• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by those poll results this is a forum full of weebs
DdUdHZh.gif

Nothing like seeing a bunch of "fuck poor people" posts in a hobby group to make one feel simultaneously angry and sad

Shit, how did I walk right into that
prove to me that Another Way to Die isn’t objectively better than any other Jame’d Bons songalong and I’ll eat between 0 and 7 of his DVDs

jame’d bons

he’ll jame your bons

BA DAH, bwoh
BA DAH, bwoh
BADABADABA

if James Bond is not anime then how come he gets a new anime intro and theme song every season

counterpoint: you are wrong

points for Suswave: 1mil
points for hologram: 0mil
Aaayyyy you finally figured out that you can just declare yourself the winner and award yourself as many points as you want!
this is a joke about american politics

ayyyyy seems like the number one thing everyone’s saying everywhere about everything and it makes me wanna bite
It shouldn't make me wanna bite but once upon a time I heavily associated hobby with community and even though people have taught me many a lesson on that there's still a bit of a kneejerk reaction to seeing people who partake in a thing I love being arrogant, gatekeeping shitfuckers over said thing I love. I'll grow out of it someday.

is james bond anime
  • implausible action
  • obsession with detailed mechanical vehicle design
  • quippy one-liners
  • over-the-top, gloating villains
  • disrespectful to women while framing it as "look, we're showcasing women!"
Yes, it's anime.

This has been Choco Replies: Oops, All Suswave! Edition

I'll grow out of it someday.
I think growing out of being angry at people for warping things that could be about community and humanity into consumerist paloozas of hostility and shittiness — in this, a blazing endgame beyond Reagan’s wildest dreams; the next wave of the awful 80s mindset blasted through the feedback crucible of social media well past the point of cronenberg — is the coward’s path

stay angry my friend

Thank you for my service.

Here's the problem though:
I like anime
But I don't give a shit about James Bond

Where does that put me..?
wherever the fuck I am

(I also hate anime almost all of the time though so tbd)

((I mean I love several anime tropes and there are very select animes I enjoy and the format — when it’s not doing absolutely horrible shit, which it almost always is — is something I deeply appreciate and hypothetically like))

(((what a world)))

I think growing out of being angry at people for warping things that could be about community and humanity into consumerist paloozas of hostility and shittiness — in this, a blazing endgame beyond Reagan’s wildest dreams; the next wave of the awful 80s mindset blasted through the feedback crucible of social media well past the point of cronenberg — is the coward’s path

stay angry my friend
I very much appreciate that but like

My mental health tho 🤣

My soul is troubled enough by people I actually know without it also allowing itself to be troubled by complete strangers spouting bullshit on a screen, especially when the only way I can ever figure to respond is to argue and fight which, in my experience, is a guaranteed way to make everything worse for me

My dream of living on an acre with a workshop, a tree, and a hammock, while completely blocking other people from having influence over how I live can't come soon enough

I very much appreciate that but like

My mental health tho 🤣

My soul is troubled enough by people I actually know without it also allowing itself to be troubled by complete strangers spouting bullshit on a screen, especially when the only way I can ever figure to respond is to argue and fight which, in my experience, is a guaranteed way to make everything worse for me

My dream of living on an acre with a workshop, a tree, and a hammock, while completely blocking other people from having influence over how I live can't come soon enough
fair point. I am not a pillar of mental health

kind of a disaster in that department

you could say… i’m a brainwreck

prove to me that Another Way to Die isn’t objectively better than any other Jame’d Bons songalong and I’ll eat between 0 and 7 of his DVDs
Another Way to Die is, by far, my least favorite Bond theme song of the Craig Era. I wasn't a huge fan of the Sam Smith one in Spectre (it's a real shame they didn't go with the Radiohead song as planned), but the White/Keys one sounds to me like it was written and performed by people who had never watched a Bond movie lol

The Chris Cornell, Adele, and Billie Eilish songs were all pretty good

But I can't like prove this because it's peskily subjective :-(

Just wait till Trails From Zero comes out
Disclaimer: I will not be playing Trails from Zero
I really hope you play Trails From Zero chocolate_supra one day if not at launch. I think you’d like it a lot :)

The first five Trails games especially (Zero is Trails 4) remind me so much of the feeling I got from the SNES RPGs I loved growing up like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

I really hope you play Trails From Zero chocolate_supra one day if not at launch. I think you’d like it a lot :)

The first five Trails games especially (Zero is Trails 4) remind me so much of the feeling I got from the SNES RPGs I loved growing up like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.
I actually really wanted to try Trails in the Sky back when it was relatively new but I didn't have a system it ran on. I've been assuming the trilogy might come to Switch (since everything else is) but now that Trails has split off into its own subseries and is all big and stuff it's kind of intimidating to get into while I'm still over here waiting for the original trilogy. 😅😅😅

So I'm sure I'll dig in someday, just not this month.

The next 3D Mario is interesting because while Bowser's Fury was built with 3D World assets, the design philosophy was much closer to Odyssey, in that the game tried to keep you in the experience as seamlessly as possible while you completed your objectives. Not even any transition from level to level; just one expanding and changing level.

Personally, I was never convinced Nintendo would package a game concept as a freebie if the same philosophy and idea was going to be used in a full price game. They're not a generous company like that; and certainly I wouldn't expect Bowser's Fury to appear in 2021 at the same time that EPD 8 were working on another iteration of the same idea. Why outsource it from EPD 8 to NST, or package it as a freebie, if it had enough mileage to be the next new Mario?

Maybe they find an interesting way around that, I don't know. I just genuinely don't know what to expect next for 3D Mario.
Tbh whether it's called Odyssey 2 or not, I'm fully expecting them to go on a Odyssey but even bigger scope route. Capture mechanic but with much more possibilities, rideable Yoshi, and take from Bowser's Fury the seamless open world design.

I think Bowser's Fury was such an awesome addition. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is definitely the biggest effort enhanced port from Wii U alongside MK8DX+ Expansion. I think they wanted to have a side game that also wasn't just some remix levels or more of the same.

Bowser's Fury got the seamless open world design, but was taken back by being a side game so it was 6h in length I believe? If they mix it with Odyssey and go with a full open world and various themes, it's gonna be a huge deal. I think whether it's gonna be called Odyssey 2 or something else it will be a BotW to TotK vibe. Bigger scope and COVID would explain the longer wait, maybe they've gone longer with pre production and development only fully started in 2019 like hirings suggest, so 2023 would already be a likely release year even without COVID.

Tbh whether it's called Odyssey 2 or not, I'm fully expecting them to go on a Odyssey but even bigger scope route. Capture mechanic but with much more possibilities, rideable Yoshi, and take from Bowser's Fury the seamless open world design.

I think Bowser's Fury was such an awesome addition. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is definitely the biggest effort enhanced port from Wii U alongside MK8DX+ Expansion. I think they wanted to have a side game that also wasn't just some remix levels or more of the same.

Bowser's Fury got the seamless open world design, but was taken back by being a side game so it was 6h in length I believe? If they mix it with Odyssey and go with a full open world and various themes, it's gonna be a huge deal. I think whether it's gonna be called Odyssey 2 or something else it will be a BotW to TotK vibe. Bigger scope and COVID would explain the longer wait, maybe they've gone longer with pre production and development only fully started in 2019 like hirings suggest, so 2023 would already be a likely release year even without COVID.
I feel like if we were getting an iterative Odyssey-style sequel it would have been announced by now. If it's due for a new console, it'll probably be a big change, like most 3D Mario games.

I am surprisingly excited for Zero. Its the only series I've always looked at from the side (since its been on Sony/PC) that I've wanted to get into. I am binging Sky cause I don't have time and I did not want to miss out on references lol

I feel like if we were getting an iterative Odyssey-style sequel it would have been announced by now. If it's due for a new console, it'll probably be a big change, like most 3D Mario games.
Super Mario games have been announced/revealed very close to launch for awhile now tho. They don't need to announce the games for hirings like they had with TotK and Splatoon 3, so it's reasonable it's not known yet.
It's been in development for awhile but games on Switch era all saw increased dev times and COVID happened too, so if they plan to announce it close to release it would be awhile regardless.
Super Mario Odyssey took ~4 years of development, and so did Breath of the Wild. Tears of the Kingdom is coming 6 years after BotW, but we've known it was in the making since very early in development. I think it will be in that style, reuse some assets and mechanics but expand really big upon it. Like TotK is doing with the new physics gameplay and the huge sky above, maybe underground too.
I'm expecting either VERY big kingdoms or seamless levels like Bowser's Fury but with the amount of content Odyssey had and bigger. I don't know if they'll call it Odyssey 2 but to me it's a "Sequel to The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild" being Tears of the Kingdom case.

i know there are a few that have, such as luigi's mansion 3, but i mean all games
I feel the same way tbh. Super Mario Odyssey is a blast in visuals and looks better than BotW but without AA it feels like it's on a lower res than it is and gets jaggy.
Astral Chain too, it gets to 1080p but sometimes it doesn't look like that.
Luigi's Mansion 3 is just the case of the game being perfect visually in literally every way. God Next Level Games is so great.

I just typed out a very very long post asking a question about how to improve my conversation system in a particular way and in typing it all out and explaining the problem I realized how to solve it.

So thanks fami!

I just typed out a very very long post asking a question about how to improve my conversation system in a particular way and in typing it all out and explaining the problem I realized how to solve it.

So thanks fami!
Sometimes all it takes is a drawn-out conversation with yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom