• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing DK/FE and Pokemon would already make the month for me, especially alongside the expected stuff

He’s ready, Nintendo!

15b4e607-de19-4132-94af-b7d5265d300c-N3DS_DKCR3D_artwork_07.jpg

We get a new DK game and see more of Xenoblade 3. Then the final game announcement is Monolith making a DK RPG game. chefs kiss
Something I wonder is when Monolith will make a game with a Nintendo IP (that isn’t from Monolith Soft origin) at one point they will do it I think . I’m not saying it will be DK btw just that I find it curious what IP they would use, Ig the one with the biggest chance is Zelda?

Something I wonder is when Monolith will make a game with a Nintendo IP (that isn’t from Monolith Soft origin) at one point they will do it I think . I’m not saying it will be DK btw just that I find it curious what IP they would use, Ig the one with the biggest chance is Zelda?

My knee jerk thought was Fire Emblem but that franchise is pretty well covered.

If they took on a lesser used/abandoned franchise, Golden Sun would be awesome.

My knee jerk thought was Fire Emblem but that franchise is pretty well covered.

If they took on a lesser used/abandoned franchise, Golden Sun would be awesome.
Golden Sun would always be under Camelot, only way Monolith Soft is involved would be as support team or co-developer which I could see it happening if Nintendo decides to revive it they are the best support team Nintendo has for the franchise.

Golden Sun/Mother/Zelda

We got a new Fanfiction / Fake / BS / 4Chan Nintendo Direct Leak! Here ya go :)

• Nintendo Direct this summer on June 14
  • Scheduled announcement on social network channels on June 2.
  • Duration of the presentation will be 40 minutes +/-

Content:
  • The Direct kicks off with the 2nd wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass.

Zelda Segment:

• Zelda The WildWaker HD coming to Nintendo Switch on September 23.
  • Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC is coming to the Nintendo Switch online expansion pack
  • The name of Zelda Breath of the Wild sequel is revealed: Prayers of the Powers + release date on March 3, 2023. Amiibo for the game will be released and gameplay in the Treehouse will be shown.
  • Botw2 Trailer "Hyrule's other world" (2min)

Third Party Segment
  • Fall Guys + Super Mario Bone Skin Kune 21
  • More Indie Games like No Man Sky in August 2022
  • Developer Update on Genshin Impact by miHoYo

• Metroid Prime HD to be released on Nintendo Switch on October 7
  • Miyamoto and Koizumi show first trailer for Super Mario movie which hits theaters in April

Koizumi stays and mentions that he wants to show us a new game:
  • Donkey Kong The Jungle Saga
  • to be released for Nintendo Switch on February 17, 2023 + Treehouse Gameplay

More Third Games + Updates
  • Nintendo Switch Sports Eleven Meter Mode (leg strap).
  • Hollownight Silksong Trailer
  • Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope on August 29th for Nintendo Switch

• Splatoon 3 Direct announcement for July! + Treehouse Gameplay
  • Bayonetta 3 overview trailer 4min + release on October 27.
  • 3-4 Switch announcement (1-2 Switch successor) to be released on November 10 + Treehouse Gameplay
  • Nintendo Direct ends with trailer for Metroid Prime 4 - 2023.

Last edited:

Content:

• Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC is coming to the Nintendo Switch online expansion pack
  • The name of Zelda Breath of the Wild sequel is revealed: Prayers of the Powers + release date on March 3, 2023. Amiibo for the game will be released and gameplay in the Treehouse will be shown.

- Fall Guys + Super Mario Bone Skin
June 21

- Donkey Kong The Jungle Saga
to be released for Nintendo Switch on February 17, 2023 + Treehouse Gameplay

• Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
on August 29th for Nintendo Switch

to be released on November 10 + Treehouse Gameplay
Slightly more original this time at least, but still 0 mentions of unreleased 3rd party games that haven't been announced yet and full of already announced/rumored 1st party games. 2/10

Content:
- The Direct kicks off with the 2nd wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass.

Zelda Segment:

Third Party Segment
- Fall Guys + Super Mario Bone Skin
June 21

- Metroid Prime HD to be released on Nintendo Switch on October 7

- Miyamoto and Koizumi show first trailer for Super Mario movie which hits theaters in April

- Donkey Kong The Jungle Saga
to be released for Nintendo Switch on February 17, 2023 + Treehouse Gameplay

• Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
on August 29th for Nintendo Switch

- Splatoon 3 Direct announcement for July! + Treehouse Gameplay

- Bayonetta 3 overview trailer 4min + release on October 27.

- 3-4 Switch announcement (1-2 Switch successor)
to be released on November 10 + Treehouse Gameplay

- Nintendo Direct ends with trailer for Metroid Prime 4 - 2023.
At least this one is realistic? And that BOTW2 title is unique.

Golden Sun would always be under Camelot, only way Monolith Soft is involved would be as support team or co-developer which I could see it happening if Nintendo decides to revive it they are the best support team Nintendo has for the franchise.

We can only hope!

I’m pretty sure Monolith said they don’t want to depend on Nintendo IP’s so I only see them making new IP’s.

With that said if there was one IP I can see them trying it would be Zelda. They already have a group created for Zelda. I could see them trying an ARPG for the series or maybe something more traditional

I’m sometimes be surprised that fake 4chan leaks don’t want to risk with third parties announcements on nintendo directs…

like imo for next june direct i predict we will see…

• one of the sega remakes that are planning to release this FY, my prediction is a nights into dreams (including the christmas title) remake
  • a capcom title, my wish is a new resident evil but wouldn’t be surprised if its a new megaman game (best case would be both lol).
  • if batman collection is real and the tentative release date is right (late august), an announcement in june direct is the best timing.
  • square-enix always have a role in directs, my guess this time are either final fantasy pixel remasters or a dual fft/tactics ogre remasters announcements…
  • bandai-namco like also to have presence on directs, but don’t know what they can announce (assuming they aren’t porting their internal titles like tekken, soul calibur, ace combat, etc). I think they have plans to release a new big budget dragon ball game, but probably will be announced at microsoft conference (like previous games).
  • I can see Konami announcing a new castlevania title on june direct if its planning to be release this year. Otherwise, its likely it will be announced later.
  • if rumours about some popular first person shooter hitting switch (like borderlands 3, cod or destiny 2) are real, i can see one of them being announced now. If they want to go hard for more push on the usa market, they can announced both 3 lol.
  • iirc, ark system works said that they wan to port gg strive to nintendo and microsoft consoles, i think it can have its own headline as the game received good reviews and would be considered as an impossible port.
  • we always get a sizzle reel, this time it can feature titles like fall guys, no mans sky, outer wilds, etc.

Last edited:

Content:
  • The Direct kicks off with the 2nd wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass.

Zelda Segment:

Third Party Segment

• Miyamoto and Koizumi show first trailer for Super Mario movie which hits theaters in April

• 3-4 Switch announcement (1-2 Switch successor) to be released on November 10 + Treehouse Gameplay
You can tell it’s fake, because you gotta wonder why some guy didn’t bother to hit the “print screen” key even once, since he is leaking the whole direct and must have watched the whole presentation. If there’s no screen shots, it’s fake.

EDIT: unless it’s practicalbrush

Last edited:
Showing the movie trailer 10 months in advance is a very big red flag. Most movies don't show their trailers until like.. 4-5 months before release. Even in Illumination's case, Minions had its trailer last month and it comes out in July.

"Prayers of the Powers" sounds like one of those really sus fake churches you drive by sometimes that you're pretty sure houses a cult

The Jungle Saga is just a real boring name in comparison.

The stupidest thing about all these "leaks" is that it's way too early for a completed presentation to leak. No chance they have all the trailers and announcements ready 3/4 weeks ahead of time. If that were the case the Direct would air this week.

Showing the movie trailer 10 months in advance is a very big red flag. Most movies don't show their trailers until like.. 4-5 months before release. Even in Illumination's case, Minions had its trailer last month and it comes out in July.
the minions sequel had it first trailer 2 years ago

All I really want for Christmas is Fire Emblem Echoes: Legacy of Judgral or maybe a Fire Emblem Echoes: Radiance of Tellius.

The stupidest thing about all these "leaks" is that it's way too early for a completed presentation to leak. No chance they have all the trailers and announcements ready 3/4 weeks ahead of time. If that were the case the Direct would air this week.
Usually directs info is set up way ahead of time so it’s very possible to have it ready now. Last minute things always happen, but it’s very poor planning if you don’t have your presentation layout months before the “show”.

What games would have to show up in this next direct to make this direct great for everyone?
Animal Crossing Warriors

All madness aside: New Zelda footage. If that is in I'll settle for just new content showings for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3.

I really not asking for much...I hope for a New Zelda BotW2 Trailer with a Title Reveal and for a Zelda Game as the replace for Botw2 nit coming 2022, everything else is Bonus.

Question for all of you, what was your Favorite Nintendo Direct of all Time?

I really not asking for much...I hope for a New Zelda BotW2 Trailer with a Title Reveal and for a Zelda Game as the replace for Botw2 nit coming 2022, everything else is Bonus.

Question for all of you, what was your Favorite Nintendo Direct of all Time?
Exactly, just give me Botw2 and that's all I want. Throw in there 1-2 surprises with new 3D Mario or something.

As for favorite Direct it has to be E3 2019. And right after that February 2019.

Usually directs info is set up way ahead of time so it’s very possible to have it ready now. Last minute things always happen, but it’s very poor planning if you don’t have your presentation layout months before the “show”.
You'll have the layout, but you won't know the details.

Content:

Zelda Segment:

Third Party Segment

I want to believe just because it has Donkey Kong. The Jungle Saga is a silly name though.

Content:

Zelda Segment:

Third Party Segment

Actual GOAT Direct but no shot it's real. Appreciate the effort though

Just watched this
So there’s like literally zero Nintendo games in this trailer lol. Guess we shouldn’t expect a summer game fest partnership if there were even any hopes there.

Really sad to see Geoff just leave them out that easily though, missing such a huge part in what’s supposedly an industry celebration

Prayers of Power sounds better to me than Prayers of THE Powers.

But also I feel like Nintendo, or at least NoA, would avoid having religious connotation in a Zelda title like that.

Prayers of the Powers is a hilariously dumb name and doesn‘t spoil anything about the game (as Nintendo has hinted at), so very much fake.

Just watched this
So there’s like literally zero Nintendo games in this trailer lol. Guess we shouldn’t expect a summer game fest partnership if there were even any hopes there.

Really sad to see Geoff just leave them out that easily though, missing such a huge part in what’s supposedly an industry celebration

He also just rarely includes Nintendo in his edits because he is so badly chasing that "cinematic" feel because he seems to think it gives him validity, and Nintendo games don't always align with that.

But yeah, I absolutely don't expect Nintendo to be involved in SGF at all.

I don’t think Geoff is the one who left Nintendo out really, is more Nintendo not wanting to take part of the event and nothing realistic he could do could change that.

everything is wacky because COVID ruined and continues to ruin the movie pipeline but not necessarily

The Grinch had its teaser trailer 8-9 months ahead of its November release

Secret Life of Pets was teased over a year before release

Universal will probably want a Mario teaser to go before either (1) Minions 2, which would line up nicely with Nintendo's "E3" show or (2) Puss in Boots 2 which would be its own marketing beat or Game Awards

Just watched this

Geoff just wants money and views. He would definitely want Nintendo in his show. Just look likes they don’t want him, which probably isn’t surprising considering his marketing and set up isn’t in tune with 99% of Nintendo games.

Just watched this

Man... am I the only one who thinks these TGA trailers are suuuuuper cringe lol? I dunno, maybe it's just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom