• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monolith Soft are such a massive asset to Nintendo not just cos they make great games, (though they do) or because they help with EPD's games, (though they do that too) but because their games are so different from what EPD make that it makes for a refreshing change of pace.
Stylistically, the two be like
57d52wj1wcr51.jpg

It's also why the early Mario RPGs were so great, they were pretty much all 15-25 hours. Then for some reason it was decided Dream Team needed to be 40.
I completely forgot how bloated Dream Team was. I still liked it for the most part but I guess that explains why I never replayed it, unlike Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is also one of my favourites and that is only 15h long according to HowLongToBeat.

I’m so stupidly extremely excited for the previews, whether or not they drop today.

Was planning on media blackout after trailer 3.

But nah.

I’m so stupidly extremely excited for the previews, whether or not they drop today.

Was planning on media blackout after trailer 3.

But nah.

It's okay, the previews appear to have been done in a preview event at the various Nintendo HQs, so they're prolly not going to be too spoiler-y.

Also, they're the perfect way to ignite hype even more*, now that the last trailer hype cools down a bit after two weeks. ^^

(*That's how it should be at least, and the game doesn't end up a dud. Though i highly doubt that.)

Watching you all gush about Future Redeemed like a street urchin in a Dickens novel with their nose pressed up against the window. One of these days I'll get around to trying the series again...

II has more story but a somewhat divisive and unintuitive leveling system
It's not really that unintuitive these days since there's more games out there that use a similar system. It's not much different than SaGa, Elder Scrolls, and Quest for Glory: do the things you want to get better at.

It could be either Pikmin 4, TOTK, Switch 2, a random Nintendo game shadowdrop reveal, or something unrelated to Nintendo.
Who knows?
Could be a new Five Nights At Freddy's game 😂

Some of those old Sierra games really had great VA. John Rhys Davies did the narration for Quest for Glory 4 and it was great.

And there's a TON of it, too! Both are examples of some pretty decent early VA that isn't terrible or 'so bad it's good' (not that it's amazing or anything by today's standards)
Yea, there's some good stuff once you get past a certain point in their catalog. Early stuff like King's Quest V and Dagger of Amon-Ra are pretty bad, but I think all the voices in the early "talkie" games were just random developers and designers who were up for the job.

Also, I still love Neil Ross (the narrator of the Mass Effect lore books) as the narrator in the Larry games. He was perfectly dry and sarcastic which worked well when poking fun at the protagonist.

Localize Segagaga you cowards!

Maybe if ReDraketed it powerful enough for Acti, but current Switch is out of luck.

Current Switch was probably not going to get it anyways unless it was a cloud version. This year's COD is already well into development and probably too late to add more systems to develop for. By the end of 2024 when the next gets shoved out, there's a likely chance that a new Switch on the market.

Wonder if COD will still be coming to the Switch….
Honestly, if it won't, getting Diablo and Crash back is a good trade. MS sure wouldn't release Diablo 4 on the successor if the acquisition went through. They apparently blocked Double Fine games on Switch despite all of them being also on Playstation.

But I think it will.

Final Fantasy VI

I just arrived in the Empire after the opera. I must say it took me some time to get used to after playing Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. The random fast-paced battles (and high encounter rate) is a quite the contrast. Right now I can say I am starting to love it, but I still wish the random encounters were not so damn high.

Final Fantasy VI

I just arrived in the Empire after the opera. I must say it took me some time to get used to after playing Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. The random fast-paced battles (and high encounter rate) is a quite the contrast. Right now I can say I am starting to love it, but I still wish the random encounters were not so damn high.
Can you not lessen the rate in the pixel remasters? Or is it just an “on/off” switch?

I don't know, I'm playing the version on SNES Mini.

Would be great if that's possible, that means I'll be playing the pixel remaster version of the other games.
Oh ok. Just thought maybe it was the pixel versions since they came out. Yeah, the older games have some ridiculous encounter rates.

LOL the Activision employee with the aggressively exaggerated takes re: the merger is back.

The embed cut a chunk of the tweet off but it says:
This report is also a disservice to UK citizens, who face increasingly dire economic prospects, and we will need to reassess our growth strategy in the UK.

Global innovators large and small will take note that - despite all its rhetoric - the UK is closed for business.

Government blocking massive corporate consolidation = we must now punish an entire nation by denying them jobs

WHo do you want the Seahawks to take at 5? Jalen Carter? QB? Trade?
Defensive line. Now I wouldn’t mind a trade down if it’s go say the raiders or the titans and get another high pick for it. I think Carter isn’t as big a risk as is being made out but I obviously don’t have the inside info. Part of me also thinks we won’t have a top 5 pick for a while and getting a QB with that talent level is hard. All this to say I will be happy with whatever since we also have 20 and Denver’s 2nd rounder

My brain is shortcircuit-ing at all the possibilities...

And these previews/impressions are from just 2 hours worth of gameplay

bryan-cranston-why-him.gif
Remember when we thought BOTW was all just the Great Plateau and then once you played it you realized it was massive. That’s the vibe from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom