• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

As part of the meeting, their BOD are up for re-election and they have an interesting sheet with role/strength for investor to see (thanks to Stealth40k cause I was not gonna look for the doc 😅 )

Also the last 3 are the recommended outside directors Nintendo mentioned a while back with their possible roles.

with Chris Melendandri listed for software production / IP creation, I wonder if he's giving an outside perspective on creating potential new IP for the new generation. having the man who put Minions at the forefront is a big leg up for new IP

with Chris Melendandri listed for software production / IP creation, I wonder if he's giving an outside perspective on creating potential new IP for the new generation. having the man who put Minions at the forefront is a big leg up for new IP
Not just that, but I fucking adore how expressive the characters/character designs in Migration are. Got a sort of Looney Tunes vibe or something. Honestly Illumination have upped their game. Wonder if Nintendo's rubbed off on them at all.

Hopefully it's the case that Chris nudges Nintendo into making new IPs. Lord knows we need more of them. Honestly Next Level Games are to me the best candidate for a new, highly expressive cartoony IP. Chris should absolutely look in their direction.

My immediate assumption is simply that Meledandri's expertise will be in terms of the company's continued multimedia expansion into TV/film, not that he'll be involved with the gaming side of things.

every year nintendo does online seminars for new graduates,some madman somehow got in the call and recorded it, we been loosing so many cool things for decades
E_LGfjDVkAQ28dR

E_LGZx6UYAQCa2a

FWrL2BRacAEAeom

FWrL2B3aAAEslE6

E_A5AD3VQAAgwfn

E_A5WYoUcAEHEgx

E_GZ7pjVkAQsflc

FWWAvmRUAAAn6pZ

FWWAvmSUcAEaadC

FWWAvmOUsAAmlN6

Last edited:
shiver's website updated again. the header has changed and the very bottom has Nintendo in place of Embracer now

vEu8g1y.png
That must be crazy for the employees, seeing how they pretty much are set for live.

Extremely excited seeing what kinda ports and project they'll do.

He's probably there for advices regarding the movie industry.

also with splatoon 4 rumor out there, im seeing a lot of people talking about EPD5 again and man, people really dont get the difference between division and studio, and that just because both are under the same production group doesnt mean the team is the same.

Supposedly Intelligent Systems revamped their website.

Not supposedly. It was refreshed within the past 24 hours, as I was just on the old layout for it yesterday.

Supposedly Intelligent Systems revamped their website.

Yup I have a screenshot from the old site for a project and I say its an upgrade. Also its easier to navigate, less laggy.

Before---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- After
ccckwb2.png
HjwjwbL.png

Something interesting about the revamped website is the categories in the games section:
N4wxx4u.png

The categories are mostly what you'd expect, consoles plus FE, Paper Mario, and WarioWare. However, something caught my eye. Because it's not just those three franchises that have their own separate categories, but Pushmo as well. Which seems kinda strange considering we haven't gotten a new Pushmo game in nearly a decade, and it was only ever a very minor, digital-only franchise.

I might be overthinking it, but I wonder if this points to a desire at IS to continue this franchise and to a new game coming soon? These are very small-scale games, so they may be able to whip up a new one in between all the other stuff they're busy with. Either way, the FE4 remake may not be the only IS game to look out for in the upcoming Direct... 🤔 🤔

Something interesting about the revamped website is the categories in the games section:
N4wxx4u.png

The categories are mostly what you'd expect, consoles plus FE, Paper Mario, and WarioWare. However, something caught my eye. Because it's not just those three franchises that have their own separate categories, but Pushmo as well. Which seems kinda strange considering we haven't gotten a new Pushmo game in nearly a decade, and it was only ever a very minor, digital-only franchise.

I might be overthinking it, but I wonder if this points to a desire at IS to continue this franchise and to a new game coming soon? These are very small-scale games, so they may be able to whip up a new one in between all the other stuff they're busy with. Either way, the FE4 remake may not be the only IS game to look out for in the upcoming Direct... 🤔 🤔
I’m going to actually cry DON’T DO THIS TO ME

N4wxx4u.png

The director, Sugioka, last directed game was Stretchmo and after than its his credits have been in the WarioWare games (special thanks and support) so its not impossible. They dont seem like games that would take a big group (I havent played it them).

Very excited for the remake of Genealogy of Fire Emblem Crusade (As an aside, how and why does Google Translate change Super Famicom into Super Nintendo Entertainment System???)
Bce1eGD.png

Also, I love that clicking that official link from this newly updated modern website sends you to Genealogy's original Nintendo website page from the 90's

N4wxx4u.png

SQXA1N.gif

Very excited for the remake of Genealogy of Fire Emblem Crusade (As an aside, how and why does Google Translate change Super Famicom into Super Nintendo Entertainment System???)
Bce1eGD.png

Also, I love that clicking that official link from this newly updated modern website sends you to Genealogy's original Nintendo website page from the 90's
Not Descent of Jihad?

fire-emblem-4-preview-on-nintendo-power-august-96-v0-hms1ms09x5lb1.jpg

Also the original website from 1996 still exists......It's confirmed. FE4 is the Space Jam of Fire Emblem.

The director, Sugioka, last directed game was Stretchmo and after than its his credits have been in the WarioWare games (special thanks and support) so its not impossible. They dont seem like games that would take a big group (I havent played it them).
Yeah idk I haven't either, but just taking a quick look on Mobygames, it seems like the credits for these games were very small, so I assume a new one wouldn't take up too many resources to develop alongside FE/Paper Mario.

There was that Stretchmo World or whatever it was rumor a few weeks back. I would personally like to see Pushmo continued more than Stretchmo because I thought the latter was a bit less engaging, but I'd be delighted to see any return of Mallo and his little friends, especially that one spiky-haired baby he throws up in the air and rescues. 🥺

Looking into their catalog its kind of crazy that IS released 2 FE, 2 Paper Mario and 2 Warioware in the same gen even more with their size while the games are very well done without bugs and such things. IS and Hal really seem to have learned a lot to develop in HD with how much they output. They probably are the studios with more titles betweeen partners and subsidiaries outside of Nintendo EPD itself

Taku Sugioka was recently credited as a producer on TTYD remake.

Misuzu Yoshida on the other hand hasn’t been credited on anything since Echoes.

where producer and director would be in here?
Directors depend on the project (planners, artists, programmers). Not sure about producers, though. General affairs maybe?

I feel the producers would generally be in planners since general affairs wouldn't have any other staff if it was all the producers.

The revamped website also updated its history that reveals some interesting facts, like this list of games founding members worked on before Intelligent System was a thing.

Screenshot_20240604_202544_Chrome.jpg

It's always cool seeing IS flexing they were behind Super Metroid.

a 22 employee increase is very meaningful for their size, exciting years ahead for IS, I think the next mainline FE and Paper Mario will be really well received.

Holy shit, not just that, but ironically, Iwasaki actually owned at one point none other than... HAL?! o_O

So HAL and IntSys have origins together even before working with Nintendo. No wonder they feel like a "pair" of sorts with both being "1st and a half party" so to speak, and also helped make hardware and software tools for Nintendo IIRC. But that might be coincidental.

It's always cool seeing IS flexing they were behind Super Metroid.

a 22 employee increase is very meaningful for their size, exciting years ahead for IS, I think the next mainline FE and Paper Mario will be really well received.

I mean they programmed Super Metroid, but the developer was definitely Nintendo, specifically that Metroid team (game design, sprites, animation, music, story -- everything Metroid).

I actually think that's misleading that they don't delineate their involvement, especially for that era of 80s-2000s where they acted in consignment roles specifically to programming or co-programming Nintendo games, later some cases where they 50/50 co-developed some games. Post 2000s they started developing their own games under Nintendo production, 2020s they carried on with significant outsourcing from several for hire outfits to keep up with the growing resource demands of modern games.

Monolith Soft does something similar where they don't distinguish games they developed (Xenoblade) from the games where they provided asset support. 1-Up Studio and NDCube do an honest job of detailing their specific role in a lot of Nintendo games.

Holy shit, not just that, but ironically, Iwasaki actually owned at one point none other than... HAL?! o_O

So HAL and IntSys have origins together even before working with Nintendo. No wonder they feel like a "pair" of sorts with both being "1st and a half party" so to speak, and also helped make hardware and software tools for Nintendo IIRC. But that might be coincidental.
Yup, and if you read this old interview with Iwata, Iwasaki likely brought HAL and Nintendo close

Iwata: One of the companies that had invested in HAL Laboratories had a close working relationship with Nintendo, and it was through them that I first heard about this new interesting hardware console (the Famicom) that Nintendo was about to release. I then went to Nintendo’s office and asked them to let us develop software for them.

anyone have the years Nintendo made an acquisition since they began as a company? i have msot of them but i cant find for ique and a few other studios

anyone have the years Nintendo made an acquisition since they began as a company? i have msot of them but i cant find for ique and a few other studios
Which studios are you missing? As for iQue, there's no source given, but Chinese Wikipedia states that Wei Yen sold his 51% share in the joint venture sometime in 2009.

Which studios are you missing? As for iQue, there's no source given, but Chinese Wikipedia states that Wei Yen sold his 51% share in the joint venture sometime in 2009.
I want to make a list about Nintendo acquisitions over the decades so I'm missing ique. the others are these so far, unless I missed a nintendo acquisition

2002: Retro (joint venture before, full acquisition in that year)
2007: Monolith
2010: Ndcube (joint venture before, full acquisition in that year)
2011: NERD
2021: NLG
2022: SRD, Nintendo Pictures
2024: Shiver

I want to make a list about Nintendo acquisitions over the decades so I'm missing ique. the others are these so far, unless I missed a nintendo acquisition

I think that's it for studio acquisition, IIRC. There was JESNET in 2016 (renamed Nintendo Sales), but that was unrelated to game development.

nintendo salary,a contractor at nintendo received more than when he has a lead at square enix,and it goes up every year, no wonder they have the highest employee retention

西暦 年齢 お給与 イベント

1999 21  2,500,000位(紛失) Namco part-time job(時給1,000) 👶長男誕生
2000 22  3,000,000位(紛失) 準社員(時給1,100~1,200?)
2001 23  3,500,000位(紛失) 準社員(時給1,200~1,300?) 👶長女誕生
2002 24  4,000,000位(紛失) Become a permanent employee 
2003 25  5,261,215 Leading Tales and getting a pay raise   👶次男誕生
2004 26  5,293,798
2005 27  5,113,435
2006 28  5,136,167
2007 29  5,720,635 👶次女誕生
2008 30  6,050,160
2009 31  5,014,392
2010 32  6,236,951
2011 33  5,301,133
2012 34  2,030,580 うつ病で10カ月休職
2013 35  4,433,544
2014 36  5,895,412
2015 37  6,446,370 Changed jobs to Square Enix (contract employee)
2016 38  7,160,759 Permanent employee 
2017 39  7,328,262
2018 40  6,818,922
2019 41  7,591,877 Changed jobs to Nintendo (contract employee) 
2020 42 10,584,247
2021 43 10,828,964
2022 44 11,576,053
2023 45 約3,500,000(売上) Freelance

Its funny seeing that the first news item in over 2 years for Camelot is that they are celebrating their 30th anniversary this year. Man that is wild.

sZ5ptsb.png

At the very least they could have done something to celebrate the anniversary. Maybe interviews, concept art of older games, recruitment art (we need more of that), etc.

Monolith Soft does something similar where they don't distinguish games they developed (Xenoblade) from the games where they provided asset support. 1-Up Studio and NDCube do an honest job of detailing their specific role in a lot of Nintendo games.
Monolith Soft does... The games they aren't the lead developer are labeled as 部分受託 (same as the list of games on Wikipedia)

Last edited:

At one point between 2011-2012 Nintendo bought the remaining shares Bamco had of Monolith (until then it had 16% ish left)

May 2011:

Jan 2012:

Nintendo always had controlling interest of NDCube so they were always a subsidiary. 51%-99-100% is a subsidiary.

Back
Top Bottom