• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Origins Digital Deluxe went on sale at like half off really quickly, so I think that was Sega kinda realizing their error and trying to correct it. $40 for a physical release (with a little artbook!) of the complete edition sounds more like what it shoulda been to begin with, with the digital deluxe version being the only digital version (seriously the stuff they held back as "DLC" was bullshit) and being priced at more like $30.

But I'm not Sega. I don't have the numbers on which approach worked better for them. 😅
I think what would have been a nice gesture is giving people who purchased the game already access to the DLC for free, like what's been happening with Sonic Frontiers. Instead, I have to pay extra for a pack of content that includes stuff I already paid extra for while physical owners get all the bonuses for no extra charge. Heck, they're also getting the reversible cover and art book! At least Mania and the Plus DLC purchased digitally ended up cheaper than the physical copy, and there was no "Digital Deluxe" stuff to worry about.

So the error is "corrected" in a way that leaves me feeling kinda burned. Amy looks cool, but the whole thing makes me wonder why I got the game at launch in the first place (and makes me happy that I waited on Frontiers).

I think what would have been a nice gesture is giving people who purchased the game already access to the DLC for free, like what's been happening with Sonic Frontiers. Instead, I have to pay extra for a pack of content that includes stuff I already paid extra for while physical owners get all the bonuses for no extra charge. Heck, they're also getting the reversible cover and art book! At least Mania and the Plus DLC purchased digitally ended up cheaper than the physical copy, and there was no "Digital Deluxe" stuff to worry about.

So the error is "corrected" in a way that leaves me feeling kinda burned. Amy looks cool, but the whole thing makes me wonder why I got the game at launch in the first place (and makes me happy that I waited on Frontiers).
Yeah I agree, I mean that big sale was the attempted "correction" but obviously it didn't stay forever, and I 100% agree the game's finishing features shoulda been given rather than sold.

But... Sega. I can't believe the same company is treating Origins this way while giving out DLC for Frontiers for free.

I love how iOS detects people's faces in my photos and automatically groups them which is why I got an album of myself, one of my girlfriend, one of my brother and one of Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos.

I love how iOS detects people's faces in my photos and automatically groups them which is why I got an album of myself, one of my girlfriend, one of my brother and one of Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos.
Same. Love it. I have me, my wife, my daughter, my son, and my son's four clones.

Watching it try to detect and group the faces of anime characters is the funniest shit. My phone thinks Eunie, Noah, Alm, Celica and Bradamante from Fate/Grand Order are all the same person.

Watching it try to detect and group the faces of anime characters is the funniest shit. My phone thinks Eunie, Noah, Alm, Celica and Bradamante from Fate/Grand Order are all the same person.
damn, iOS has some pretty harsh standards for same face!

LTT got hacked what?!
must have been Nintendo ninjas for that video they made last year

2uVA8j8.jpg

I hate the first nice day of Spring because every idiot driver decides to come out of their cave to spend time getting into accidents on the highway.
We had our one nice day in the PNW for the next two months and you would have thought the world was ending with the traffic getting into and out of the cities.

Lmao I never checked that feature before but OBVIOUSLY

IMG-8875.jpg

Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) criticized Sony Interactive Entertainment's "monopoly" control of the high-end gaming market during a hearing Thursday and called on U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai to press Japan on the issue during ongoing trade talks.

"I'm told that Sony controls a monopoly of 98% of the high-end game market, yet Japan's government has allowed Sony to engage in blatant anti-competitive conduct through exclusive deals and payments to game publishers," Cantwell said during a Senate Finance Committee hearing.

Cantwell noted that Japan's Fair Trade Commission has "failed to investigate these exclusionary conducts" before posing a question to Tai: "So what do you think we can do to [better] address these issues and create a level playing field with the [Indo-Pacific Economic Framework] on something as important as this issue?"
Tai declined to discuss Sony directly but noted that IPEF, an economic initiative that includes Japan and 12 others countries in the region, is expected to address both competition and digital issues. "That is absolutely an area that we are primed to address," Tai said. "This one is new for me, but let me take this back."

mariacantwell.PNG

Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) criticized Sony Interactive Entertainment's "monopoly" control of the high-end gaming market during a hearing Thursday and called on U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai to press Japan on the issue during ongoing trade talks.

"I'm told that Sony controls a monopoly of 98% of the high-end game market, yet Japan's government has allowed Sony to engage in blatant anti-competitive conduct through exclusive deals and payments to game publishers," Cantwell said during a Senate Finance Committee hearing.

Cantwell noted that Japan's Fair Trade Commission has "failed to investigate these exclusionary conducts" before posing a question to Tai: "So what do you think we can do to [better] address these issues and create a level playing field with the [Indo-Pacific Economic Framework] on something as important as this issue?"
Tai declined to discuss Sony directly but noted that IPEF, an economic initiative that includes Japan and 12 others countries in the region, is expected to address both competition and digital issues. "That is absolutely an area that we are primed to address," Tai said. "This one is new for me, but let me take this back."

mariacantwell.PNG
lmfaooo shameless

edit: as a lowly yuropeein' I'm only now finding out how these contributions work. funny system you got over there.

Last edited:
lmfaooo shameless

edit: as a lowly yuropeein' I'm only now finding out how these contributions work. funny system you got over there.
It's why that board DeSantis appointed to "take down woke Disney" is no big deal, because Disney can just pay those politicians off with a cool million here and there.

mariacantwell.PNG
That’s my senator. An absolute complete misunderstanding of the gaming space, especially Japan where Sony doesn’t have dominance. This would also be bad for Washington since Sony has a big presence here with Sucker Punch and Bungie (and by bad I mean if she was trying to unduly help Microsoft and American companies in the space at expense of others). And I guess Valve doesn’t count, which also is Bellevue. Obviously the lobbying arm of Microsoft has her ear.

xenoblade noob here, is it possible to dodge attacks? or like is it just target, attack, heal etc. hit me with the all the details for pawning the bad guys or if there’s a easy to digest guide that you know of pls let me know! muchas gracias in advance

mariacantwell.PNG
I guess she uh…CAN’T make arguments WELL.

(I am so sorry.)

xenoblade noob here, is it possible to dodge attacks? or like is it just target, attack, heal etc. hit me with the all the details for pawning the bad guys or if there’s a easy to digest guide that you know of pls let me know! muchas gracias in advance
There's a dodge percentage based on your agility stat, so you can dodge attacks that way. If you mean like, dodge attacks as in a more action-game dodge-roll button type thing then no, you can't.

Unless a special move has an expressly spelled out evade property, like one of the martial artist moves in Xenoblade 3, you can't dodge in Xenoblade.

Wouldn't you need artificial intelligence for this? Because if your posts don't show intelligence then you'd want them to.

Not if your posts are so bad that anything with intelligence won't be able to replicate them. And who said I want my posts to be srmat?

I went to dust off my PS4 yesterday to start my replay of the Kingdom Hearts franchise so I can finally catch up with 3, but ended up frying my only controller by charging it with my phone charger, which is apparently a big no no.

I had no idea about that and avoided doing it for 7 years by pure luck. The situation still feels a bit ridiculous, especially since I only used the charger because the USB ports on the PS4 never work properly and keep disconnecting all the time. The controller still works during the two seconds it stays on (the battery is depleted), but it won't charge at all. I ordered a new battery yesterday and I hope it will fix the problem, I really don't want to shell out the equivalent of a new Switch game on a new controller just because of a stupid thing like that, especially now that there are so few PS4 games I still need to play.

Don't use your phone charger to charge your controllers, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom