• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think that the new 2D Mario will get online?
It kinda worked after a while, and everyone needs a stable connection. Doubt that the whole campain would be playable in online (but again, it will probably be playable in local co-op so you will get limited on what could actually be seen with other 3 players on the screen). I think they will introduce some online type mode with the game and that's it.
as usual with the mario 2d games it will be the cheapest most unoriginal game nintendo can make. Therefore it wont feature a single online feature.

I hope a new Ace Attorney…

Features a more sandbox gameplay with fully 3D models.

Multiplatform for all consoles (Switch, PS4/5, XO/SS-X, PC)

Fall 2023.

Last game was GAA2 released at mid 2017, will be +6 years and almost 7 years as AA6 was released back in late 2016….

Remastered ports of the Digital Devil Saga games would be nice and something I don't think is completely outside the realm of possibility.

Does this mean that the game is releasing soon???

IIRC, you have to have a playable build to get ESRB rating, so I think PEGI should be the same. ESRB doesn't rate games that don't exist. Usually games get released in less than a year after they get rated.
Remastered ports of the Digital Devil Saga games would be nice and something I don't think is completely outside the realm of possibility.
There are tons of options for Atlus to remaster and yes, Digital Devil Saga should be at top of the line. Personally I can't decide what I want from them. DDS and Devil Summoner collection would look awesome in HD but I also want some VanillaWare games on my OLED. The recent ones, Muramasa and that PSP game we never got: Grand Knights History.

IIRC, you have to have a playable build to get ESRB rating, so I think PEGI should be the same. ESRB doesn't rate games that don't exist. Usually games get released in less than a year after they get rated.

There are tons of options for Atlus to remaster and yes, Digital Devil Saga should be at top of the line. Personally I can't decide what I want from them. DDS and Devil Summoner collection would look awesome in HD but I also want some VanillaWare games on my OLED. The recent ones, Muramasa and that PSP game we never got: Grand Knights History.

For better or worse Marvelous are the ones who've got the rights to Muramasa. No telling if that makes it more likely or not it'll ever come to new hardware.

Well, we don't need hopium for AA at all, the series is pretty much alive. No one doubts there will be more AA on Switch but the real question is what it will be. More remasters? Great AA 3? AA7? Investigations 3? (personally I hope it's not AA7. AA6 was insufferable)
THAT'S ENOUGH

For better or worse Marvelous are the ones who've got the rights to Muramasa. No telling if that makes it more likely or not it'll ever come to new hardware.
IIRC, Muramasa and Grand Knights History were published by Marvelous but they're owned by the studio itself (though I'm not sure about it). I always thought only way for those games to get remastered was Atlus.

we have known pikmin 4 was (relatively) soon from the beginning. you don't make water bottles and t-shirts for a "now in development" reveal

we have known pikmin 4 was (relatively) soon from the beginning. you don't make water bottles and t-shirts for a "now in development" reveal
I thought it would be a late 2023 release given the nature of the reveal. A vague 2023 release date, a few environment shots, and a gameplay screenshot? Didn't look promising. But that rating is really good news.

I thought it would be a late 2023 release given the nature of the reveal. A vague 2023 release date, a few environment shots, and a gameplay screenshot? Didn't look promising. But that rating is really good news.
Me too. My expectation still is that Pikmin 4 is going to be main holiday game.

due to PEGI rating I can be wrong and game is releasing sooner, july? august? september?

just imagine is they can pull a 2 month big title sequence like zelda totk -> 2d mario -> pikmin 4 -> metroid prime 4 -> epd donkey kong -> kid icarus uprising ultimate

If Pikmin 4 is a summer release, I could see it getting a trailer Soon and maybe some playable levels on the E3 floor

yeah it could've been later but 2024 was kind of out of the question barring a serious mishap

Me too. My expectation still is that Pikmin 4 is going to be main holiday game.

due to PEGI rating I can be wrong and game is releasing sooner, july? august? september?

just imagine is they can pull a 2 month big title sequence like zelda totk -> 2d mario -> pikmin 4 -> metroid prime 4 -> epd donkey kong -> kid icarus uprising ultimate
I like Pikmin, but it isn't main holiday title material. Not by a long shot. Theoretically it could be moved forward if something else got pushed back.

I really thought Pikmin was going to be in October. Thrilled it’s probably coming sooner than later. June/July/August would be awesome. Might be fun for us all to reevaluate our monthly line up guesses.

If Pikmin 4 is a summer release, I could see it getting a trailer Soon and maybe some playable levels on the E3 floor
That reminds me. Damn I hope I can have my first E3 experience this year. I've always wanted to go. The show floor dates are a few days before my 21st birthday too. It would be an amazing experience.

Where is the rating info from? The only thing I can find is the provisional PEGI rating, which literally means nothing.

GET READY FUCKOS

JULY 7, 2023
I gotchu

0OGAiCi.png

it's counterintuitive but I think you want fewer games

september had 43 games in it so they spent an average of a little over a minute on each, and the mode datum is obviously way worse

the games fly by so they feel like nothing, we need more time spent on each
I like a mix, really. Having a lot of rapid-fire games is good, but I do think they could spend a bit more time on some of them. Earlier in the Switch life they would usually do a "Direct featuring <GAME>" and that game would get like 5-10 minutes of the Direct as more of a deep dive, and I kind of miss that. Just don't go as far as E3 2018 with Smash, for that kind of thing go ahead and give it its own Direct.

I like a mix, really. Having a lot of rapid-fire games is good, but I do think they could spend a bit more time on some of them. Earlier in the Switch life they would usually do a "Direct featuring <GAME>" and that game would get like 5-10 minutes of the Direct as more of a deep dive, and I kind of miss that. Just don't go as far as E3 2018 with Smash, for that kind of thing go ahead and give it its own Direct.
Yeah, I agree with this. I think this Direct will go back to that style though. Nintendo needs to fully reveal TOTK.

How do you search for Pegi ratings? I’m trying to a view a source for it, but I can’t seem to find it like you can with ESRB. If Pikmin did get properly rated here’s my calendar of guesses.

January - Fire Emblem Engage
February - Kirby and Octopath II
March - Bayonetta Origins and Everybody 1-2 Switch
April - Mario Movie, Mario Kart Wave 4, and Metroid Prime HD
May - Zelda TK
June - F-Zero GX HD and 2D Mario
July - Pikmin 4 and Advance Wars
August - Xenoblade Expansion and Mario Kart Wave 5
September - Some RPG Mario thing and Splatoon 3 DLC?
October - Fortune Street and Mario and Rabbids Rayman DLC?
November Donkey Kong and Pokemon DLC
December Zelda TK DLC and Mario Kart Wave 6

Somewhere in 2023 - New Box Boy and Style Savvy

Edit: Throw Pikmin 4 back in October I guess with the poster above me not finding anything…

yeahing out of respect for your opinion but I disagree. rapid fire announcements don't give me a chance to be sold on anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom