• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people want BotW2 trailers, 3D Mario, Wario games, Mother 4, Mother 3, 3D DK, 2D DK, MP4 shadowdrop and such... no show would ever be good enough, tbh.
A few remasters, release dates (even if distant) for confirmed games, and one or two surprises would be good for most of fami, I think.

that would be a mid Direct tbh. It's missing new F-Zero, new Star Fox, new Punch Out!, new Pikmin, new 2D Mario, Fire Emblem Remake, new Golden Sun, new Puzzle League...
You totally forgot about Star Tropics. Retros second AAAA title in development.

Sounds like a direct of some sorts is happening next week. Really depends on how much left is coming out this year. If its just Metroid Prime than a Mini makes sense. Also if not a general nearly no chance Zelda gets shown.

I always get semi shocked that people manage to get dissapointed in something they do not know the content of beforehand. Direct, mini direct, we get new stuff!!!

Nintendo is petty enough to delay a Direct solely because the date got leaked hahaha

Anyway, it's time to...

reset-the-clock-pacific-rim.gif
7 July

If this is a Mini Direct this is going to be like 2018 which means we'll get a BIG CHUNKO DIRECT in Sepember featuring 20+ mins of Smash Bros.

If it's not going to be a General just please be a mini and not a partner, I need some kind of first party direct and if it's not happening now, we probably need to wait until September for one.

if it's a mini don't expect ANY First Party announcement, at best we'll get release date for Bayonetta 3 and M+R
We get first party announcements in Mini Directs like Mario Golf for example. We got ports like DKCTF too. We could absolutely get a Zelda port like WWHD or Metroid Prime remaster or something new announced here.

If it's not going to be a General just please be a mini and not a partner, I need some kind of first party direct and if it's not happening now, we probably need to wait until September for one.
If it is a Partner Showcase, that doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of a Direct coming before September. They aren't married to an exact schedule for General Directs.

But I wonder, if it is going to be a Mini/Partner Showcase, then something at the Nintendo Marketing is going wrong or changed 🤷

Wouldn't the Direct airing in different regions on different dates increase the chances of it being a general Direct? Minis and Partner showcases aired at different times to the full fat presentations. With the last Mini in early 2020, it meant it was available on the same date around the world. Same with Xenoblade 3's Direct last week.

Either Nate got new info or he is just being cautious and ready to edit if need be.
The latter is what I assume, yeah. I feel like people are being a bit too reactionary here, haha. Plus, didn't he just say he's waiting for it to be announced? I assume that means it would still likely be a general, since mini's are shadow dropped (which also means a prediction video would be pointless).

I think its pretty simple. The rest of the year is laid out fairly well with maybe one or two smaller projects left to slot in. They are not ready to talk about 2023 so a mini will be all they need this summer.

I still dare to hold on to hope for a General.

If it isn't, and there's a Mini with only, like, Bayo 3 and M+R and maybe MPHD, I wonder what kind of Twitter drops Nintendo has prepared to fill things out until September.
Well Everybody Switch I’d expect to be dropped on twitter and YouTube one day lol

Mini means no big announcement, and certainly no Zelda. I guess Metroid Prime is the best possibility. Forget about Fire Emblem too.

We went from big Direct + Treehouse to this, that's no fun.

Is there a summary of the games hinted/leaked for the rumored Direct next week?

I remember Nate and Emily mentioned the new FE game, possibly the Metroid Prime remake...were there any other big games that seem fairly likely?

If it isn't, and there's a Mini with only, like, Bayo 3 and M+R and maybe MPHD, I wonder what kind of Twitter drops Nintendo has prepared to fill things out until September.
Me too. I won't stop believing.
But if it doesn't happen I am ok with
it.

I would like to call upon @switchum, our resident Famiboards detective, to decipher this latest info and come up with an accurate (if overly detailed) analysis on what exactly is to be expected next week.

I expect nothing short of the truth!

oh, I hope for an hour long Direct that reveals new, more powerful hardware alongside a new ray-traced Wave Race and F-ZERO NX.

but my expectations are in the toilet and I really don't want a repeat of July 2020

Perhaps; but I've seen enough doom posting when a game isn't shown at an event that people make wild assumptions based on emotion and not logic.
I can understand following the direct for sure. There’s a lot of emotions and hyperbole. It doesn’t help YouTubers fan the flame. The common wealth guy already said he’ll give Nintendo a pass for the Xenoblade direct if they do a general direct next week or he’ll be mad.

Are we sure Nate's not just basing his prediction off Andy's prediction...?
I believe Nate was excepting a general Direct but he got new info match with Andy’s prediction. It’s not even prediction at this point Andy get the right info I believe. Anyway lets just wait and see

There's really no point in trying to draw any definite conclusions from what Nate said about it potentially being a Partner/Mini.

He's said before that he doesn't know about the branding but about some of the stuff that's included. There have also been games he straight up didn't know about. Worst case scenario he found out about a game not being in the Direct after all which is shaking his confidence. It's hardly worth getting bent out of shape for.

I guess I could see a Mini that mostly just announces release dates and maybe drops one or two new games, like Fire Emblem/Metroid Prime 1 remaster. Maybe the BOTW2 delay really made them decide to hunker down and wait until September for a big show. Or maybe new hardware is also involved in all this and the timing of things doesn't work well to do a big show right now. Who knows.

All this really confirms for me, for like the 1000th time, is that I really miss E3 being a thing, if for no other reason that it forces Nintendo to actually commit to something at a locked date and time.

(still hoping for a General! And at least if it is a Mini, the September show isn't all that far off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom