• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there’s a necessary pattern in terms of when he post it to when it happens. It’s more like when he posts it that means it’s going to happen, basically.

When he put the Indies Presentation poll up a a couple weeks back it was happening that same week.
All these people in the poll discounting the oracle of jury duty, smh.

And yes, if the Direct is announced on June 7th and airs on the 8th I'm still counting that as a win

via GamesBeat Decides and also GrubbSnax (?) - Grubb hears about multiple Nintendo showcases, but (I assume) speculates that it's something like a Partner Direct or game specific Directs. He emphasized that it wasn't worth reporting on at this stage.

Where did we land on this?

The Partner and mostly game specific Directs came out of peak COVID-19 troubles, and fan reception of them was incredibly poor. They might have seen plenty of success during 2020, but it certainly had nothing to do with their advertising execution that year.
Multiple Nintendo presentations easily can happen if Nintendo do a Pokemon Presents, a Nintendo Direct, and game specific Directs for things like Xenoblade and Splatoon, which have had their own Directs in the past.

We are getting multiple presentations…

Pokémon direct
Nintendo direct
Threehouse

And by the end of june or early july a xenoblade 3 direct

We are getting multiple presentations…

Pokémon direct
Nintendo direct
Threehouse

And by the end of june or early july a xenoblade 3 direct
qvdGV5.gif

I don’t wish to know what will be IN the June Direct. I like having surprises, and seeing the trailers for the first time with that shock and first-time-knowledge enjoyment. It’s why, if PracticalBrush or someone like them were to put out a list of what’s to come in the next Direct, I would avoid it at all costs.

What I DO wish to know is when the Direct will air. I have no problem with having a precise date that I’m expecting a Direct based off leaks or rumours; in fact, I would love that.

In other words, I just want to know when the Direct will be… not its contents.

If Nintendo wanted to just let us know when the direct will be, I certainly won’t complain. Like Microsoft announcing their showcase a few weeks in advance.

If Nintendo wanted to just let us know when the direct will be, I certainly won’t complain. Like Microsoft announcing their showcase a few weeks in advance.

If E3 had not been cancelled, we probably would know by now when the Direct was, since it would have been connected to E3.

Is there some inside joke I'm missing with everyone calling it a threehouse and not a treehouse?

I guess it's apt if Splatoon 3 and a Bayonetta 3 are there.
And Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It's a trilogy of the final act of trilogies. Poor No More Heroes III was by itself last year.

Which brings to my main point though. 2021 had 3 (heh) 3rd party games whereas 2019 had a ton. Do people think that was more due to circumstance? Or Nintendo just being selective? What are people expecting this year?

Thanks god those BS 4Chan Leaks are Fake AF… but yeah at least they’re trying and they are Fun to lock at 😂

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/599813121/nintendo-direct-06142022

My friend was contracted to help put together the direct for next month and he told me a few things about it.

• No BOTW 2, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess instead. Wind Waker is apparently releasing first on august 26, twilight Princess coming october 14

• Ever Oasis is getting the Miitopia treatment, coming September 16

• Metroid Prime: Redux, apparently reworked controls including the ability to use joy con like the Wii controls, visually looks insane, probably up there with Luigi’s mansion in terms of visual fidelity. November 18.

• New IP from Gust called “Path of Nemonia” straight up Tales of rip-off lmfao, looks pretty good though. 2023.

• Sushi Strikers 2, same character from the first game, you now run around and collect plates instead of just sliding your finger across the screen to collect. Demo releasing shortly after the direct, releases July 8th

• Fantasy Life 2 + Fantasy Life remastered, Remastered looks similar to the work put into Miitopia and Ever Oasis, simple upres, includes the origin island dlc. Releases December 2, Fantasy Life 2 is just a logo similar to the original but with a 2, coming 2023.

• Sizzle reel featuring games getting ported, mainly WB stuff. Witcher 2, The batman games, mad max, shadow of Mordor and War collection. All coming this year.

• Naruto: The Ninja Way from Bandai, VERY similar to DBZ Kakarot, Mostly footage of Naruto running around Konoha with a cut to black with sasuke saying some edgy shit to finish the trailer. Late 2023.

• Metroid Prime 4 is the last reveal, visually similar to Prime Redux, very short trailer with Samus just walking down a dark hall, and then turning and pointing her hand cannon at the screen, she shoots, screen turns to black. March 3, 2023.
[SPOILER/]
Most insanepart is mp4 releasing anytime before october.

Good to see some Direct hype again.

Is it still totally unrealistic to hope for WindWaker HD and Twilight Princess ports this time around?
It’s going to happen eventually. This direct could be the time for the ports, I wouldn’t call it unrealistic.

Not sure if i would watch a Xenoblade Direct. I think i've seen enough of that game before launch.
I don’t have that kind of restraint lol. The game will be 80+ hours so I’ll take all the goodness a direct will show me. When XCX was doing it’s marketing Nintendo kept releasing 10-15 minutes videos every month. It was so good.

I don’t have that kind of restraint lol. The game will be 80+ hours so I’ll take all the goodness a direct will show me. When XCX was doing it’s marketing Nintendo kept releasing 10-15 minutes videos every month. It was so good.
Yeah but I'm afraid they're going to show every map/location in the game and some late-game story cutscenes, even out of context that could mean new characters/enemies that I'd prefer to know while playing the game...

With XC2 I stopped watching some trailers/Direct entirely because they showed almost every Titan/Nation in one of them... that pissed me off a bit. I got some nice surprises by going blind (I didn't know Rex was stabbed by Jin at the beginning of the game, I didn't know Morag would get to the party when I first fought her, I didn't know about Van Dame's fate -I'm don't remember if some trailer gave it away tbh-, and I didn't even knew/saw Amalthus and Zeke until his first comedic appearance).

It's going to be difficult to stop seeing XC3 news having Monolith Twitter account with alerts and watching many Youtube video analysis/theories, but now I'm thinking it's probably the best decision for me taking into account the surprises I got with my XC2 gamplay that were revealed/spoiled/suggested on late trailers/Direct/commercials/etc...

I'm thinking... if they do a Treehouse gameplay of around 30 minutes of the beginning of the game, or a fight demo of some early boss like the XC2 E3 Treehouse demo, maybe I'll watch that... but probably I'll close my eyes if the next Direct has a new trailer lol! Only 60 days!!!

Are we still feeling a Pokemon announcement this week? For a Presents airing either this week or next? Seems very possible but who knows at this point.

Also Dragon Quest Day is on the 27th, so maybe we'll get some kind of DQ news? Unlikely, though, probably just save it for the June shows coming up I'd assume

Which one do we think is most likely? Wind Waker?
It would actually be funny if they deliberately went in reverse. We got Skyward Sword, maybe they do Twilight Princess next, then Wind Waker, then years down the road they HDify the 3DS remaster of Ocarina of Time.
I don't expect this, I just think it'd be sort of a funny way to go about it

This (hopefully) inevitable June direct should be pretty good. Don't need to see any more Xenoblade 3 info, at this point I'd rather be surprised while playing, but I definitely want to see more Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3. Also desperately hoping we get a real trailer for BotW2, if E3 was still around I feel like it'd be inevitable but right now I'm really not sure.

Hopefully they've got a couple more games for this year, too. They don't really need any, but that BotW2 delay was a big blow to their 2022 lineup. I'd love to finally see a new DK.

Yall know what

Now I want Donkey Kong to be the holiday game.

If the June Direct is just a Zelda title reveal and story trailer, Splathreen deep-dive, a date for Bayonetta, gameplay deep-dive for Xenoblade 3, then with 10 minutes left in the presentation they've already gone through the montage of a bunch of indies and third parties (including Silksong and Fantasian) and everyone is going "dude there's so much time left and they already did the montage, what the eff" and then Nintendo is all like "actually yall can call us Nintenyes because HERE'S TEH MONKEY" I think that'd be delightful.

I just thought of the possibility of the Direct airing sooner or later than the usual mid June week, like June 14th this year. Normally we're pretty confident in September Directs happening in the first week or two but the one from September 2021 aired in the 4th week of September, on the 23rd of that month. Especially since there's no actual E3 this year, maybe Nintendo decides "Okay, we're sticking to June but since there's no E3 let's do a week earlier/later?"
I think there’s nothing forcing them to air on June 14th, but it’d be the most logical move. You have 6 presentations on June 9th to 11th, one of them being from a direct competitor (regardless of the good relations between the two), coming right after that is smart, showing games you have planned for this year and basically telling the consumers “in 2022, you have more reasons to buy a Switch than a Xbox Series or a PS5” (I guess June 7th or 8th could also serve the same purpose, but ending is a bit better than going first).

I’m wondering if NoA is in contact with Keighley to some extent, at least not to interfere with his stuff and not airing the Direct when someone else has a presentation planned. Maybe we’ll learn in the next few weeks that the Direct will be part of the official Summer Games Fest program. I don’t know if Nintendo would do that, but it’d be clever : you get promoted by Geoff, and the Direct would be automatically added to the calendars of people who subscribed to the SGF website.

July- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
August-
September- Splatoon 3
October-
November-
December-

These months have to be filled and Nintendo can publish multiple games for a month.

Coming for sure
-Pokémon S/V
-Mario + Rabbids
-Advance Wars
-Bayonetta 3

Rumored
-Metroid Prime Remaster
-DK game
-1-2 Switch sequel
-Fire Emblem game

August-
September- Splatoon 3
October-
November-
December-

These months have to be filled and Nintendo can publish multiple games for a month.

Coming for sure
-Pokémon S/V
-Mario + Rabbids
-Advance Wars
-Bayonetta 3

Rumored
-Metroid Prime Remaster
-DK game
-1-2 Switch sequel
-Fire Emblem game
I think August wont have any first party releases, just like the last 2 years. Xeno3 launches right at the end of July and Splatoon 3 early September, only a 6 week gap. There's been an indie direct with shadow drops the last 2 August's as well. Could be the month they squeeze in Advance Wars though

August-
September- Splatoon 3
October-
November-
December-

Coming for sure
-Pokémon S/V
-Mario + Rabbids
-Advance Wars
-Bayonetta 3

Rumored
-Metroid Prime Remaster
-DK game
-1-2 Switch sequel
-Fire Emblem game
I see Bayonetta 3 releasing in August just like Astral Chain did in 2019. If not, maybe October like Bayonetta 1+2 on Wii U.

With 3D Kirby, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, open-world Pokemon, etc. all releasing this year I really can't complain about Nintendo's lineup even if they don't have another big surprise for 2022. But I will be a little sad if this marks the fourth year in a row where the big holiday title was either Pokemon or nonexistent.

With Xenoblade 3 coming soon, I'm pretty satisfied for this year. All I would want now is the Zelda Wii U ports. Honestly, without these the Direct may be a bit of a disappointment for me. I'm tired of waiting.

.....also Battle Network Legacy Collection please Capcom.

I don‘t even know what I want from this year. I‘m pretty busy till next year and with XB3, LiveALive, MHR Sunbreak, Pokemon and Prime I have more games than I can even finish. So a good direct for me would be Nintendo showing more 2023 games then usual. (DQ3R, BOTW2, Prime 4 (Maybe), New Mario etc.)

Bombshell announcement would be Golden Sun 4. I’d take that.

Something I expect to be here is Pikmin 4.

So with an announcement will they mention the game on which will they focus on? They didn't last year and I believe they don't mention this with E3 Directs. But since this will not be labeled is E3 Direct there might be a game which gets more spotlight something like Splatoon 3.

All I want is a new Rhythm Heaven.

rhythm-heaven.gif
Yeah... thats less gimicky then the last wario ware (i know how idiotic that sounds, but i still prefere the core "its microgames" concept to "make your games" or "play everything with weird flying characters")
Or...less overarching conceptual gimicks.

And: i saw the last kirby trailer again...man, that one was actually full of spoilers. theres a scene in there from the final boss fight...

I'm so ready to finally see IS x Gust Fire Emblem, it might be one of the best looking games on the console given Gust's expertise with the Switch. Their Atelier games are gorgeous despite being relatively low budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom