• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda just dawned on me that this game is basically DnD and my narration makes me the DM.

ScreenShot00309.png

I guess that's what CRPGs used to be in general
This has big "dumb King's Quest death message" energy and I love it

How come Link can stick random stuff together to make crazy machines and everyone loves it, but when I do it I'm "out of my mind" and "need to leave the hardware store."
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Kinda just dawned on me that this game is basically DnD and my narration makes me the DM.

ScreenShot00309.png

I guess that's what CRPGs used to be in general
But how far off track/crazy divergent from plot can they get? Can they kill a major npc and trigger a bad ending?(kind of wish more games did this, albeit with easy save recovery)

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Please keep us posted. I can never have enough anime romcoms in my life.

Also please direct yourself to this thread:

How come Link can stick random stuff together to make crazy machines and everyone loves it, but when I do it I'm "out of my mind" and "need to leave the hardware store."
That's because Link murders, or threatens to murder, everyone that would complain. You can see it in his cold, merciless eyes.

One time, I came up with the genius idea of opening up a tea bag and dumping its contents in with my coffee grounds. A new beverage! Cea, or toffee.

Terrible idea. I realized after the first sip why people don't do that. Never again.

One time, I came up with the genius idea of opening up a tea bag and dumping its contents in with my coffee grounds. A new beverage! Cea, or toffee.

Terrible idea. I realized after the first sip why people don't do that. Never again.
I once dunked a pizza roll in Guinness just to prove a point.

Don't do that.

That actually sounds like it'd be less nasty than what I did, at least! I'd eat a pizza roll dipped in Guinness. Maybe even a few.
Nonononono you're not listening to what I'm saying.

Don't do it, I said. Not a few, none.

Guinness and grease is.. uh.. not very awesome
it's like the exact opposite in fact

But how far off track/crazy divergent from plot can they get? Can they kill a major npc and trigger a bad ending?(kind of wish more games did this, albeit with easy save recovery)
Any non-human npc can be killed but it won't really trigger another ending, just make progression slightly different.

The grand finale of the Xenoblade trilogy is out in less than 24 hours, how am I supposed to handle this lmao

I've also been replaying it (or rather playing through P5R for the first time) but I take it pretty slow and play it in the background, go through a dungeon a month or so. On replays I feel less urgency to play through the game in a timely manner.
Yeah, I'm also playing Royal for the first time! It's just so addicting, haha.

If anyone here feels like giving me insane amounts of money to play videogames at home, let me know. I feel like having a job is directly impacting on my ability to finish off my backlog, also playing other games.

If anyone here feels like giving me insane amounts of money to play videogames at home, let me know. I feel like having a job is directly impacting on my ability to finish off my backlog, also playing other games.

That is hard mode. Wanna play Ultra-Nightmare? Add a family to the job.

The never-ending cycle of irony:

Back in school, enough time to play everything, but no money.
Today, all the money, but even less time than money back then.

That is hard mode. Wanna play Ultra-Nightmare? Add a family to the job.

The never-ending cycle of irony:

Back in school, enough time to play everything, but no money.
Today, all the money, but even less time than money back then.
;_; (at least family is not something on my mind right now, so I'll keep the hard mode. With the addendum that my gf does not enjoy videogames that much, so on my free time, if I'm with her I'm not playing)

Ok. I tried ai chat today and one thing i asked was to tell me a story about Nintedo saving the world from aliens and this is the plot.

It was the year 2025, and the world was being invaded by a mysterious alien race. The aliens were equipped with advanced weaponry, and they were quickly destroying everything in their path. Governments and militaries were helpless, and it seemed like nothing could stop them.

That's when Nintendo stepped in. The company had been experimenting with cutting-edge technology for years, and they decided to use it to defend the world against the alien invasion.

Nintendo had developed a series of high-tech consoles that could be used as weapons against the aliens. These consoles could project powerful force fields, shoot laser beams, and even control the alien ships. Nintendo quickly became humanity's last hope.

The Nintendo forces were led by a small group of elite soldiers who had been trained in the use of the consoles. They were known as the "Switch Squad," and they were tasked with taking down the alien mothership.

The Switch Squad embarked on a dangerous mission to infiltrate the mothership, battle their way through the alien soldiers, and destroy the ship's main engine.

They fought their way through the ship's defenses using their Nintendo consoles, unleashing powerful attacks and utilizing every trick they had learned. They were skilled pilots and expert marksmen, but most importantly, they were Nintendo gamers.

After a fierce battle, the Switch Squad finally reached the mothership's engine room. They planted the explosives and barely made it out in time. The explosion was so massive that it obliterated the entire ship and blasted the surviving alien forces back.

Nintendo had saved the world from the alien invasion. They had proven that gaming technology could be used for good, and that anything was possible with enough imagination and creativity.

The world celebrated Nintendo's victory, and they became a symbol of hope and inspiration for generations to come. The Switch Squad, along with Nintendo's incredible gaming technology, had saved humanity from certain doom.

If it's at Bunnings, it's because of The Incident and I deeply apologize

GDC 2024, "Making of TotK"-Talk:

Attendee 1: "How did you create the sets of limits for Fuse and Ultrahand?"

Fujibayashi: "A good question. Well, you can see, we created the whole systems that Fuse and Ultrahand use around the 'Bunnings hologram accords'. These documents gave us foolproof limitations for Fuse and Ultrahand."

GDC 2024, "Making of TotK"-Talk:

Attendee 1: "How did you create the sets of limits for Fuse and Ultrahand?"

Fujibayashi: "A good question. Well, you can see, we created the whole systems that Fuse and Ultrahand use around the 'Bunnings hologram accords'. These documents gave us foolproof limitations for Fuse and Ultrahand."
Totktalk

So (at least in Brazil) Nintendo is hosting a more gold coins for buying Mario games event. But the eShop does not accept my credit card, do you know if I buy the game code from a official reseller if it will give the same amount of gold coins? Or it is only available for buying the game directly at the eShop?

Any non-human npc can be killed but it won't really trigger another ending, just make progression slightly different.
If I was evil I’d do a couple humans that you could kill that would trigger an instant game over with an ending scrawl. Someone inherently unlikely, someone in a dangerous area that’s easy to accidentally hit with an area attack if you’re used to invincible human npcs, and a character you’d never want/think to kill for laughs

If I was evil I’d do a couple humans that you could kill that would trigger an instant game over with an ending scrawl. Someone inherently unlikely, someone in a dangerous area that’s easy to accidentally hit with an area attack if you’re used to invincible human npcs, and a character you’d never want/think to kill for laughs
We'll see. All of the non-enemy humans so far in what I'm doing live in houses which are just interaction windows, I don't really have many any good human meshes to use to have people walking about.

Not the kind of game I'm going for I guess.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

This is an interesting read after seeing some of the bizarre “Link should talk!” comments that pop up whenever a new Zelda game is on the horizon.

I'm not expecting a package in the mail, the mailman comes before the sun rises.
I am expecting a package in the mail, the mailman comes after the sun sets.
Clockwork.

Twitter seems to be having some minor malfunctions which resulted in this:

b9365e4f510fb09e51e4222f85780ff73f5abac3.pnj

We're finally free.
This actually supports my personal theory that Nintendo did in fact go out of business shortly after the Gamecube bombed and that the past 17 years or so have been a shared delusion by Nintendo fans that never learned to let go. This would explain all sorts of bizarre things that have occurred since (i.e. they only actually exist in our heads), like for example the Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, mini consoles, the return of G&W, Labo, Ring Fit Adventure, Mario Kart Live, Amiibo, and the Switch.

This actually supports my personal theory that Nintendo did in fact go out of business shortly after the Gamecube bombed and that the past 17 years or so have been a shared delusion by Nintendo fans that never learned to let go. This would explain all sorts of bizarre things that have occurred since (i.e. they only actually exist in our heads), like for example the Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, mini consoles, the return of G&W, Labo, Ring Fit Adventure, Mario Kart Live, Amiibo, and the Switch.

7jfwwd.jpg

This is an interesting read after seeing some of the bizarre “Link should talk!” comments that pop up whenever a new Zelda game is on the horizon.

Thanks for posting this, was a nice read. And even though I doubt it's the final word on the matter, I found it quite insightful.

People generally underestimate how difficult localization is, especially if you translate from a culture that is vastly different from the target language. That's not to say that bad localizations don't exist, they obviously do. Hell, there's even great localizations that take creative liberties which end up causing issues later on like Alexander O. Smith's work on the original Ace Attorney trilogy. But people don't seem to realize how much meaning is lost in those literal translations they champion and how that is explicitly not a good representation of the original writer's intent. Can't help but feel that some of the most fervent criticism comes from people who don't speak a lick of Japanese beyond the few expressions they picked up from anime.

Expect a visit from some ninjas.... You know too much

So this is why people always felt like Nintendo was doomed...

Does anybody have any thought on when the Nintendo Live 2023 Seattle is likely to be? like the approximate dates?
I know it will be sometime in September but.... why not just let us know? They must've confirmed the dates already.
Every time when there's a Nintendo related event, they are so secretive about the dates which is keep screwing my vacation plans up.
I am actually concerned that they may reveal the dates during the June Direct... it is so hard to wait for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom