• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What games would have to show up in this next direct to make this direct great for everyone?
Well... y'all know my answer lol.

As for others, maybe that Mega Man Taisen game. Granted, it might not be at the direct, but you never know. đź‘€

And not just that, either. New game will fully bring back the "Donkey Kong Universe" that Rare started in the 90s and its characters.

Smash was just showing what was to come with K. Rool and, later, Banjo's triumphant returns.

Let's goooooooo~!
Personally, I would love it if Banjo Kazooie made cameo appearances in future DK games. Those lazy animals aren't doing anything right now.

If there is a new DK game, I hope all of the marketing focuses only on DK and you play as DK in the first world but then you play the remaining 90% of the game as Lanky Kong.

Ah, I can't read. That's the issue. I thought they wrote no games passed July. Probably shouldn't be reading while slumped back in my chair.
ah okay lol, understandable

in any case, I don't think they need a June Direct, but I think it's very likely they have one. it was probably part of their strategy before E3 was cancelled, and they have little reason to change it

If a DK game is coming I hope the music is great. It’s one of those series I come to expect great music. David Wise has been amazing. If they don’t bring him on, then it’s a tall task for whoever is doing it.

I remember when I had to download E3 press conferences for several hours through my dial up internet and then watched them with Windows Media Player. I used to have a folder on my computer with game trailers and E3 press conferences.

As for others, maybe that Mega Man Taisen game. Granted, it might not be at the direct, but you never know. đź‘€
And as far as third parties go...as I said before, Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rockman Taisen have been the ones living in my head rent free the most.

Of any of Capcom's leaked offerings, this is one I could see showing up the most in a Nintendo Direct, because of the close association MM has with Ninty. But who knows~?

Personally, I would love it if Banjo Kazooie made cameo appearances in future DK games. Those lazy animals aren't doing anything right now.
I'm sure MS would have no problem with such. It's simply a matter of if Nintendo cared enough to keep dealing (and paying for them).

If a DK game is coming I hope the music is great. It’s one of those series I come to expect great music. David Wise has been amazing. If they don’t bring him on, then it’s a tall task for whoever is doing it.
please Nintendo let Mahito Yokota be the main composer, his work on Galaxy and 3D World was phenomenal

please Nintendo let Mahito Yokota be the main composer, his work on Galaxy and 3D World was phenomenal
Eeh. I think im tired of mahito yokota. He was absolutely superb in galaxy and great in SS, but i think his output decreases by each game, his 3d world work wasnt nearly as good as bowser's fury for example.

Id still prefer Wise over him. Or grant.

Eeh. I think im tired of mahito yokota. He was absolutely superb in galaxy and great in SS, but i think his output decreases by each game, his 3d world work wasnt nearly as good as bowser's fury for example.

Id still prefer Wise over him. Or grant.
I’d take Wise just because he’s so synonymous with DK and knows what to bring to the franchise.

I’d take Wise just because he’s so synonymous with DK and knows what to bring to the franchise.
also that. Although i dont think that is the case with every franchise (that the original composer has to always return)

For example, id love if MP4 didnt feature Yamamoto. (i dont want some EPD clone of him too, no thanks), instead Alexander Brandon for example, or Gareth Coker, or in my dreams, John Powell.

also that. Although i dont think that is the case with every franchise (that the original composer has to always return)

For example, id love if MP4 didnt feature Yamamoto. (i dont want some EPD clone of him too, no thanks), instead Alexander Brandon for example, or Gareth Coker, or in my dreams, John Powell.
If we get a MP4 teaser I hope we get a little sample of some new music.

This wouldn't be surprising. People wanted E3 to die out and this is what you get as a result. When there's no overarching structure or major event compelling companies to capture the moment then the reason to do some kind of big show becomes unnecessary.

What games would have to show up in this next direct to make this direct great for everyone?
3 of the following would have to show up for me to consider it a great direct:

• New DK game (2D or 3D)
  • Metroid Prime Remaster/Metroid Prime 4 (either one, though I consider the remaster a lock)
  • BOTW 2 decent trailer/title reveal
  • Pikmin 4
  • Surprise revival (Star Fox, for example)
  • GB/GBA for NSO
  • New Mario platformer (2D or 3D)
I'm not a big FE guy, so I'd be happy for others but it would personally do nothing for me.

• New DK game (2D or 3D)
  • Metroid Prime Remaster/Metroid Prime 4 (either one, though I consider the remaster a lock)
  • Pikmin 4
  • GB/GBA for NSO
I'm not a big FE guy, so I'd be happy for others but it would personally do nothing for me.
I’d be happy with all of these too. I’d wager and guess we’re getting at least 2 of these.

I’d be happy with all of these too. I’d wager and guess we’re getting at least 2 of these.
If we get Prime HD and a Prime 4 teaser, I would count that as two. So really, all Nintendo would have to do after that is GB/GBA NSO or BOTW 2 trailer for very realistic possibilities and I'd be drooling lol

Just for fun, a little breakdown of last E3 Direct headlines and roughly the time of each announcement…

1) Kazuya x Smash [4:00], we got a trailer and then a little video showcasing his moves.
2) Life if Strange [2:20], announcements of True Colors and Remastered Collection, all were announced months before to other consoles
3) first sizzle reel [2:00] with GotG Cloud (announced the day before for other consoles), Worms Rumble (was already announced for switch), Astria Acending (already announced), and two point campus (same as others).
4) Super Monkey Ball [1:00], new announcement
5) Mario Party Superstars [1:30], new announcement
6) Metroid Dread [3:15], new announcement
7) second sizzle reel [1:00] with just dance 2022 and cruis n’blast, both new (just dance was announced a few days earlier)
8) dragon ball z kakarot [1:00], didn’t know of the port before so its technically new.
9) mario golf super rush [0:30], reminder…
10) monster hunter stories 2 [0:30], another reminder
11) wario ware [2:00], new announcement
12) shin megami tensei v [3:20], not new but we needed the info
13) danganronpa decadence [1:50], new announcement
14) fatal frame 5 [1:00], new announcement
15) third sizzle reel [1:45] with doom eternal dlc, tony hawk 1+2 and strange brigade, the first 2 were already known and the last one was new
16) mario + rabbids 2 [1:00] announced a few days before but was still new
17) advance wars 1+2 [1:15], new announcement
18) zelda segment [5:00] reminder of anniversary products and a new botw 2 trailer.

So to summary:
  • 11 were new announcements, either completely new games (7) or titles that we knew of a switch port (4).
  • 7 were trailers of title we already knew.
  • aside from mario+rabbids 2 and zelda, all ganes shown were dated for 2021. I know some games were delayed latter (like advance wars) but still.
  • 7 headlines were about games published by nintendo on the west, the rest were third party.

Last edited:

• New DK game (2D or 3D)
  • Pikmin 4
  • GB/GBA for NSO
Nice list! Mine would be near identical but I'd take out 2d Mario if it has the NSMB look and I'd add in Goldeneye NSO and a trailer with date for Bayonetta 3

Wasn't Good-Feel doing their self published game? I think that could show up sometime this year. Yoshi came out in 2019 and the news about their japanese styled game was in october 2020.

• New DK game (2D or 3D)
  • Pikmin 4
  • GB/GBA for NSO
Three of those seem like a fairly safe bet, good list. I'll do one for me for fun too:

• Metroid Prime Remaster/Metroid Prime 4 (I'll keep this one the same way as you)
  • BOTW2 meatier trailer (basically anything that's not just another small teaser)
  • Xenoblade 3 trailer (preferably focused more on exploration and locations)
  • GB/GBA on NSO is definitely something I can't wait for
  • FF Pixel Remasters coming to Switch
  • Silksong
  • 3D Mario
  • Something Atlus (Persona 3 remaker/remaster? Persona ports? SMTV:Apocalypse?)
  • Tales of Symphonia/Abyss/Xillia remaster similar to Vesperia
  • New Fire Emblem
  • Labyrinth of Galleria localization
  • EDIT: Almost forgot DQ3HD2D date and trailer!

So if the new fire emblem is announced and isn't coming this year but instead in January/February which seems to be possible based on comments made by Nate and Emily. Would BOTW2 coming out in march hurt the sales of the new fire emblem?

So if the new fire emblem is announced and isn't coming this year but instead in January/February which seems to be possible based on comments made by Nate and Emily. Would BOTW2 coming out in march hurt the sales of the new fire emblem?
Depends a lot on the dates. If there's >1 month between them, then probably not much? If FE is early February and BOTW2 is late March, for example, I don't think that'll matter too much.

Depends a lot on the dates. If there's >1 month between them, then probably not much? If FE is early February and BOTW2 is late March, for example, I don't think that'll matter too much.
Yeah that's true a month seems long enough, that would definitely be a crazy start to the year if those two actually came out around then. Maybe FE will wait till a fall direct to be announced then if this happens.

I'm not expecting a ton of new first party content at this Direct beyond the games they've already announced:
  • Nintendo Switch Sports
  • Mario Strikers Battle League
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
  • Splatoon 3
  • PokĂ©mon Scarlet and Violet
  • Bayonetta 3
  • BotW 2

All of which could get a small shoutout, an update or a proper trailer. Add the Metroid Prime remaster (plus perhaps a tease for Prime 4) and the obligatory 1-2 new announcements and I think that's plenty as far as Nintendo is concerned.

I don't expect the new Fire Emblem to make an appearance just yet and I think Stinky Horse game will be announced outside of a Direct. I'm also putting all my faith into NLG handling the next Star Fox so I only wish for one or two of these make an appearance:
  • 3D Mario or 2D/3D Donkey Kong by EPD 8
  • Pikmin 4
  • Wario Land by Good-Feel
  • Wave Race
  • Pilotwings
  • Tomodachi
  • Buddy Mission BOND localization
  • Obscure Japan-only remake or remaster (Giftpia, Captain Rainbow, Soma Bringer, YĹ«yĹ«ki...)
  • Any new IP by their partners (Sakurai, Platinum Games, Grezzo...)

I full BotW2 trailer will make or break the Direct for me. I appreciate Directs that aren't for me (and was hyped for Metroid fans when Dread appeared last year, and Strikers fans this year), but BotW got me back into gaming and nothing has scratched that same itch. The games I've played since (Dread, Quake, Doom 2016, Skyward Sword, Burnout Paradise, NSMBU, Bowser's Fury...) have been fantastic, but Zelda has been my most anticipated game for years. Announced in 2019, teased in 2021 and delayed in 2022 to 2023, only to not have some decent info on it again this "E3" would certainly teach me to not actively anticipate a Zelda game in the future.

(I'm of course not condoning crunch or illegal gathering during the pandemic, just kinda eating crow on my earlier optimism and trying to contain my enthusiasm for in the future.)

Is the GB/GBA announcement realistic right now? N64 is releasing Snap next month and that’s basically it. I would think they will announce a new set of N64 games coming. I think there was a big datamine list IIRC.

GB/GBA seems like something they can save for later.

I said this in the other topic. We officially know Xenoblade 3 is open world. You could already tell from the design of the world it looked open, but now it’s confirmed. We also had the boat teased in the reveal trailer.

This next trailer for it next month I think will show off the world and the ways of exploration in it. I’m like so excited to see this! Monolith doing open world again. Taking XCX and bringing it to the Xenoblade 1,2,3 line.

I wonder if Snap could get shadowdropped at a Pokemon Presents, which might pave the way for a GBA NSO announcement at the direct.

But yeah, I think later this year is more a realistic scenario.

So this will air at the regular Direct time right? I doubt they will stick to "regular E3 time" since there is no reason for that this year.
I think it depends on if they want to do Treehouse. If they plan on doing Treehouse I don’t see them going past Wednesday.

Is the GB/GBA announcement realistic right now? N64 is releasing Snap next month and that’s basically it. I would think they will announce a new set of N64 games coming. I think there was a big datamine list IIRC.

GB/GBA seems like something they can save for later.
I still think GB/GBC is September. Hopefully GBA is coming around that time as well.

Nothing content related had been shared, neither for Direct or Presents (assuming that this info is real)
No reason to doubt the info. This is what Nintendo does basically every year. Most of us have said they’re going to do a Pokémon Presents and a General Direct because that’s the template they’ve been following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom