• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

They can do the same for F-Zero once GX makes it over
Kinda funny and sad if they did that considering there'd be no new game in that lineup, unlike with Pikmin, Metroid or (hypothetically) Luigi's Mansion lol. Side note: they also still gotta announce the anime GBA duo games to have the entire F-Zero lineup on Switch.

Anyways yeah, the Pikmin stuff makes me really wish/hope Nintendo revives the old Virtual Console model in some way and regularly re-release old GCN games, the ones that aren't exactly fullblown HD remaster material, as upscaled ROM dumps.

Doshin the Giant must liveeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
So far the GCN/Wii ports/shadowdrops have been for series with new games coming to Switch, so I'm not yet expecting ports of franchises that (currently) have no future like F-Zero, Chibi Robo and stuff.

But who knows, if they actually established a porting team somewhere then they may have plans to port tons of stuff.

So far the GCN/Wii ports/shadowdrops have been for series with new games coming to Switch, so I'm not yet expecting ports of franchises that (currently) have no future like F-Zero, Chibi Robo and stuff.

But who knows, if they actually established a porting team somewhere then they may have plans to port tons of stuff.
NERD, Nintendo's "experimental tech" group, has been pushing out stuff (patents, some technology partnerships) that taken together seem like a toolkit for uprezzed retro games.

They are responsible for the emulators in NSO, and Super Mario 3D All-Stars. It seems like this porting team is separate from NERD, but working with them. Considering the level of investment in the technology, I would expect to see several more of these.

this porting team could be a part of NERD

this porting team could be a part of NERD

99% sure it's PTD's technology team and the reason why Kiyoshi Mizuki has producer credits alongside EPD producer Nonaka. Most of all NERD work is in-conjunction with PTD/EPD and NTD: Nintendo's technology groups. Plus, EPD literally had UI designers and object designers work on the updates for these releases. That's not happening without internal tech being involved.

They are responsible for the emulators in NSO, and Super Mario 3D All-Stars. It seems like this porting team is separate from NERD, but working with them. Considering the level of investment in the technology, I would expect to see several more of these.

They heavily worked on some emulators and adapted others. They were not responsible for the N64 emulator in SM3DAS, that was iQue.

Last edited:
They heavily worked on some emulators and adapted others. They were not responsible for the N64 emulator in SM3DAS, that was iQue.
Yeah, really no company on Earth is more qualified to create an N64 emulator than iQue as they were founded by a former Silicon Graphics person who then founded ArtX/ATi IIRC. So it's entirely possible that iQue has people that actually had a role in the very creation of the N64's very graphics chips. In turn the same should be true for the GC and Wii's chips, so I wonder if iQue helped NERD on their emulators too.

Growing more convinced that Peach Game is made by the Paper Mario devs.

-Four years since last Paper Mario
-Another Paper Mario in 2024 would be a bit awkward timing wise since Mario RPG is releasing late 2023
-Perspective/level design seems like something you could see in Paper Mario.

Guessing it's IS's Paper Mario people.

Grezzo for Mario RPG also makes sense.

The lighting of the game make me think that the SMRPG remake is developed by Grezzo, not Camelot.
Grezzo had remastered and remade games from a variety of genres and Camelot only did a port of Mario Power Tennis to the Wii.

camelot has 30 employees come on....
tbf nothing is stopping them/Nintendo to have other support studios chipping in as far as creating assets is concerned tho I'm not necessarily convinced it's Camelot and the UI aint enough evidence yet.

What if the Peach game is made by Next Level Games? It could be their main project after Luigi's Mansion 3 while Battle League is a side project.
it absolutely is to me, i certainly dont think any other studio (that would work on a mario game) has that level of animation and lighting.

As for the mario rpg game, i wonder if its not square themselves, due to the CGI.

Considering Retro Studios and NLG likes to bring back old IP’s (not saying this is Super Princess Peach, but maybe they wanted a new Peach game) I think NLG is the front runner with Intelligent Systems second.

so far looking at the Peach game, from my very untrained eyes it doesn't quite look like a NLG title for a few reasons :

- the animation itself doesn't seem quite as exaggerated from example, NLG tends to use more copious amount of Squash and Stretch on their characters and more elaborate motion or secondary movement. Maybe they purposefully didn't in this case for Peach but that'd surprise me personally (the enemy do have squash and stretch when being attacked but even quite not with the same physicality as how NLG would do it if that makes sense)

- secondly the rendering/modelling doesn't quite look like NLG, as in for Peach specifically I'd say it looks better so far in the untitled peach game compared to how she was in both LM3 and Strikers, granted I'd expect better anyway if she is the focus regardless.
But even something like her hair highlights doesn't look like how NLG has approached rendering so far.

Untitled Peach game :
IGN-Untitled-Princess-Peach-Game-Teaser-Nintendo-Direct-2023-K-5-4-R-Vx5w-1268x713-0m18s.png

LM3 :

Dracula-Playz-Luigi-and-Mario-Save-Princess-Peach-Luigi-s-Mansion-3-Yoyy-Di-OXy4k-1268x713-0m29s.png

Obviously this is purely speculation and my own observation so don't take it too seriously.

I see people speculating on who is developing Mario RPG and Peach game by looking at the UI so I want to ask - aren't most of those UI elements just part of an asset library that is shared by different teams within Nintendo? I swear we've seen basically identical or very similar UI in games developed by different studios.

changed my mind,peach is good feel,pikmin 4 is in-house,even using unreal,mario rpg is monolith or omega dream or maybe square
Wouldn't Grezzo be possible too for Mario RPG ? Kinda feel like that Dragon game on Apple Arcade is a smaller side project (hopefully).

It might be wishful thinking, but I still think Pikmin 4 is EPD.

(I also may have posted this already)

not convinced Goodfeel is capable of Pikmin 4 visuals/performance combination. Yoshi's Crafted World is blurry as fuck and their self published game didn't run well on Switch

Yeah, I don't think it's external either. Especially when they are taking it seriously with the IP (Bloom, Pikmin 1+2). I think it's EPD 10 no doubt. Maybe small support from Good Feel. Eighting is also for sure involved.

people complain zelda games take too long, meanwhile

while amusing (I get that it's a joke^^), there is no substitute for zelda in the nintendo stable. elder scrolls = fallout = starfield, they're all the same game with different window dressing and smaller distinct franchise quirks.

if nintendo made other sprawling third person action adventure games within similar frameworks, the comparison would be more apt

Not sure how Pikmin can be anything but EPD.

At the least, this is a Three Houses/Sakurai scenario where EPD is clearly lead designing the game in cooperation with the grunt work being done by an outside studio. No way Good-Feel or Eightings are doing a game like this mostly on their own.

Last edited:
Not sure how Pikmin can be anything but EPD.

At the least, this is a Three Houses/Sakurai scenario where EPD is clearly lead designing the game in cooperation with the grunt work being done by an outside studio. No way Good-Feel or Sightings are doing a game like this mostly on their own.
I think that’s what most people are assuming even if it does turn out to be external. Yuji Kando as Director/Chief Director with maybe Keisuke Nishimori as Art Director and Yutaka Hiramuki as Planning Director. The music was likely done in-house too.

Even the Good-Feel Yoshi games had Kenta Usui from EPD as the Level Design Director.

the Link Awakening remake also used Unreal Engine 4, i recall a lot of persons comented the game has some framerate issues because of the Unreal Engine 4, and Nintendo sent a PR, recomending it internal studios and third parties to use Unity on they games on Switch, istead of Unreal Engine 4.

the Link Awakening remake also used Unreal Engine 4, i recall a lot of persons comented the game has some framerate issues because of the Unreal Engine 4, and Nintendo sent a PR, recomending it internal studios and third parties to use Unity on they games on Switch, istead of Unreal Engine 4.
Links Awakening is on a proprietary engine, not UE4.

I'm more surprised DF make a mistake like that. there's literally no supporting evidence for UE4. it would show up in data mines even if Nintendo paid to scrub out marketing (and we know they don't pay for that)
I think this might have been them trying to connect dots since Grezzo in 2017 was hiring for staff with experience in both unity and ue4 :

I think this might have been them trying to connect dots since Grezzo in 2017 was hiring for staff with experience in both unity and ue4 :
What's Jet Dragon made with? Has that come out yet?

Back
Top Bottom