Friday.

that post above me lmao, what are the odds
Suzume doesn't open until next week, at least in the US. Just a heads up.

Wow, more than Guardians 3?! The after release popularity of the first movie might actually pay off!

Edit: According to Deadline, this is actually the most interaction a superhero movie second trailer has gotten since No Way Home. Gigantic W.

Spider-Verse always struck me as a film with a huge and engaged online fandom and comparatively less penetration with mainstream audiences (Far From Home made more money domestically than Spider-Verse did worldwide). Obviously the movie was successful and it's one of my favorite films in general, but I am curious how the sequel will fare in comparison.

Lately I've been suffering from headaches and nausea when playing 3D games, something that had never happened to me before and has the potential of ruining a big part of my life :(

Now I don't know if it's just me getting old, or if it's because the last two 3D games I've played and experienced this were Metroid Prime and Kingdom Hearts, both of which coincidentally have very small fields of view. I remember having no problems playing KH before when I was 15, though.

Lately I've been suffering from headaches and nausea when playing 3D games, something that had never happened to me before and has the potential of ruining a big part of my life :(

Now I don't know if it's just me getting old, or if it's because the last two 3D games I've played and experienced this were Metroid Prime and Kingdom Hearts, both of which coincidentally have very small fields of view. I remember having no problems playing KH before when I was 15, though.

Allow me to get personal ... how old are you, and do you have to wear glasses for shortsight?

Stuff like this can be an extreme symptom of overstrained eyes.

The CMA posted the responses from Sony and MS about the lastest stuff in the Acti-aquisition today. What can be said .... Sony's mad.

No one can stop me from playing Vampire Survivors all damn afternoon.

Takes out radio

Yes, turn of the energy in MissinNo.'s home region.

Puts radio away

Imagine putting out a 90 minute advertisement for Mario this week and not having an accessible way to play Super Mario Galaxy on the market

Yeah, if it's affordable/easy where you are, I would get an eye test. Headaches can easily be caused by eyestrain, so something might be going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom