• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST18 March 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
there’s also the leaked art book to consider…nothing is safe, not even fami
The art book leak is a shame but isn't not that bad, developers know you will likely open it before you start the game. Once the street date for the game is broken early May then the fun is over and it's time to go full dark till May 12th.

To my defense, it's been more than 25 years since i last read the books! ^^

But man, wouldn't it have been both super lame and kinda super awesome if the movies would've featured Gandalf and the 'Rog dishing out at each other on stairs for more than 5 minutes? ;D
On the other hand...

Mario_Endless_Stairs.gif

On the other hand...

Mario_Endless_Stairs.gif

I thought more like the stairs scene close to the final of the first Ghostbusters movie. But with fighting.

Gandalf and the 'Rog, both totally out of breath after going up those stairs for hours, dishing low effort hits at each other, with Gandalf asking himself how many stairs they still have to go.

I thought more like the stairs scene close to the final of the first Ghostbusters movie. But with fighting.

Gandalf and the 'Rog, both totally out of breath after going up those stairs for hours, dishing low effort hits at each other, with Gandalf asking himself how many stairs they still have to go.
Doesn't sound very endless in that case

Doesn't sound very endless in that case

Well, they did arrive at the top of the mountain eventually, so i'd guess that endless is for hyperbole.

Or it's really an impossible stair for anyone shorter than a human or elf. ;D

The art book leak is a shame but isn't not that bad, developers know you will likely open it before you start the game. Once the street date for the game is broken early May then the fun is over and it's time to go full dark till May 12th.
Developers are dead wrong. I own a few art books I haven’t even opened.

What's the likelihood that Tecmo Koei holds an eShop sale soon? I see that they did for 2022 and 2020 but I couldn't find anything for 2021.

I have a lot of Atelier to buy.

Edit: to be specific, they had sales in early April those years.

What's the likelihood that Tecmo Koei holds an eShop sale soon? I see that they did for 2022 and 2020 but I couldn't find anything for 2021.

I have a lot of Atelier to buy.

Edit: to be specific, they had sales in early April those years.
The Ryza games appeared to have been half off as recently as end of January according to deli deals. they aeem to have sales decently enough throughout the year. I could see a sale for the release for he third game this week though, so maybe Thursday

OK, Crash Team Rumble is finally getting its first true blowout!

I'm relieved it's not a F2P game ($30 for the standard edition, $40 for the deluxe edition, that comes with some cosmetics); but still.. no word on if it's digital-only... getting your pre-order right now, grants you access to the closed Beta in April (20-24); Game launched on the June 20th (as expected!)

-- gameplay loop seems fun and cathartic! But it's sounding like it will be just multiplayer at launch.. with an option to play against bots only; So I'm hoping at least the launch roster is vary enough to get me engaged; both the launch and shorterm post-launch planned support will be very important to me.

There will be cross-play though, which already helps in situations like this, at least! .. Wish everyone could had the game at the sametime, but as usual.. PC and Switch will naturally get it later. :\

There will be cross-play though, which already helps in situations like this, at least! .. Wish everyone could had the game at the sametime, but as usual.. PC and Switch will naturally get it later. :\
I get it that Toys for Bob don't do Switch development and probably leave the porting someone else, but this not being on Switch day 1 probably will kill its chances. There's already almost no buzz around the game and they skipping the platform where Crash 4 actually sold good for later. I'd wait for the Switch port to be done to have a simultaneous release if I were them.

I'll be honest, i'm more iffed by a shitty res/performance gif than i am about games doing that. Like, with games, i don't mind in most cases.

Still don't know how Gandalf and the 'Rog ended up outside, on the top of the fucking mountain, after basically falling for so long that they're closer to the planet core than even mole-people.

I want the deeds, Peter Jackson. I wanna know a reason other than "We wanted to have Gandalf channel lightning through his sword to kill it!".
Gandalf fought the Balrog for weeks from the bottom all the way to the top of the mountain. You'd have to read the books.

But man, wouldn't it have been both super lame and kinda super awesome if the movies would've featured Gandalf and the 'Rog dishing out at each other on stairs for more than 5 minutes? ;D
You mean make the movie longer? 😏

Ya know, Jackson did say there was a bunch still left on the cutting room floor after the Extended Editions were done, enough that if they wanted they could come back for an anniversary and make Extended Extended Editions. Maybe a stairwell fight is there somewhere in the pile.

This is the exact gif I was gonna respond with, well done. 🤣

...Except he does pay them, now. Mudslinging when it's not true isn't fair.
That’s what I thought. Yeah, that really isn’t fair. Dude lost a bunch of credibility and all of his employees, and frankly rightfully so. But bringing up old shit just for a dunk about him paying 4 dollars a month to play N64 games? Come on.

just downloaded the fifa 23 trial and can’t find anyone online, but that’s not the real issue, the real issue is that cristiano ronaldo is still in the manchester united squad even after updating team sheets, just goes to show how much effort ea have put into this version of the game…unless i’m missing something

Excitebike 64 is my guess.
Makes the most sense. I'm still baffled why Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 would be announced early if RBY (and GSC by extension) wouldn't be included with the GB app; if Game Freak is not releasing those games together in tandem I cannot possibly be convinced they have any sort of plan and have simply been stumbling around miraculously for nearly 35 years into mindnumbing success

Edit: sometimes I wonder why I ramble then hit post

Makes the most sense. I'm still baffled why Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 would be announced early if RBY (and GSC by extension) wouldn't be included with the GB app; if Game Freak is not releasing those games together in tandem I cannot possibly be convinced they have any sort of plan and have simply been stumbling around miraculously for nearly 35 years into mindnumbing success

Edit: sometimes I wonder why I ramble then hit post
tbh your ramble is not meritless

I think they added Pokemon Stadium 1+2 to that NSO N64 lineup to bolster the number of upcoming games because it was (and frankly still is) pretty slight. I still think Stadium 1 will come alongside RBY for GB, and the Stadium 2 will come alongside GSC later on (maybe a month or two later)

...Except he does pay them, now. Mudslinging when it's not true isn't fair.
That’s what I thought. Yeah, that really isn’t fair. Dude lost a bunch of credibility and all of his employees, and frankly rightfully so. But bringing up old shit just for a dunk about him paying 4 dollars a month to play N64 games? Come on.

Nah, dunking on someone who fostered an exploitative work environment until he was publicly called out is completely fair. This isn't something that happened a decade ago, it's only been two years since the story broke.

I think it's perfectly fine to continue to dunk on him for being slimy. It's not like this was 10 years ago or anything.

Nah, dunking on someone who fostered an exploitative work environment until he was publicly called out is completely fair. This isn't something that happened a decade ago, it's only been two years since the story broke.
… was it really only 2?? I genuinely thought it was like 5 haha

what even is time anymore!

tbh your ramble is not meritless

I think they added Pokemon Stadium 1+2 to that NSO N64 lineup to bolster the number of upcoming games because it was (and frankly still is) pretty slight. I still think Stadium 1 will come alongside RBY for GB, and the Stadium 2 will come alongside GSC later on (maybe a month or two later)
I think you're right that it does make sense to bolster the numbers; it's all just a long-winded rant to arrive at the point that I'm just tired of waiting for Smash Bros. I have no faith that the online is gonna be any more tolerable than SSBU, so I can't imagine why a ROM is being artificially held back if they're not specifically tweaking the online multiplayer with friends to be faster and more responsive (not to mention...where was this same effort for SSBU?), let alone why it wouldn't have been one of the more popular options to have been made available at launch of EP.

Same beef I had with Wii VC; it was probably one of the most hyped games I would have been looking forward to since the announcement of VC and yet it took more than 3 years to come out after the launch of Wii; and then it didn't even show up at all for Wii U natively.

I think you're right that it does make sense to bolster the numbers; it's all just a long-winded rant to arrive at the point that I'm just tired of waiting for Smash Bros. I have no faith that the online is gonna be any more tolerable than SSBU, so I can't imagine why a ROM is being artificially held back if they're not specifically tweaking the online multiplayer with friends to be faster and more responsive (not to mention...where was this same effort for SSBU?), let alone why it wouldn't have been one of the more popular options to have been made available at launch of EP.

Same beef I had with Wii VC; it was probably one of the most hyped games I would have been looking forward to since the announcement of VC and yet it took more than 3 years to come out after the launch of Wii; and then it didn't even show up at all for Wii U natively.
Do you want my hot spicy take? Nintendo’s unspoken stance is “if you’d like to play Super Smash Bros. on your Nintendo Switch system, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is in stores now!”

Same goes with どうぶつの森 (Animal Crossing) on the Japanese N64 app: I think they would rather sell you the modern one.

Do you want my hot spicy take? Nintendo’s unspoken stance is “if you’d like to play Super Smash Bros. on your Nintendo Switch system, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is in stores now!”

Same goes with どうぶつの森 (Animal Crossing) on the Japanese N64 app: I think they would rather sell you the modern one.
But that's what's so weird! The inconsistency! Arguably none of us should be surprised why the "Because Nintendo." argument continues to have relevance when expecting the worst from them, but why put Mario Party 1 and 2 on NSO when they can sell us a full price Mario Party Superstars? What benefits are there to Mario Kart 64 to NSO, a horrendously outdated game with bad balance when MK8D exists with more than 6 times the amount of courses offered when the booster course is all said and done? Mario Golf/Tennis? Yoshi? Kirby? Pokemon Snap?

It just makes no gosh darn sense

But that's what's so weird! The inconsistency! Arguably none of us should be surprised why the "Because Nintendo." argument continues to have relevance when expecting the worst from them, but why put Mario Party 1 and 2 on NSO when they can sell us a full price Mario Party Superstars? What benefits are there to Mario Kart 64 to NSO, a horrendously outdated game with bad balance when MK8D exists with more than 6 times the amount of courses offered when the booster course is all said and done? Mario Golf/Tennis? Yoshi? Kirby? Pokemon Snap?

Yeah I agree

Unless they’re saving Smash as the like, “final addition?” Which... I dunno, I get the impression there really isn’t THAT many more N64 games to add to the service, so maybe that’ll be sooner than expected.

My thought is that Smash Bros is like Earthbound. A game that Nintendo knows is hugely popular with their fanbase and so they can sit on it for as long as possible before announcing it in a Direct.

I don’t think it has anything to do with Ultimate.

Nintendo have maybe 30 to 40 easily accessible games to add to N64 NSO and are already in the low 20s. They're also potentially reducing the release schedule for N64 to every other month, now that GBA is on NSO.

Sadly that means some high profile things - like Smash - could well end up taking a long time to come out. It's not quite a direct analogy (because this game has shared ownership), but it took Nintendo two and a half years to get Earthbound onto SNES NSO.

It's because Nintendo gets off on withholding.

DFvtpAUWsAAtWKu.jpg

Yeah I agree

Unless they’re saving Smash as the like, “final addition?” Which... I dunno, I get the impression there really isn’t THAT many more N64 games to add to the service, so maybe that’ll be sooner than expected.
Smash being the "final" game of sorts would be disappointing. I get it could be seen as a "culmination" of sorts as the original celebration of Nintendo games, but like...I dunno, seems like a game THAT popular, you'd want at the forefront to get people to subscribe, rather than towards the end just to keep them.

Nintendo have maybe 30 to 40 easily accessible games to add to N64 NSO and are already in the low 20s. They're also potentially reducing the release schedule for N64 to every other month, now that GBA is on NSO.

Sadly that means some high profile things - like Smash - could well end up taking a long time to come out. It's not quite a direct analogy (because this game has shared ownership), but it took Nintendo two and a half years to get Earthbound onto SNES NSO.
Pain.

But also, I look to Earthbound and think of the shared ownership would mean that a good chunk of legwork is done already in terms of legalese contract nonsense that would get these games on the service by now.

I know I'm just whining at the end of the day that it doesn't amount to more than video games from two and a half decades ago that only have an inflated sense of worth because of nostalgia and I personally just gripe to get them to release, but damn...

It's because Nintendo gets off on withholding.

DFvtpAUWsAAtWKu.jpg
To be a Nintendo fan is to be a masochist. It is known.

People need to stop trying to understand Nintendo's NSO release schedule. You'll only hurt yourselves.
Too late 🙃

Cherry y el Demonio Perdido
As an ex-translator it always kill me when people translate proper nouns (though I understand the joke). The ammount of stuff I saw in contracts was amazing and all of them becoming void because of course, that's not their legal name

Probably one of like a dozen people who are playing it on the platform but man it's great to have Guilty Gear back on Xbox after so long.

Recently on an Easy Allies podcast, Huber lamented the fact that there’s no ghost house in Mario Odyssey.

What I appreciate with Sunshine, is that Sirena Beach kind of works as a version of a ghost house that is still coherent with the tropical island theme.

Manta Storm can go die in a fire though.

Recently on an Easy Allies podcast, Huber lamented the fact that there’s no ghost house in Mario Odyssey.

What I appreciate with Sunshine, is that Sirena Beach kind of works as a version of a ghost house that is still coherent with the tropical island theme.

Manta Storm can go die in a fire though.
I remain an unapologetic Super Mario Sunshine fan even after replaying the game via SM3DAS in spite of its flaws, but I agree that Manta Storm is hot bullshit and easily the worst part of the game. Arguably moreso than the Chucksters.

We have gone through this with all kinds of other games. Mario 64, Mario Tennis and Golf, Mario Party, etc. I don't think Nintendo cares about that at all.

But saving Smash Bros and such for a bit gives them a heavy hitter when they start running low on games.

It’s funny how people always say that Nintendo fans have low expectations and standards yet I’ve never seen a happy Nintendo fan.

It’s because Nintendo can’t even meet those heeeyoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom