• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re getting a blast of upper 80s tomorrow before it goes back down to mid-70s again. Stupid climate change. The air is Fall now, can’t you let us enjoy it?
Around here it's supposed to top out at 14°C/57°F tomorrow, then get back into the low to mid 20s/mid 70s, before it bounces back down into the mid to low teens/mid 50s again.

GVG just did a side-by-side comparison of how quick it is to start playing in Splatoon 3 compared to Splatoon 2, and wow, it's a big difference. Even without skipping the intro. That's super cool, might be the biggest selling point for me hahaha.

I live near Washington DC. Cozy weather doesn't get here until mid-October. I'll be sweating my ass off in shorts for another 1.5 months.

I went Octoling for the test fire but that brings up an interesting question. Being able to play as an Octoling in Splatoon 2 was a really cool perk for completing the expansion. I know I did it in Splatoon 2 as a sort of status symbol thing as I’m sure others did too given how many of them I remember seeing. But without that particular appeal I’m wondering how many people go for it.

Even right now I’m thinking of going back to Inkling at least at the start but I think I’ll have to see which kids have the better haircuts.
The other difference is that in S2, the inkling and octoling were seperate characters for campaign purposes, but in this one, they’re the same.

For some reason I thought iPadOS 16 would drop on Monday alongside iOS 16, and now my disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

For some reason I thought iPadOS 16 would drop on Monday alongside iOS 16, and now my disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
what feature were you looking forward to the most on iPadOS 16? I didn't keep up with WWDC this year but wasn't it going to be a low key year for iPadOS?

what feature were you looking forward to the most on iPadOS 16? I didn't keep up with WWDC this year but wasn't it going to be a low key year for iPadOS?
Nothing in particular, tbh. Stage manager would have been nice, but it is not supported on iPad mini.

I just like having shiny new updates, really.

if I got $1000 for every Yeah I've received I'd have as much money as the Queen made royal hellspawn Andrew pay to settle his sexual assault case

In DC, it's basically rains multiple times a week in the Winter. Source: myself who has to take rain samples throughout the winter
I guess it depends on what you mean by winter. Between mid December and mid February I really don't remember it raining that much.

But I guess if that's part of your job it will probably stick with you more.

I guess it depends on what you mean by winter. Between mid December and mid February I really don't remember it raining that much.

But I guess if that's part of your job it will probably stick with you more.
When I was there it was basically sunny all winter and the snow/ice could never thaw. Over here we are getting 90 degree weather tomorrow, but that should be the last of it. Looks like 60s starting next week, so fall is really starting.

I'm sure it wasn't purposeful, but there's a special feeling that comes from wearing a mask, walking into a business where everyone is unmasked, and having the first guy I walk passed cough on me 🙃
Man, people are trash. The hate some feel for the masks is just bizarre.

Being coughed upon or coughing yourself and not covering your mouth is just gross. Blegh 🤮

I'm sure it wasn't purposeful, but there's a special feeling that comes from wearing a mask, walking into a business where everyone is unmasked, and having the first guy I walk passed cough on me 🙃
so often dude, even here in candadad

everyone is fucks

beisbolbat

Last edited:
One of the very few good things this pandemic has brought is cooler mask cosmetics in games.
I hadn't thought about it until now, but Code Vein was really ahead of the curve by about six months with the whole "every character has to wear a (gas)mask at all times" look. I remember thinking how weird it was and took a while to get used to, but now it would probably seem far more normal.

another thing that should be legal again
if duels were legal you know they would be used by the worst people

it’s already easy enough for people to kill me for being me, I recommend not making it easier

I feel like I'd have a decent shot if the weapon of choice was an aluminum baseball bat. I keep a pink bat by my bed at night to fend off intruders.

Hand hasn't gotten any better?
Not really. Just going to an orthopedic clinic next week, thankfully day after the supposed direct date for what’s next, can’t hold much with that hand much less a controller. Right now just doing a lot of waiting and dealing with the pain some. Been working on my tv backlog some in the meantime

Not really. Just going to an orthopedic clinic next week, thankfully day after the supposed direct date for what’s next, can’t hold much with that hand much less a controller. Right now just doing a lot of waiting and dealing with the pain some. Been working on my tv backlog some in the meantime
Sucks, hope you get a diagnosis soon, so it can be properly treated.

So who's winning the flackson bowl on Sunday? The former Superbowl MVP or the former unanimous league MVP?

You're moving? solidarity fist bump Moving is the worst. Good luck and try not to overdo it!
Putting those running shoes to use aren’t you, hedgehog?
What's funny is not only have I been working on this move since February, I also just committed to helping friends with a move this weekend. 🤣

My break from the move will be to go help with a simpler move.

But they said they're gonna supply donuts, which'll be a nice change of pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom