• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we gonna ignore Nate's "nine(!)" comment? I feel like that was a hint for the 9th. But it's either the 8th or the 9th, so we've only got one less than a week left. Exciting times.
Oh I thought he was teasing the factorial 9! of 362,880 games coming to Switch this year

It'll be resurrected again, it never truly dies
16d1f8ef895435f8da6a3d82a9115770e1ce82ba.gifv

Its why i am so excited for this next direct, if it is filled with alot of remasters for instance we already getting Kirby this month in February, then Nintendo is obviously trying to fill some holes
Nintendo can fill my hole anytime

(My mouth with delicious food at Super Nintendo world)

Oh I thought he was teasing the factorial 9! of 362,880 games coming to Switch this year
Okay yeah I expect around that many games to come to Switch this year but remove all the weird ecchi shovelware from the count and how many does that actually leave?

I have lost all my cope, someone pease tell me rhythm heaven is not dead and that it will release soon so I can become a bigger clown then the team January people again.

What is it whit all the Nine all the Sudden, what does it mean?
Jokes. Nate was on twitter ripping the 4chan style "leaks" where they'll have like 9 games by Nintendo and then zero third party games, and people are just joking about the "9" being a hint.

Just shitposing the evening away, is all.

Jokes. Nate was on twitter ripping the 4chan style "leaks" where they'll have like 9 games by Nintendo and then zero third party games, and people are just joking about the "9" being a hint.

Just shitposing the evening away, is all.

"Evening" you say??? My clock says 9:00 (!) and I haven't got much planned today.

Yes, I actually waited 10 minutes watching a cursor blink before posting this, no I have no regrets, life is good and I need no help

Honestly I don't understand why Nintendo, the famously secretive company who have thus far revealed the absolute minimum information about their most anticipated game over four years of it being public, would tell either ESA or ReedPop (especially the latter) "yeah lol we just don't have much in the second half of this year woo yeah sorry never mind" (this is a deliberately flippant articulation for the sake of humour).

Especially then when the first source for this information happens to be an employee of the ReedPop group. That's the kind of leaky leaky no control over the narrative scenario that Nintendo would want to avoid. I feel a little like sources are inferring - from Nintendo's decision not to attend E3, the lack of confirmed Switch titles post Zelda, and the Switch's age - that there's not that much planned.

Like yes, obviously, nobody is saying the release schedule is coming to a complete halt. But if the other rumour pile is correct and Nintendo aren't on track with new hardware, then winding down their only major revenue stream seems a suspiciously odd move. They can't magic software from nowhere, of course, but it's not as if there's any sign they're struggling for games, either.

I dunno. I kinda think 2023 is going to be suspiciously normal.

I have a deal for Nintendo, a good one.

They just move Zelda's release date to February and i'm willing to wait until September for a Direct. Everyone wins!

Just got flashbacks to the Xenoblade Limited Edition disaster.

Hope they don’t handle anything Zelda related in the near future…

Nah, Xenoblade 3 was an exception due to the rather quickly made/short framed decision to switch release dates with Splatoon 3.
They simply weren't able to produce enough CE stuff for a worldwide release in the shortened timeframe.

Pretty sure the Xeno 3 CE would've been available at every retailer if they didn't switcheroo it.

Engage's Divine Edition for example was already back to normal. ^^

I wonder if I can finally have in 2023 Sotn on Switch, come on Konami just create your own ps1 emulator and trow Chronichles in the pack, how hard it can be after Suikoden I&II

It's been a while since I posted in hype/speculation threads. Life has been so busy 🥲

Anywho, this week for some reason I just went all out buying games, most of them sprite based too lol. I recently got Live A Live, Tactics Ogre Reborn, pre ordered Octopath 2 and I will be picking up Bayonetta 3 today.

No idea how I'll finish them all when I still have to finish P5 Strikers, Three Hopes, Sparks of Hope and currently playing FE Engage.

In addition, I plan to get Totk, P4/P3 (when they go on sale or get physical release) and Rain Code (New game from Danganronpa author) this year.

Therefore I have a hot take, I don't mind if Zelda is the last major game of 2023, there's so many games to play and not enough time 😭.

"February doesn't exist, you can't prove it. Only January exists." - Atheists.

It's about time you all admit to your sins and convert to team February.

In other news, thanks to Pizza Tower I cand of both want to and don't want to see another Wario platformer. I want to because Pizza Tower shows that the formula still works and not because I'm not sure any Wario game can match the catharsis of Pizza Tower's final boss.

Looks like they also update the NSUID for Marvel Midnights Sun, Disney Speedstorm, Sea of Stars and the Mickey Mouse 2D Game.
These games and the start of the preorders can be potential announcements for the possible next direct (in form of trailer or as a part of the reel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom