• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks god those BS 4Chan Leaks are Fake AF… but yeah at least they’re trying and they are Fun to lock at 😂

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/599813121/nintendo-direct-06142022

My friend was contracted to help put together the direct for next month and he told me a few things about it.

• No BOTW 2, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess instead. Wind Waker is apparently releasing first on august 26, twilight Princess coming october 14

• Ever Oasis is getting the Miitopia treatment, coming September 16

• Metroid Prime: Redux, apparently reworked controls including the ability to use joy con like the Wii controls, visually looks insane, probably up there with Luigi’s mansion in terms of visual fidelity. November 18.

• New IP from Gust called “Path of Nemonia” straight up Tales of rip-off lmfao, looks pretty good though. 2023.

• Sushi Strikers 2, same character from the first game, you now run around and collect plates instead of just sliding your finger across the screen to collect. Demo releasing shortly after the direct, releases July 8th

• Fantasy Life 2 + Fantasy Life remastered, Remastered looks similar to the work put into Miitopia and Ever Oasis, simple upres, includes the origin island dlc. Releases December 2, Fantasy Life 2 is just a logo similar to the original but with a 2, coming 2023.

• Sizzle reel featuring games getting ported, mainly WB stuff. Witcher 2, The batman games, mad max, shadow of Mordor and War collection. All coming this year.

• Naruto: The Ninja Way from Bandai, VERY similar to DBZ Kakarot, Mostly footage of Naruto running around Konoha with a cut to black with sasuke saying some edgy shit to finish the trailer. Late 2023.

• Metroid Prime 4 is the last reveal, visually similar to Prime Redux, very short trailer with Samus just walking down a dark hall, and then turning and pointing her hand cannon at the screen, she shoots, screen turns to black. March 3, 2023.
[SPOILER/]

Thanks god those BS 4Chan Leaks are Fake AF… but yeah at least they’re trying and they are Fun to lock at 😂

My friend was contracted to help put together the direct for next month and he told me a few things about it.

• No BOTW 2, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess instead. Wind Waker is apparently releasing first on august 26, twilight Princess coming october 14

• Metroid Prime: Redux, apparently reworked controls including the ability to use joy con like the Wii controls, visually looks insane, probably up there with Luigi’s mansion in terms of visual fidelity. November 18.

• New IP from Gust called “Path of Nemonia” straight up Tales of rip-off lmfao, looks pretty good though. 2023.

• Sushi Strikers 2, same character from the first game, you now run around and collect plates instead of just sliding your finger across the screen to collect. Demo releasing shortly after the direct, releases July 8th

• Fantasy Life 2 + Fantasy Life remastered, Remastered looks similar to the work put into Miitopia and Ever Oasis, simple upres, includes the origin island dlc. Releases December 2, Fantasy Life 2 is just a logo similar to the original but with a 2, coming 2023.

• Sizzle reel featuring games getting ported, mainly WB stuff. Witcher 2, The batman games, mad max, shadow of Mordor and War collection. All coming this year.

• Naruto: The Ninja Way from Bandai, VERY similar to DBZ Kakarot, Mostly footage of Naruto running around Konoha with a cut to black with sasuke saying some edgy shit to finish the trailer. Late 2023.

• Metroid Prime 4 is the last reveal, visually similar to Prime Redux, very short trailer with Samus just walking down a dark hall, and then turning and pointing her hand cannon at the screen, she shoots, screen turns to black. March 3, 2023.
[SPOILER/]
They now added 3rd party games but still fake:
-Sushi Striker flopped there is almost no chance Nintendo goes back to it
-Fantasy Life 1/2 have almost no chance , not only Level-5 almost always announces his games themselves and with a lot more time before releases than 6 months but they also burned bridges with Nintendo so low chance of Nintendo supporting the game as much as they did with the 1st one
-Bamco big anime games have been shown by Xbox or streams of the anime the game is based on in the last couple of years and even if they are not shown in the Xbox presentation they are skipping Switch day 1 lol

Last edited:
2681964-fantasy%20life.jpg

I'd pay good money for a Fantasy Life 2 that properly realizes the artwork. sogood.gif

I still have a sliver of hope that the direct will air 8-9th. Like, without E3, maybe they won’t stick to “E3 time”. They might not even do treehouse, but save treehouse for later, like they did in 2020.

Haven’t been following much. Any credibility to the rumor that Nintendo may break things up into smaller presentations over June?

If true what’s the justification? Why would Nintendo decide “Nintendo Directs work so well, let’s not do that lets break it up.”

Haven’t been following much. Any credibility to the rumor that Nintendo may break things up into smaller presentations over June?

If true what’s the justification? Why would Nintendo decide “Nintendo Directs work so well, let’s not do that lets break it up.”
0 credibility

I'd take a Pokémon with a new Scarlet & Violet trailer + a new game or a first look for Detective Pikachu. TCG Live should get another beta later this year, would be nice if they also announced a Switch version with it.

I'd pay good money for a Fantasy Life 2 that properly realizes the artwork. sogood.gif
Level-5 had the perfect opportunity to not only improve on the first Fantasy Life through a sequel, but also had an excellent setup for spinoffs in other genres like Scifi Life & Modern Life and squandered it.

If Treehouse happens it will probably not have EPD developers, which is a shame. I doubt they will fly to USA just for Treehouse segments, when there is E3 it's different since they also have many interviews, mettings etc.

I dream about a game where Fantasy Life, Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon and the like fuse together. This kind of genre still feels very unexplored and holds so much potential imo.

Imagine a Procedural created World where you can choose your plot for a Animal Crossing Town. Later down the path you may build another town and you can connect these 2 by railway/road. Add in a sprinkle of Dragon Quest Builders 2 town interaction and you have my dream game.

If Treehouse happens it will probably not have EPD developers, which is a shame. I doubt they will fly to USA just for Treehouse segments, when there is E3 it's different since they also have many interviews, mettings etc.
Unless NCL decides to record footage you'd usually have in Treehouse segments in Japan and have them localised for the rest of the world. Since E3 isn't a thing this year anyway (and who knows about next year), they might opt for that. Not getting my hopes up, though.

[SPOILER/]
It's a shame this is super duper fake because an Ever Oasis port is something I'd really like to see.

[SPOILER/]
prime 4 leapfrogging zelda would be fucking insane

Imagine if the Zelda delay wasn't announced. We'd sit here all giddy, counting down the days.

Now, I'm just nervous.

[SPOILER/]
I'd be all over that sushi striker sequel 😢

[SPOILER/]

This one actually did some work, I'm impressed. Naruto getting the DBZ Kakarot treatment actually makes a lot of sense, tho I wish we would get a DBZ Karakot sequel instead. Guts doing a Tales of ripoff is pretty imaginative, too. I don't see the Switch getting all the Batman games tho, unless Arkham Knight and Origins are Cloud. Witcher 2 I could see happen, however. Cloud also for Shadow of Mordor/War. No BOTW2 would be disappointing. This might be one of the more believable 4chan leaks so far lol.

-Fantasy Life 1/2 have almost no chance , not only Level-5 almost always announces his games themselves and with a lot more time before releases than 6 months but they also burned bridges with Nintendo so low chance of Nintendo supporting the game as much as they did with the 1st one
Could you explain what you mean by burned bridges? What happened there, I've never heard of this.
Wish Level-5 would still put out games like on DS and 3DS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom