• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens, famiboards will shatter into a million little pieces in 10 minutes.

This is such a fun and low stakes hype cycle imo now that we know it's definitively coming this week. Sure, maybe not as unhinged with speculation, but it's comforting every once in a while to know concretely.

When the Direct isn't announced in 16 minutes:

star-wars-anakin-skywalker.gif
YSatKbE.png

10 minutes until SpongeBob AND Monty Mole potentially both pay for their crimes.

I do wonder if they will specifically mention TotK when the Direct is actually announced.
They haven't done a game-specific mention in a Direct announcement in a couple years imo, however, TotK is their biggest game since Mario Odyssey and it's not like the release date is a surprise anymore, so I could actually see some combination of "games releasing in the first half/in the rest of 2023, including The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom"

Last week at this time we were expecting a Direct announcement but got a random marketing tweet for the new Spongebob game instead. So many people were refreshing Famiboards at the time that it killed the servers for a bit lol

A week ago, there was still hope of the direct being annouced on January 31th. We were doing the usual countdown, only for the first tweet from NOA to be about a Spongebob game.

Famiboards crashed a for while around that time.
Oh wait I was here for this, I even saw people talking about it on Twitter, plus I even checked NoA’s account myself before I checked Fami LOL

How did I forget that already

Does the Feb 9 maintenance mean anything?
Maintenance never really means anything, if a Direct happens on the 9th we really shouldn't point to that as an indicator. For all we know, the Direct could be on the 9th, or something with NSO, any updates, etc. could just hit on Thursday, the day after a potential direct on Wednesday.

Tomorrow is a much better direct time than Thursday for me, so really hope the announcement does come in 6 minutes

Since this will likely be my final post in this thread due to the slowing down of the site, it's been fun speculating with you all. If not, see you in an hour, and if not, see you tomorrow LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom