• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST Oct. 2021|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch OLED seems really nice. It’s gonna be great to get all those same niceties on the Switch Deluxe next Fall.

So has everybody seen the OLED model teardowns? I think they're quite interesting; the extra width is largely to accommodate the hinges of the improved kickstand.

1633007988328-png.277764

Candidly, all of the coverage surrounding the improvements have made me feel quite a bit more confident in my preorder.

you should make an OLED thread so that i can dump all the cool preview videos i found and that im obssessing over

I am a proud and staunch member of tabletop gang. I really am mostly buying this thing for the tabletop experience. A bigger screen, louder speakers, and good kickstand are all particularly conducive to "sharing the joy." I use tabletop alone too, of course, but the speakers really sell this thing as a portable multiplayer device.
Single player tabletop is like the best of both worlds. Sit back, relax with the controller of your choice but with the intimacy of using a handheld. Perfection.
Believe in the colours popping 🤟
Colours gonna pop so hard in SMTV

To all of the lurkers from ERA. Welcome once again to our humble abode. Please take a look and feel free to post at your leisure. We hope you will enjoy participating here. as we want everyone to feel welcomed.

Have an idea? make a thread!
Need to vent? We have threads for that!
Want to shitpost? Just do it!

This is an exciting time for all of us and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead for all of us!

Forums looking slick as hell. Amazing job to everyone! Let's have some fun!

That was always in the cards, especially with that CE.

I'm just sad I never did it with Xenoblade 2 when I had the chance. Xenoblade 3 is gonna be a different story tho.

Me, when I see Gacha players: Haha suckers

Me, when I see some cheap physical goods with a game: Day 1!

Just a reminder: if you click on "Account Details" there is a section for you to specify your pronouns. I encourage everybody to do this! Displaying pronouns is a great way to build an inclusive environment.

I'm so excited to be here. Real life wise it's been a terrible day but seeing this forum now being real makes me smile

I watched it, and I liked it.
Yeah I like it too, it's definitely no Hill House or Bly Manor (yet) but it's very good so far.

I just really find it hard to believe most "old people makeup" you see in movies and TV. It's so, so obvious like every time.

Anyone watching Midnight Mass (I bet @Dragoncaine is)? I'm only a couple episodes in but I already can tell that
there are some characters in very very obvious "old people" makeup who are totally going somehow get younger.
Yup and (regarding the spoiler) YUP

Yeah I like it too, it's definitely no Hill House or Bly Manor (yet) but it's very good so far.

I just really find it hard to believe most "old people makeup" you see in movies and TV. It's so, so obvious like every time.
It is quite obvious, lol

Wow, this forum in the past few days went from us few working on it doing shitpost threads, to a small test group, to a full own Nintendo forum so freaking fast, it's crazy. Proud of you all.

Don't know where to post this but the commentary around Konami today really exposes how western and AAA centric games media is.
I never thought I'd see the Konami redemption arc, with them feasting on the Japanese market to the confoundment of others.

Don't know where to post this but the commentary around Konami today really exposes how western and AAA centric games media is.
i'm just laughing at how much the fake insiders got wrong about konami's plans. literally every single detail was wrong, and for like 1 and a half year everyone on era had 100% confidence in the rumors.

Glad to be here, everyone. Thank you to all the staff that have no doubt worked tirelessly over the past week to bring us this new space to talk about our hobby on!

In the Discord, I did post in the "FamiBoards StarTopic Reservation" thread that I'd wanted to reserve both a general Metroid ST, and one for Dread, specifically, but I have no idea whether those were already planned to be worked on by someone else, or not. I've got plenty of past experience making OTs, so I'd be happy to throw one up, though I can't say it'd be super flashy, on such short notice. 🤣

The smell of a new place . i've mostly been a lurker in the previous places but i intend to lurk less and participate more
Congrats for the speedy work on the new forum .
now back to trying to pre-order the OLED

Glad to be here, everyone. Thank you to all the staff that have no doubt worked tirelessly over the past week to bring us this new space to talk about our hobby on!

In the Discord, I did post in the "FamiBoards StarTopic Reservation" thread that I'd wanted to reserve both a general Metroid ST, and one for Dread, specifically, but I have no idea whether those were already planned to be worked on by someone else, or not. I've got plenty of past experience making OTs, so I'd be happy to throw one up, though I can't say it'd be super flashy, on such short notice. 🤣
Re: this, what were some of the Dread ST titles we had brainstormed? I remember there were some good ones earlier in the thread

I never thought I'd see the Konami redemption arc, with them feasting on the Japanese market to the confoundment of others.
Might as well not be happening with the way the media reports on them. There's a lot of commentary about how Konami wants to get "back into consoles" despite the fact they never stopped publishing console games and have had quite a few success stories over the last few years, just not with the brands game journos care about.
i'm just laughing at how much the fake insiders got wrong about konami's plans. literally every single detail was wrong, and for like 1 and a half year everyone on era had 100% confidence in the rumors.
I don't think they had any basis. There were a few "insiders" on ERA who were backing each other up but were all completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom