• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

Seeing the gameplay of PPST definitely tells me it's Good-Feel. It's the kind of game that fits their repertoire (slow gameplay, artsy setting and mechanics).

Instagram story source?
53-C24-C5-E-A6-FF-4326-BFA1-5-C89-C43-E40-C4.png

Doing both MvDK and F-Zero 99 at the same time seems reasonable.

Neither are huge.

Hope NST gets to make a GX sequel after this.

GX remake would be pretty disappointing, do a full sequel with tons of multiplayer options and more single player content and a good story and character designs.

Neither are huge.

GX remake would be pretty disappointing, do a full sequel with tons of multiplayer options and more single player content and a good story and character designs.

Not sure if NST really has the skillset for a GX sequel, a Climax sequel might make more sense looking at 99

NST having their first new games after almost 10 years whooaa
and yeah i really wish nintendo gave more highlight on who develop the games, which to be fair, its also a problem for square enix, bandai namco and other jp companies that outsource a lot.

Princess Peach Showtime: Good-Feel
Another Code: Toybox?
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD: Next Level
Super Mario RPG: TOSE?
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: Intelligent Systems

Also interesting that Tetris 99/Super Mario Bros. 99 director Ryuichi Nakada had no involvement with F-ZERO 99. Wonder what he's working on.

Why Tose instead of Grezzo.
Because Grezzo has been hiring for a new project that's been described as a "new original work" since February 2021 and they just released Jet Dragon.

TOSE has an extensive history with both Square and Nintendo. The studio also has over 600 staff.

It's all just shooting in the dark for the time being.

We should get Mario RPG developer soon considering games get their age ratings around 2 months from release at worst. Iirc is the Australian board the ones that tends to give developer names?

Quoted by: N75
We should get Mario RPG developer soon considering games get their age ratings around 2 months from release at worst. Iirc is the Australian board the ones that tends to give developer names?
I've been keeping on eye on it they seem to have tightened things up on that end. The last time a rating for a Nintendo title appeared on the Australian rating site before its release was just after the February 2022 Direct.

I've been keeping on eye on it they seem to have tightened things up on that end. The last time a rating for a Nintendo title appeared on the Australian rating site before its release was just after the February 2022 Direct.
So basically until release (or copies get dumped) the chances of us knowing the developer is close to 0?

I'm putting a soft bet on Grezzo making the Another Code remakes btw.

Underrated thing NST made: The 3DS version of Mario Maker, which secretly had a single player campaign with all original levels in it.
are you me :D

though I wouldn't call it secretly. it's just that everyone ignores it because they prefer the cheap dunk about it not having online sharing of levels. the SMM 3DS campaign is top-tier 2D Mario and everyone who skipped the game because the editor didn't have online sharing which they wouldn't use anyway has my pity.
:D

I think people would just like to see the studio names somewhere in the trailers.
or at least on the product pages of the website where they sometimes list them, sometimes not.

But then, what about this list? I don't know where the source is from, the leak is from September 10, and it gets things right, but on the other hand there are others that have not appeared in the Direct...

It's very strange.
It seems very complicated to me to guess the things about the Direct... the list says that they are games focused on the first half of 2024, but FZero GX appears in December 2023.

How weird.

Under the image I leave the link to the tweet with the date of September 10.

F5ruzphWkAA7LtI

I am DYING. This is some 2015-ass looking "TOP SECRET PLS DO NOT SHARE LULZ" printout level "leak". Ignore ANYONE who looked at this and didn't burst out laughing. And especially ignore anyone who shared it.

I’m like 99% certain that Grezzo is working on Oracle of Ages and Seasons remakes.
I'm 100% certain that is exactly not what they're doing. Simply because it's such a straight line from Link's Awakening. Way too boring.

My prediction is that a 2D Zelda will be cross gen but if you play it on Switch 2, you get an extra area or dungeon that uses a gimmick or feature of that system.
that's way too LADX. the more your prediction sounds exactly like a thing they've done before, the more likely it is that it's quite off.

My prediction is that a 2D Zelda will be cross gen but if you play it on Switch 2, you get an extra area or dungeon that uses a gimmick or feature of that system.

It is kinda funny that we've got no answers on who's making Super Mario RPG, Luigi's Mansion 2 or Princess Peach Showtime and now there's Mario vs DK, Another Code, and Paper Mario as "who's the developer?!" games. Some of them more of a mystery than others.

I'd have assumed NST did Mario vs DK but they're on F ZERO 99.
Paper Mario TTYD is officially credited to IS btw. No need to speculate about anything there.

7D1hz5L.png

and before anyone else goes looking, no the other games don't have any telling copyright notices like that on the NOE websites.

Highlight in what way?
Put their names at the start of trailers, in the press releases, maybe a logo when you boot up the game. That kind of stuff; they do it sometimes (Metroid Prime having a big ol' "Retro Studios presents" title card being maybe the most prominent example) but it's not super consistent on a macro level.

It'd just be nice if they were more up-front and open about who's making what. Like, at an Xbox or Sony show, it's never really a mystery whether a game is being made by Obsidian or InXile, or Guerrilla or Sucker-Punch, but here we are 3 months later tossing half a dozen possible names around when it comes to the developers behind the new Peach game and Mario RPG remake.

I find it hard to imagine that Greezo is working on another Zelda remakes and for games already available on NSO. Everything is possible but it seems a bit boring to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Another Code Recollection was EPD2 by way of Shinya Saito producing, since he was a producer on the original games. Can't even begin to guess what studio they're working with, though.

Imaging putting out ANOTHER Zelda remakes. We’ve gone a decade without a brand new mainline 2D Zelda. Fans root say too much for more remakes. Ask for something new over old.

Imaging putting out ANOTHER Zelda remakes. We’ve gone a decade without a brand new mainline 2D Zelda. Fans root say too much for more remakes. Ask for something new over old.
That's almost a given considering EPD 2 is basically XDev right now. They oversee all of Nintendo's external games. The real question is what EPD 1 has been doing this whole time.

Maybe Princess Peach Showtime is made by NDCube
I actually subscribe to the theory that RPG is them. Was there any evidence to the contrary? I know there was some debate about the art fidelity but I think that could be the result of stylistic choices

I'm putting a soft bet on Grezzo making the Another Code remakes btw.
This tweet from Taisuke Kanasaki states his involvement as art director, including responsibility for the game's box art. He now works at Arc System Works, but I'm not sure if that means the studio is involved or not. He was the director for the first Another Code and for Hotel Dusk back in the day.
Paper Mario TTYD is officially credited to IS btw. No need to speculate about anything there.

7D1hz5L.png

and before anyone else goes looking, no the other games don't have any telling copyright notices like that on the NOE websites.
Oh good! Always helpful when the website or eShop pages actually mention who's doing what. Intelligent Systems would've been my first choice for this one (and are the obvious choice), but still nice to have official confirmation at least. With the credits for F ZERO 99, and LinkedIn posts, we also know NST did that and Mario vs DK.

Put their names at the start of trailers, in the press releases, maybe a logo when you boot up the game. That kind of stuff; they do it sometimes (Metroid Prime having a big ol' "Retro Studios presents" title card being maybe the most prominent example) but it's not super consistent on a macro level.

It'd just be nice if they were more up-front and open about who's making what. Like, at an Xbox or Sony show, it's never really a mystery whether a game is being made by Obsidian or InXile, or Guerrilla or Sucker-Punch, but here we are 3 months later tossing half a dozen possible names around when it comes to the developers behind the new Peach game and Mario RPG remake.
The team structure probably doesn’t really make Nintendo think about this + partner studios heading a specific franchise. For smaller projects or ventures is looking like where it becomes an issue as we can see here with about three different games.

Last edited:
confused about the timeline,someone who left in january 2022 is in the credits,the contracts of those who worked on f-zero and the mario vs dk ones ended around the same time,both games are finished, but some contracts are still active,only half of the game designers are credited and two in support positions, mario vs dk dont seem to have new content,probably there is a third project ? support for epd tokyo

Last edited:
Catching up with the Direct announcements...

Switch_Library_2024.png

Think it's clear that the road from SMB Wonder to Switch 2 will be heavy on the remasters and remakes; just a handful of original titles in-between.

It's curious that NST tackled two of the games we saw last night; even if one is a digital-only battle royale and the other is a remake it's still nice to see them managing their own projects again after over half a decade of support. If anything, I hope MvDK can eventually lead to a new installment following that gameplay formula (AKA DK94 3); Mario Party and Paper Mario are pretty much in the same boat right now too (remake that returns to fan-favourite gameplay forumla), so we'll have to see how they each evolve from here.

Probably because NST were really in control of F-Zero 99, the director is Chris Polney who was a designer at NST.

It's from EPD Production Group No.02 (the same Pikmin 1+2 production group) and including the newly appointed EPD Co-Production Group (Masamichi Abe) that operates in the US. Also Nintendo programmers and Nintendo Systems and SRD handled all the network features it looks like. Takeshi Hayakawa from EPD Tokyo, was the "technical producer", which has some connection to the engine they used.

But it's definitely the first "standalone" NST game. Maybe they can do others.

Underrated thing NST made: The 3DS version of Mario Maker, which secretly had a single player campaign with all original levels in it.

They were involved in the production, like Bowser's Fury, but they were a leg of the Japan team. Mario Maker's levels were still designed by EPD and Mario Club.

Last edited:

7D1hz5L.png

huh IS is a pretty productive studio too then huh?

Since F-Zero 99 is running in the 3D Mario engine, I'm willing to guess that the Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake, also by NST, is using the same engine too due to their familiarity with it with their experience with Captain Toad and 3D World.

I think people would just like to see the studio names somewhere in the trailers.
Yes. A lot of times only the publisher is listed in in the announcements. Sometimes you can find more info in their site, like i can do with bandai namco in their site. but its harder to do with SE, Nintendo and other companies who dont list it in their website. this is more common from western devs i htink

Switch_Library_2024.png

Think it's clear that the road from SMB Wonder to Switch 2 will be heavy on the remasters and remakes; just a handful of original titles in-between.

It's curious that NST tackled two of the games we saw last night; even if one is a digital-only battle royale and the other is a remake it's still nice to see them managing their own projects again after over half a decade of support. If anything, I hope MvDK can eventually lead to a new installment following that gameplay formula (AKA DK94 3); Mario Party and Paper Mario are pretty much in the same boat right now too (remake that returns to fan-favourite gameplay forumla), so we'll have to see how they each evolve from here.
My how time flies...

Remember that short period of time where they were releasing a bunch of multiplayer coop games?? like federation force, triforce heroes, kirby boss fighter thing...

We need games like that, but make them better lol.

Switch_Library_2024.png

This was the strategy for the 3DS during the first few years of the Switch. Lots of remasters and low-budget games to keep it alive until the new system establishes itself.

tfw someone just blatantly delcares they never bothered to look at a carefully curated OP that has the exact info they want
Sorry

Edit: Okay, so I looked through it all. Isn't there like 2 Zelda teams within that one group? Seems like we rotate 2D and 3D zeldas and we usually do not say that the 2D Zelda impaired the 3D Zelda's development time.

It also says that the 3D mario team has an unannounced 2D game in the works. Is that not Mario Wonder also? (I know that is listed under the 2d mario team)

Last edited:

Neither are huge.

Not necessarily the most realistic, but what an arc for NST if they became the F-Zero team.

But even with F-Zero 99 I'm not sure Nintendo would trust them (or the IP) to jump right into a new F-Zero before doing something like a GX remake.

Back
Top Bottom