• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST4| Tears of the Speculation

What team are you joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
False hope of Pikmin 4 being rated was nice while it lasted. I’m back in October for it given the reveal didn’t have any gameplay and they barely showed one weird screenshot.

I hope a new Ace Attorney…

Features a more sandbox gameplay with fully 3D models.

Multiplatform for all consoles (Switch, PS4/5, XO/SS-X, PC)

Fall 2023.

Last game was GAA2 released at mid 2017, will be +6 years and almost 7 years as AA6 was released back in late 2016….
In this new world of Ace Attorney, the player's choices matter. When confronted by bandits, Phoenix has the option to either resort to violence, or to calmly probe them for information. The bandits will remember how you treated them—as will Detective Gumshoe.

yeahing out of respect for your opinion but I disagree. rapid fire announcements don't give me a chance to be sold on anything
Fair enough. I don't mean sizzle-reel short, but around a minute or two is fine for me. Basically a decent-length trailer and maybe a bit of VO.

One good thing about this year is we'll be getting E3 treehouse again to go much more in-depth

just asked the guy on stream, the source is the provisional rating on the initial reveal...

go ahead and take july 7th off your calendars

I just mentally slotted Pikmin 4 in as H2-but-sometime-before-November from the moment it was announced and I'm sticking to it.

today I learned that my usual skepticism against random youtube videos goes out the window when it's about pikmin

I bought Fire Emblem Engage not really sure what I would think. I'm not really into strategy games and I've never thoroughly played an FE game (I played a bit of Three Houses but didn't really care for it). I got Engage because I needed something new to play and I thought I'd give the series a second try.

This game is fucking incredible. I'm absolutely hooked. I know there's a lot of meme-ing here about how we spend more time speculating about games than actually playing them, but for me, that's actually been the truth... until now, lol. Every moment I can get my hands on Engage, I'm playing it.

Another thing: I'm taking my TIME with this game. Normally, when a new game comes out, I don't actually make use of all the features and extra content (side quests, weapon/armor enhancements, etc). But that's not the case here. I've been running all over the Somniel between battles, levelling up characters or bonds or Emblems or weapons or WHATEVER, however I can. I'm doing all the Skirmishes and DLC stages (yes, I bought the DLC because I am loving the game so much). I'm about 10 hours in and haven't yet started Chapter 7 (which might be normal for most; I honestly don't know because normally I race through this sort of thing).

Engage might just turn me into a Fire Emblem fan.

Stop thinking it’s coming July or earlier. You should know how Nintendo works. The game barely got a snippet of a showing. Next time we’ll see a lot more be it now or E3 for an August or later release.

Damn, Persona was right, life really will change.

I just didn't expect it to change so rapidly.

If is like what happens here (Brazil) some ratings take a little time to show up on Rating Board websites... I presume the info was taken from another database
nope, I asked the guy and he was just going off the provisional rating in the reveal

I'm just saying we only got three key artpieces for Pikmin 4 in September and that was it. Metroid Prime 4 was announced in 2017 with a title logo and we're still waiting for it. Skyward Sword got a mock-up of Fi in an E3 backroom conference, and it took a year and a half afterwards for the game to get released.

I'm glad my pessimism was wholly incorrect should these ratings hold true, but for a forum that puts a lot of stock in patterns, I think it's not entirely unwarranted to be a little jaded about Nintendo's commitment to release years. Tbh I'm still bearish on Pikmin 4 getting any more attention in the next Direct if it's not releasing before the latter half of the year.

Umcc7WYgQPDEOoC--CEucwZYg7gJ0hBHalkqU6SyPmw.jpg
Found it! Third row, 8th letter D go diagonal down next row O and diagonal down next row G.

The Metroid Prime 4 years later development update video tomorrow is going to be epic.
We have decided to re-reexamine the development structure and change it again. Specifically, Tanabe will work in collaboration with the studio that originally began development on Metroid Prime 4, Bandai Namco, and restart development from the beginning. Third time's the charm!

I'm just saying we only got three key artpieces for Pikmin 4 in September and that was it. Metroid Prime 4 was announced in 2017 with a title logo and we're still waiting for it. Skyward Sword got a mock-up of Fi in an E3 backroom conference, and it took a year and a half afterwards for the game to get released.

I'm glad my pessimism was wholly incorrect should these ratings hold true, but for a forum that puts a lot of stock in patterns, I think it's not entirely unwarranted to be a little jaded about Nintendo's commitment to release years. Tbh I'm still bearish on Pikmin 4 getting any more attention in the next Direct if it's not releasing before the latter half of the year.
they didn't launch a collection of metroid prime 4 merch when they announced it though

they didn't launch a collection of metroid prime 4 merch when they announced it though
Is it bad that the reason I didn't immediately buy one of everything is that I didn't like the designs compared to earlier official Pikmin merch shirts I've seen at the Nintendo Store in NYC and have subsequently completely forgotten about it since 😅

Naw but you right though, makes sense if the merch is already coming then it's probably further along than we thought. Still, I'd be shocked if we see more of the game before June. Hope I'm wrong on that count too, but only time will tell and our collective patience wears thin lol

The only thing I know that's true about Metroid prime 4 is that it's going to make for a great essay video about its development

One of Us! One of Us!

But for real, glad to see you getting into it, make sure to drop by the ST to talk it with other fans.
Haha I’m glad to get to join the club!

I’ve been avoiding the ST in fear of spoilers. I know nothing about what happens later in the game and I’d like to learn it as I play without getting it ruined for me. Would you say that it’s safe to visit the ST? Do people respect the spoiler tags and all that?

Give me an honest answer, because I’ll certainly hop in… but only if you think it’s safe in regards to spoilers! :D

Haha I’m glad to get to join the club!

I’ve been avoiding the ST in fear of spoilers. I know nothing about what happens later in the game and I’d like to learn it as I play without getting it ruined for me. Would you say that it’s safe to visit the ST? Do people respect the spoiler tags and all that?

Give me an honest answer, because I’ll certainly hop in… but only if you think it’s safe in regards to spoilers! :D
There are a lot of names and some general story discussion going on in there. If you see trying to stay as blind as possible I'd stay away. But definitely stood by once you've beat the game.

There are a lot of names and some general story discussion going on in there. If you see trying to stay as blind as possible I'd stay away. But definitely stood by once you've beat the game.
Thank you! I’ll stay away for now, but hopefully hop in once I’m done the game. Might be a while, though 😂

I keep trying to forget about a possible Kid Icarus Uprising port, every time i see an image of the game on a thumbnail it brings me back oh no.
It makes too much sense for Nintendo to do it.

Just saw another 'Direct Date' video... my god. There have been more "rumor/leak" Direct dates this month than there will be actual Direct presentations in 2023.
You decide to take a break from leaking for one Direct and already there's a power vacuum tryina be filled

And sometimes you want to save those poor people in the comments, but then you realize that they commented on a YouTube video, there’s no hope for them.

You just went with the latest sensible dates I'm assuming?
not even the latest really

february 15: after the earnings and, even better, two weeks before the splatoon season

june 13: morning before e3 opens up

september 20: tgs is a tad late this year, from my understanding this would be the appropriate timing based on precedent

False hope of Pikmin 4 being rated was nice while it lasted. I’m back in October for it given the reveal didn’t have any gameplay and they barely showed one weird screenshot.
It's always felt like an October or November game (November if they don't have a big release planned for that month), which has always been sad to me seeing as how I want it sooner rather than later 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom