• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh love seeing a full top ten list! That’s rad! Some great picks here, happy to see Ping Pong, Gundam Wing, and Mob Psycho 100 make the cut. I definitely have to watch Utena soon, I really liked Yurikuma Arashi and Sarazanmai by the same director.
Sarazanmai is great. I really appreciated its relatively short length. Considering how much he likes repetition, it kept things very efficient and well paced.

Excellent picks. Let’s celebrate getting a new Gundam and Mob Psycho next season!
(100 emoji)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
KENAN AND KEL REUNION DURING THE EMMYS OH MY FUCKIN GAAAAAAHHHHHD
HOW DO I MAKE THIS MORE ITALIC THAN ITALIC I'M SO HAPPYYYYYY

Just a head's up that if I seem a little off at the moment and over the next several weeks, it’s cos I’m in the process of weaning off a medication I’ve been on for over a decade.
It helped stabilise me for a long time, and withdrawal can be rough, but I feel like it’s finally time to see if I can handle life without it.

Thanks for bearing with me <3

In the meantime, Splatoon 3 and the Direct give me something pleasant to focus on. Staying up til midnight tonight to catch the latter, super excited!

Just a head's up that if I seem a little off at the moment and over the next several weeks, it’s cos I’m in the process of weaning off a medication I’ve been on for over a decade.
It helped stabilise me for a long time, and withdrawal can be rough, but I feel like it’s finally time to see if I can handle life without it.

Thanks for bearing with me <3

In the meantime, Splatoon 3 and the Direct give me something pleasant to focus on. Staying up til midnight tonight to catch the latter, super excited!
Just posting to say A) good luck and be well and B) you should always discontinue meds with the direction and support of a doctor, who can help you mitigate withdrawal and stuff

I once tried dropping my meds on my own because I wanted to “see if I can handle life without it” and it ended up with me in a very dark and dangerous place. I’m not saying this to scare you, I just want to make sure you have the support of a physician <3

Just posting to say A) good luck and be well and B) you should always discontinue meds with the direction and support of a doctor, who can help you mitigate withdrawal and stuff

I once tried dropping my meds on my own because I wanted to “see if I can handle life without it” and it ended up with me in a very dark and dangerous place. I’m not saying this to scare you, I just want to make sure you have the support of a physician <3
Thank you for the concern.
I am withdrawing under the direction of my doctor, which is why it's taking place over weeks instead of cold turkey.
But I really appreciate you reaching out.
People like you are why I love this place so much, such an awesome supportive community. :)

Splatoon 3 single player does that "just one more" quality to it. More so than the other two games. Once you get out of a mission, there's always a blob of hair in sight for you to remove to unveil more secrets which inevitably leads you right to another mission. It's like a super condensed BOTW or Mario Galaxy in that manner.

Splatoon 3 turned out amazing, we had Arceus, Kirby, and XC3 earlier this year, Bayonetta 3 and open world Pokemon coming up soon, and we got a nice meaty Direct to look forward to tomorrow. What a time to be a Nintendo fan.

I once tried dropping my meds on my own because I wanted to “see if I can handle life without it” and it ended up with me in a very dark and dangerous place
eyyyyy med chaos club

some of my instances were especially cruel because it was my health care providers messing up or pharmacy shortages

or me being fucking broke, which… I mean it gets at the clear heart of who for-profit healthcare is for, but woof

Ever since I formally resigned from my current job and I'm essentially waiting for my current contract to run out, my productivity fell to levels close to "monkey pressing random letters of a keyboard".

Also yesterday I finally saw the final Evangelion movie in theater: what a massive let down of a conclusion to such a wonderful saga.

Since my work-meeting starts the same time as the Direct and will last for at least an hour, if not two, and I probably won't be at home until 4-5 hours until after the Direct aired, I still don't know if I

1) am just gonna spoil myself by looking at the headlines during breaks, or
2) quarantine until I get home and watch the thing as if it was happening then.

First time in ages I miss a General Direct, not sure if I have the strength required to go with route 2.

Since my work-meeting starts the same time as the Direct and will last for at least an hour, if not two, and I probably won't be at home until 4-5 hours until after the Direct aired, I still don't know if I

1) am just gonna spoil myself by looking at the headlines during breaks, or
2) quarantine until I get home and watch the thing as if it was happening then.

First time in ages I miss a General Direct, not sure if I have the strength required to go with route 2.
Option 2 is best imo for when it has happened to me. Just avoid here, Twitter, and the like. Everyone is still going to be talking about the coolest trailers when you catch up!

Definitely option 2 if I were you @MissingNo. like.. just close your eyes when you open YouTube and try to type in “Nintendo Direct” in the search bar while not looking. The surprise element is a vital part of a Direct, at least for me personally.

This may sound strange but does anyone actually miss the speculation thread cos I do lol
Yes, but we definitely need a break lol. I think we should see how the single thread goes for a while. It's hard to imagine since the last hype cycle started from April I think and we rolled right into the next one, but there were periods prior we did fine with just one thread. If this thread gets too invested in Tweet Speculation in particular, that's when I imagine calls will come quick for a second thread again even if it isn't a Direct Speculation thread.

I don't have time to actually play until Saturday BUT I already tested the Deck out a bit and it feels and looks better than I had feared. Games definitley run better than on my laptop lol Handheld Ribbit King on saturday lets gooo

Probably futile, but I'm going to ask people to fully spoiler tag Direct leaks or even better not talk about them in this thread for the next 2.5 hours. We just got a good (possibly fake) surprise in the Direct thread and one other indirect confirmation, so maybe we can make this the hangout thread for people who want to go in blind. I know, advertisement spoilers, but people do enjoy the entertainment angle and we are now super close to the show.

If you want to be extra safe, hop off the internet now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom