• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

Bamco already works closely with both Nintendo (Mario Kart, Smash Bros) and TPC (New Pokémon Snap, Pokkén Tournament), so I don't think Bamco's takeover of ILCA will change anything. With Game Freak's other projects, it seems very likely that they'll continue to outsource remakes, and their first collaboration with ILCA was a commercial success, so I don't see why they wouldn't take on the inevitable upcoming remake of Black and White.

I completely agree. That would've definitely been the the better scenario. Although i think that TPC originally intended BDSP to be released around DP's 15th anniversary that year (September 28) and for Legends Arceus to be the November holiday game. I'm not sure if that was actually ever intended, but i like to think so.

There’s evidence to imply BDSP was greenlit after the pandemic started in 2020, so I imagine it was born primarily out of wanting a Pokemon game to still hit the November 2021 slot when it became clear Legends Arceus wouldn’t quite be ready. Maybe also to provide an alternative to those turned off by how different their Sinnoh reimagining was from the original.

Tell that to the hoards of angry Pokémon fans complaining about the game and calling ILCA incompetent
well, they're doing better than ever so sleep definitely isn't being lost.

DPr being a straight forward remake allows successive games to not have much to live up to, so anyone they can get who's capable can do a decent remake

Tell that to the hoards of angry Pokémon fans complaining about the game and calling ILCA incompetent
I like Pokémon, without really being a fan, but apart from the fact that these angry fans haven't prevented this remake from selling 15 million copies worldwide, I wonder if a fan wouldn't be better off wanting more time for the development of new games. This time is exactly what outsourcing remakes can bring to the series.

I’ve just been pondering, are the only confirmed Nintendo Games that haven’t been released that we know of right now:
Pikmin 4
Everybody 1-2 Switch
Metroid Prime 4
Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pack
Splatoon DLC
Pokémon Violet/Scarlett DLC?

Have we ever known so little?

I’ve just been pondering, are the only confirmed Nintendo Games that haven’t been released that we know of right now:
Pikmin 4
Everybody 1-2 Switch
Metroid Prime 4
Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pack
Splatoon DLC
Pokémon Violet/Scarlett DLC?

Have we ever known so little?
We got Metroid prime 4 and the detective Pikachu switch game.

Either EPD is opening up to using external engines (besides Unity for mobile) or Pikmin 4 is being co-develeoped by an external company.

Though it’s weird that the UE use didn’t appear in any pre-release material up until now. I thought that was required? Maybe not.

Last edited:
Yoshiaki Koizumi and Masaru Nishida both left 1-UP board of directors and Atsushi Yamaguchi and Shigeki Yamashiro took the roles
Is this good or bad news? Or does it not really matter?
Either EPD is opening up to using external engines (besides Unity for mobile) or Pikmin 4 is being co-develeoped by an external company.

Though it’s weird that the UE use didn’t appear in any pre-release material up until now. I thought that was required? Maybe not.
Eighting? I think they were involved with 3 Deluxe.

Yoshiaki Koizumi and Masaru Nishida both left 1-UP board of directors and Atsushi Yamaguchi and Shigeki Yamashiro took the roles
is kinda undertantable why Yoshiaki Kozuimi left the 1-Up board of directors, he is not just the series director for the Mario franchise, but also a board director for Nintendo Pictures

Odds are that Good Feel is the lead developer under EPD 10.

• EPD 10 and Good Feel have a close relationship.
  • Poochie
  • UE4
Probably Eighting and other assistants are involved too.

Last edited:
Quoted by: N75
Isn't Shieki Yamashiro more associated with NST? I wonder if it is actually true that 1-UP and NST will essentially be a pool of developers that work with EPD 8 and this is a way to consolidate leadership of both NST and 1-UP.

Isn't Shieki Yamashiro more associated with NST? I wonder if it is actually true that 1-UP and NST will essentially be a pool of developers that work with EPD 8 and this is a way to consolidate leadership of both NST and 1-UP.
Shigeki Yamashiro is last known as the president of NST. Unsure if this changed recently
Atsushi Yamaguchi probably is now the technology lead at EPD8. They worked on system programming in most of their credited roles.

Shigeki Yamashiro is last known as the president of NST. Unsure if this changed recently
Atsushi Yamaguchi probably is now the technology lead at EPD8. They worked on system programming in most of their credited roles.

Tim Becthel took over as President of NST a bit ago. Yamashiro remained as an advisor.

Odds are that Good Feel is the lead developer under EPD 10.

• EPD 10 and Good Feel have a close relationship.
  • Poochie
  • UE4
Maybe Grezzo and other assistants are involved too.
It would explain the long absence, but Pikmin is the last thing I thought they would have a hand in.

Guess we'll just have to wait until the game is out, unlesss it gets confirmed during an event or previews.

It would explain the long absence, but Pikmin is the last thing I thought they would have a hand in.

Guess we'll just have to wait until the game is out, unlesss it gets confirmed during an event or previews.
it's possible 8ing is making it. they have ample UE4 experience and worked on Pikmin 3 Deluxe

Pikmin 4 will probably be one of those games that has a Nintendo director or co-director at the helm even if it's co-developed like Star Fox Zero/Tri Force Heroes/Metroid Dread and WarioWare.

With all the discussion and speculation about a new 2D Mario game and how it would look, I was thinking how Nintendo never really makes 2D games anymore (as in a 2D artstyle). Can some of you think when was the last time? I'm assuming maybe something on a portable console.

Pikmin 4 will probably be one of those games that has a Nintendo director or co-director at the helm even if it's co-developed like Star Fox Zero/Tri Force Heroes/Metroid Dread and WarioWare.
Yeah I'm expecting Yuji Kando and some EPD composers to be credited at least .

I talked about this before. But it seems EPD has consolidated actual external productions under group 2, while everyone else does in-house creations and Co-Development.

I still want to know what Group 1 has been doing this whole time.

I talked about this before. But it seems EPD has consolidated actual external productions under group 2, while everyone else does in-house creations and Co-Development.

I still want to know what Group 1 has been doing this whole time.
Wasn't there talk of a possible merger between Group 1 and Group 2?

Wasn't there talk of a possible merger between Group 1 and Group 2?
I think much of the Group 1 external dev staff moved over to Group 2, but I think Group 1 had gone through some kind of restructuring to focus on internal development, rather than working on other studios' stuff.

I'd like to see a group that can bring out new talent internally. That's the kind of approach that led to Splatoon.

With all the discussion and speculation about a new 2D Mario game and how it would look, I was thinking how Nintendo never really makes 2D games anymore (as in a 2D artstyle). Can some of you think when was the last time? I'm assuming maybe something on a portable console.
I can only think of WarioWare Gold and the 3DS Mario & Luigi games, but those are from Intelligent Systems and AlphaDream respectively.
Rhythm Heaven Megamix maybe?

dr mario,brain age,big brain academy,sushi strikers,nes remix,mario maker

I think it's more likely Pikmin 4 being UE is a result of working heavily with external developers, possibly the same one that worked on 3 Deluxe (Eighting, or something like that). If anything, the more internal EPD projects seem to be consolidating their tech stack further.

I don't know the exact terms for Unreal, but it's probably sufficient to just mention it in the credits and/or license page, based on what I've seen in practice.

I'm sorry if I mssed an obvious information, but why do we take for granted the fact that Pikmin 4 is using UE?

The logo seems to be on the download card for it, though I haven't seen one in person yet.

It's pretty shocking, honestly. I wonder if another company is the primary developer?

So, who do we think is developing the Super Mario RPG remake that was announced in todays Direct?
I'm leaning towards Grezzo! I know they've got their Apple Arcade game, but maybe they can develop multiple projects at once!
2x1_NSwitch_SuperMarioRPG_image1600w.jpg

NSwitch_SuperMarioRPG_02.jpg

The rumored games that we are only missing are Mario & Sonic 2024, F-Zero GX Remaster, the new Donkey Kong game, a new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Title, Paper Mario TTYD remaster, and the Fire Emblem 4 remake.
I am speculating that Mario & Sonic 2024 would be revealed via shadowdrop, F-Zero GX remaster and the Fire Emblem 4 remake will show up at the September direct, the new Donkey Kong game would be revealed along with the Switch 2, Paper Mario TTYD and the new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Title would be revealed in next year.

So, who do we think is developing the Super Mario RPG remake that was announced in todays Direct?
I'm leaning towards Grezzo! I know they've got their Apple Arcade game, but maybe they can develop multiple projects at once!
2x1_NSwitch_SuperMarioRPG_image1600w.jpg

NSwitch_SuperMarioRPG_02.jpg

Could be developed by Square-Enix since they own the rights to the original game, but assuming Nintendo just went to Square for approval then decided to do it themselves then I think Grezzo is a good call.

That new Princess Peach game also has me immediately feeling like it's from Good-Feel just based on the art direction in the gameplay clip.

Back
Top Bottom