• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
621318-MarioAnniversaryEnd.jpg

Words cannot express how much I hate this Mario image.

Maybe it's a first time ever Square-Enix themed Direct? They have a lot to reveal/go over, you know. With just the SE software this could be a meaty Direct.

I have a lot of quotes saved from people crapping on others for questioning if we’d get a General Direct. Nate has been more unsure as we got closer.

If Nate only knows of third party games like Mario + Rabbids that can fall into any category.
True but we don't really know if @NateDrake means he's hearing it's something like a Partner showcase now. Could be, to take your example, that Mario + Rabbids is removed from the Direct to be shown someplace else. Tom Henderson's been hearing Ubisoft is planning to re reveal Skull & Bones in July, maybe they're grouping those games together? Unlikely of course, and I'm preparing myself for a Partner (lmao sounds so stupid to say) but we don't know exactly what Nate means that he's anticipating an edit.

Mini Direct back on the menu? Fuck me sideways, I hate Mini Directs. They can keep that shit.
Nintendo fans are going to be really mad next week. We already have a group that didn’t like Xenoblade got a direct, but at least they thought it was so it couldn’t be shown in a bigger direct.

God fucking dammit

I thought about posting the Yakuza gif where Kiryu slams the desk and leaves, but I don't have the energy. I'm just really bummed now.

Mini is far, far likelier than a Partner Showcase. I don't get why, when there's the slightest hint there isn't a full Direct, the reach is automatically "that maligned form of Direct Nintendo did during the peak of the pandemic" and not "the smaller form of Direct Nintendo occassionally use".

Still expecting a general, though.

This upcoming Mini/Partner Direct might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would do a General Direct but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew General was expected in June, they should've just done it.

This is a patented Raccoon Reminder that we don't need a Direct right now and that a Mini or Partner is not an indictment of the Switch's future

Patented Irene reminder here that Partners are a thing of the past, they were an emergency measure to tackle the pandemic situation.

Mini is far, far likelier than a Partner Showcase. I don't get why, when there's the slightest hint there isn't a full Direct, the reach is automatically "that maligned form of Direct Nintendo did during the peak of the pandemic" and not "the smaller form of Direct Nintendo occassionally use".

Still expecting a general, though.
I'm betting on a livestreamed (non-mini) third party showcase

The March 2020 Direct Mini was also unusually late in the month, it aired on the 26th.

obligatory "hey folks how are you do-"

giphy.gif

edit: you guys handle Nates
doom post better then anticipated for now

Nintendo fans are going to be really mad next week. We already have a group that didn’t like Xenoblade got a direct, but at least they thought it was so it couldn’t be shown in a bigger direct.
Next week is gonna be a shitshow as a mini Direct likely won't be announced beforehand but rather shadowdropped. I hope people won't attack Nate but unfortunately it's the internet and people suck.

I bet the direct will be called
mini because at minimum we will have a lot of fun that day!!!

Could be Mini with Treehouse/Treehouse equivalent? I feel there's potential still on the table even with the news.

People we got to take some deep breaths. We'll probably know the scoop in less than 72 hours.

I'm anticipating an edit.
Is there anything you can tell us about what you mean by that? Do you anticipate to cut out 5 minutes of talk about one game possibly being removed from the Direct... or do you anticipate to make it a much, much smaller prediction video??

I do too but much shorter one compared to older ones. Nothing bloating, like Smash reveal or Aonuma update. just 25 minutes of full reveals and a Fire Emblem trailer at the end.

Isn't 20-25 mins also the sort-of length of a Mini?

This upcoming Mini/Partner Direct might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would do a General Direct but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew General was expected in June, they should've just done it.
Calm down and at least wait until it's confirmed before getting upset.

(unless this is a copypasta I'm unfamiliar with then disregard this post)

What hype did Nintendo create? If anything, it's the board hyping itself up to an insane level and dismissing anyone who suggests otherwise.

Imagine Twitter if Nintendo posted this:

"Check out the latest Nintendo Direct Mini showcasing titles coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022, including Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope"

sigh

I won't lose any sleep over this, but not getting a general would be disappointing. I hope we get some sort of first party update soon, mainly for things like Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime remaster (assuming it's coming this year)

Calm down and at least wait until it's confirmed before getting upset.

(unless this is a copypasta I'm unfamiliar with then disregard this post)

It's a copypasta, I think I've seen it like 10 times this month. I don't know from where though.

Indie Worlds are usually 20 minutes but we got 15 minutes long Minis in the past (the one with Dark Souls)

Ah, gotcha.

The fact that the facts seem to change every time I log into this forum suggests maybe people should just tune out for the weekend, I get the idea that no one really knows despite saying they have a good idea.

So would no General next week mean that I have to extend the backlog challenge with 3 months .. ?

No, I'm still thinking it'll be a general. just theorizing.

I can understand disappointment in a Partner Showcase but I don't think a Mini is anything worth getting upset about. Minis are just general Directs but about 10 - 15 minutes shorter, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom