• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
The June slot is still wide open for something huge like a Switch 2 reveal. I thought this Dlc would be there, but clearly not lol
Okay, this is gonna sound completely crazy but hear me out.

Mario Movie will be released on the e-shop and get a physical cartridge release. Digital extras included.

Thinking of bumping my June speculation thread in light of recent events. Extremely hyped Wave 4 for Xenoblade is so soon and I have an open gaming schedule to enjoy it. Will carry me to Zelda.

Edit: I bumped my old thread!

Last edited:
This is honestly like 2 announcements, lol. And people acting like this proves Switch 2 getting announced in June. That may be true but a DLC tweet and an NSO update for Genesis (which always launches immediately upon announcement) isn’t an indication of anything major.

Nintendo is REALLY trying to get everything out of the way so that they can concentrate on Zelda lmao

Can't wait for Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 5 to be announced and released at midnight tonight because Nintendo doesn't want to overshadow Zelda

Clearing the decks in advance of the June Directly obviously

Nintendo wants everything out already lol.

Is pikmin the last thing they have with a date?
Yea, Pikmin is the only thing left after TotK... that we currently know of

Nintendo clearing the calendar since the entire rest of the year post-Pikmin will be dedicated to METROID PRIME 4 babyyyyyy

I can't see Nintendo dropping stuff like Prime Remastered, Advance Wars, and Future Redeemed in the first half of the year if the back end was gonna be left empty. These are the sorts of things you'd hang onto if you knew you had a prolonged dry spell on the way.

I can't see Nintendo dropping stuff like Prime Remastered, Advance Wars, and Future Redeemed in the first half of the year if the back end was gonna be left empty. These are the sorts of things you'd hang onto if you knew you had a prolonged dry spell on the way.
praying for a June Direct that gives me a new Mario Party

Yeah, like... even if it's not a big standout second half, I have a hard time believing they'd load up pre-June this hard if it was going to be very light. Something has to be up. June Direct seems way more likely now.

Me an hour ago: Zelda comes out in a month. That's a long time away. Should be plenty of time to complete some of my backlog.
Me now: Zelda comes out in only a month. That's not enough fucking time!

Me an hour ago: Zelda comes out in a month. That's a long time away. Should be plenty of time to complete some of my backlog.
Me now: Zelda comes out in only a month. That's not enough fucking time!

The world was a lot different an hour ago.

Nintendo really wants everything out.

Funniest thing they can do now is say Pikmin 4 release date has been bumped up to June lol

Yeah, like... even if it's not a big standout second half, I have a hard time believing they'd load up pre-June this hard if it was going to be very light. Something has to be up. June Direct seems way more likely now.
I feel like this happened last year or the year before too. Like there was a dearth of announcements and then a barrage of Twitter announcements and then the Direct which fleshed out the back half of the year.

I suspect this MP shadow drop worked well for them and they want to do more. Maybe we'll get more high caliber shadow drops for June and September Directs who knows. F-Zero was rumored wasn't it. That could be an interesting shadow drop for the september. Serve them while they're still hot, you won't get any bigger hype than a Direct reveal.

I feel like this happened last year or the year before too. Like there was a dearth of announcements and then a barrage of Twitter announcements and then the Direct which fleshed out the back half of the year.
It usually does to some degree, I guess the main different this year is that we're at the point that we know almost every single thing that's been announced sans Prime 4. So the June Direct is often more setting firm release dates for games we already know about plus a few surprises (like Dread). But this year, we know... nothing? So that's extra fun.

2023 is going to be a fascinating year to look back on once it's done. We started the year with rumors that Nintendo has an uneventful second half with nothing to really sell at E3 (which then got cancelled, of course) and that they'd cancelled some kind of hardware revision planned for this year. Meanwhile, Nintendo is releasing something in 2023 every one or two weeks, be that NSO additions, DLC, or a game. My sense, like others', is that the first half of 2023 is surprisingly dense so far, and it'll be on 1/1/24 when what feels like a frantic pace right now will either make sense or be a source of confusion.

Oh thank god, it looks like I only have two more chapters left in Fire Emblem Engage so I should be able to wrap that game up this week.

it will be the biggest dry spell of the Switch era lol.
Bring on the desert, Nintendo.

The roving bands of fans will try to squeeze water out of rocks. They will latch on to rumors propagated by false prophets. “Fear not! Content is coming!” they will say. “Just sit tight and play through TotK.”

And as the months drag on with nary a twitter, when even the most stalwart of hearts have begun to waver, I shall gleefully stoke the fires of madness. Whispers of Switch 2, of new 2D Mario, of F-Zero Remaster, of Silksong will be offered like scraps of food to beggars. And I will enjoy watching them squirm.

Seriously, though, with how dense the first half of 2023 is, there’s no way the second half is gonna be empty. They even decided to release Advance Wars and MP Remastered earlier rather than later in the year, which suggests they have other things in store.

TUESDAY NIGHT IS THE BEST

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

So I managed to consolidate my second to last level and my last level together, just leaving a relatively small and straightforward final level and several set piece levels for my wacky anime style ending.

Game might be content complete within a couple months, as long as TotK doesn't consume all of my free time for that period.

Development is also so, so much faster and easier on my new PC, what used to take 20-45 minutes of downtime is instantaneous now.

58 shrines into BOTW. Two more and I will do 2 beasts, then do 20 more shrines and then finish the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom