• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if I bring down the mood here, but I realy need to vent after this past weekend.
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I’m housesitting next week… except I started Nier replicant , have advance wars coming and wanted to do the republic commando trial
I was actually thinking of getting Advance Wars but now they announced the dlc I am not going to have time. Hopefully it won't be hard to find physical later. I probably won't have time for republic commando trial either.

I wonder if DLC hasn't been too successful for Nintendo. Or at least, if the marketing of it hasn't been too useful in terms of contributing to sales

Fell Xenologue and now Future Redeemed seem like they've been pretty unceremoniously compared to Cindered Shadows and Torna.

I wonder if DLC hasn't been too successful for Nintendo. Or at least, if the marketing of it hasn't been too useful in terms of contributing to sales

Fell Xenologue and now Future Redeemed seem like they've been pretty unceremoniously compared to Cindered Shadows and Torna.
Would be a shame if so, Nintendo’s paid DLC was pretty much all awesome after BotW.

I suspect the multiplayer ones like Smash and Mario Kart did great though.

But these essentially mini single player games we’ve gotten with Splatoon and the Xenoblade games have been such treats.

———————

Anyways our big Mario june release is definitely BCP5 at this point 🤪

Oh good! Because between having at least half of Chained Echoes still to do, Octopath Traveler 2 unopened, the Advance Wars remakes downloaded and ready to play, new Zelda next month, the first six Final Fantasy games arriving as an import copy in June, and Pikmin 4 in July, an Indie World is exactly what I needed.

not gonna lie I'm actually stoked because the last one brought me A Space for the Unbound which was excellent
+ Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed

Ffs

DLC for single player games seems to be going a bit out of style it seems, I wonder if it's only hardest of hardcore fans for each game buying them these days. There's so much competition for attention now, particularly with the GAAS multiplayer games, and that's not taking into account player burnout. Take Xenoblade 3 for example. I really liked it, but I put in over 100 hours into it, so while I'm eager to jump in for the new story DLC, I'm not really ready for it yet. It's like I've just eaten a big juicy steak, and then ten minutes later the waiter has come back with another. Like, I still want it, just not right now.

I think the most interesting thing about the Xenoblade 3 DLC almost shadowdropping is that's another thing scratched off the list of things Nintendo could have released past Pikmin 4. Beyond that, it's beginning to look like an almost clean slate.

most interesting thing about the Xenoblade 3 DLC almost shadowdropping is that's another thing scratched off the list of things Nintendo could have released past Pikmin 4
Really good point. Definitely seems like Nintendo is holding a lot of their second half cards close to their chest.

I'm sorry if I bring down the mood here, but I realy need to vent after this past weekend.
Well wishes to your family.

Other Nintendo systems at the start of year 7: Dead or dying

Switch at the start of year 7:
359087786_8fb025c4a0_z.jpg

Last edited:
Allmighty gods ... with the amount of games/DLC content that came out recently and are coming out within the next three weeks ... i wouldn't need one clone of me to tackle it all in a timely manner.

Dear Lucasfilms, could you kindly share the secret of Kaminoan cloning tech with me, i promise i stop at three.

Nintendo is either blowing the lid off our expectations come June or it will be the biggest dry spell of the Switch era lol.

Feels like they miiiiiiiiiiiight have something ... bigger ... for the holidays after all, huh?

+ Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed

Ffs

Nintendo heard you and thought "Wow, this guy still has time to sleep and eat ... let's drop some more stuff!". I blame you.

Jokingly.

Maybe.

Yes, jokingly.

XBC 3 news plus a work meeting to start the day meant I completely missed the NSO Mega Drive update. Pulseman is a good addition and there's finally a Street Fighter game available. Neat.

Random GB drop next week to close out the month, please.

Same, reveal this September.

I'm actually still holding hope for a holiday 2023 release. But if they reveal it in 2023 for a 2024 release, expect it to be done after the main chunk of holiday sales have been made around end of November.

But let's not start this topic in here when there's a dedicated thread for. ^^

Ngl feels like I've been spoiled a ton with that new Xenoblade 3 DLC reveal :(

Guess I should play that game sooner rather than later. Need to finish Torna soon if that's gonna be the case.

I want to play the Xeno3 DLC but at the same time, thank god I did not get it yet.... I'd never finish it before Zelda arrives. And after that it will be Zelda time all the time!

E:

Looks like it's Advance Wars reviews time.

That's a pretty weird way to write Camelot developed Frisbee Golf game with most the characters, modes and stages being released along 12 months.

Funny description for the Fortnite Season where all Xenoblade characters are being added by mediocre to bad looking in-game models and fighting a Battle Royale with awkward real-life weapons.

Funny description for the Fortnite Season where all Xenoblade characters are being added by mediocre to bad looking in-game models and fighting a Battle Royale with awkward real-life weapons.
You'd think that, but actually it's a great way to indicate a Balan Wonderworld Xenoblade themed remake (and that's why Sega is trying to make the original one disappear).

Might I recommend:

Xenoblade X
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD
Kid Icarus Uprising
Metroid Prime 2 and 3
Pushmo

No, these aren't games I want ported to Switch right after you have finished them. Just some friendly recommendations that I think you should play.
Might wanna wait to see if it works for the Oracle games. Could have the opposite effect instead...

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I was already thinking of getting Labyrinth of Zangetsu, its 10% off before release tomorrow. But I was wondering if any outlet would have review the game and it seems not. Oh well, I am finishing the Engage Xenologue so I'll jump in after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom