• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three things:

1 - Can false leakers stop coming up with ridiculous subtitles for mp4.
2 - Nintendo will never show both mp4 and the metroid prime remaster, if that exists.
3 - any direct "leak" where most of its games arent absurd and underwhelming like a barbie game, star fox zero remaster or 300 farming jrpgs (like the last direct) is simply not real.

It has fzero, Mario sports mix, and leads with Zelda. Since it gets me excited, it’s fake :(

EDIT: wait I didn’t even see the second page. Odyssey 2?? Yeah it’s fake. This would be too incredible lol

Take the purple pill for "NINTENDO GO BIG AND CONFIRM MOST 2023 FIRST PARTY RELEASES"

Take the yellow pill for "nintendo go smol apart from Zelda and leave everybody panicking about the second half 2023"

Take both pills for 43 minutes of Wario noises

Take the purple pill for "NINTENDO GO BIG AND CONFIRM MOST 2023 FIRST PARTY RELEASES"

Take the yellow pill for "nintendo go smol apart from Zelda and leave everybody panicking about the second half 2023"

Take both pills for 43 minutes of Wario noises
Purple Pikmins were always my favorites anyway.

Easy giveaway is the lack of any new 3rd party reveals. It's just ports and previously announced games. There's always something new.
This. There are always rumours of first party games, so its easy to fake them. But third party are not, and there is always new reveals, so any "complete" list that doesn't contain them are fake.

It seems Nintendo use to turn down a lot of game ideas. I’m thinking that was in the past and the new Nintendo is much more open to ideas, as seen with all these collaborations.

Why does Nintendo hate Reteo lol

This was more Retro's leadership as of 2014 not really caring that much about employee suggestions. (which Erik was obviously annoyed by going by the video)

But Vince Joly was Retro's leadership as of 2014 and he left to go to work on The Sims so who knows now.

This happens every direct. Nintendo is not going to print out a list of games in a direct. It’s crazy that people still try to pass it off as legit.

This happens every direct. Nintendo is not going to print out a list of games in a direct. It’s crazy that people still try to pass it off as legit.

So, at e3 2019, Nintendo showed the entire Direct presentation (except TotK) to all journalists a few days before it officially aired to allow them to do pre-writes about the games shown.

I don't know if they've done that for other Directs.

giphy.gif

People who make these fake lists really need to watch an actual direct lol, even a mini partner showcase has more third party games shown than this.
They should also pay attention to third party release dates then they wont make mistakes like the wrong release date for story of seasons: a wonderful life

The most mismanaged Nintendo franchise ever. Starfox has so much sales and critical reception potential.

The video sold me dream about a crazy ambitious never made Star Fox game until the very end when it actually reveals it was just a design doc barely finished that Nintendo probably never even knew about lol

I like the pitch though because I want Star Fox to stay an on-ship shooter, to stay true to its arcade rail shooter roots.

I don't even remember what this copypasta was about originally but it always makes me laugh.
The original was about Metroid to my knowledge:

That reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Metroid but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement.

That reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Metroid but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement.
me and the entire metroid server at the tga 2018

Channeling Mike Stoklasa:

METROID PRIME 4: Retribution
METROID PRIME 4: Retaliation
METROID PRIME 4: Reconstitution
METROID PRIME 4: Redemption
METROID PRIME 4: Revolution
METROID PRIME 4: Revulsion
METROID PRIME 4: Repudiation
METROID PRIME 4: Regulation
METROID PRIME 4: Rectification
METROID PRIME 4: Refraction
METROID PRIME 4: Refortification
METROID PRIME 4: Resurrection
METROID PRIME 4: Reevaluation
METROID PRIME 4: Refrigeration
METROID PRIME 4: Ribbed for her pleasure

Also Splatoon 3: Jelly Expansion is so obviously derivative (Octo Expansion but with jelly!), it screams "fake Direct" all by itself.

Aw fuck, really? So the soonest Valheim could show up on Switch if ever is 2024 after a year from the Xbox release?
Yeah, the game is made by just two Swedish guys and they're very active on reddit. They told there that the game should be exclusive to Xbox for some period of time. But the good news is that it's being ported by Fishlabs, a studio who's very familiar with Switch. I'm guessing Switch will get it at the same time the game comes out of Early Access.

We might see The Raft on Switch before that, possibly in the coming Direct. Both are very similar games.

"Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement"

I love how gaming enthusiasts on the internet have absolutely no idea how marketing or anything else works. I don't know in which universe it makes sense to cancel an appearance you paid showfloor space for a mere day before it happens just because some people on the internet expect to see something you clearly said wouldn't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom