• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really no point in trying to draw any definite conclusions from what Nate said about it potentially being a Partner/Mini.

He's said before that he doesn't know about the branding but about some of the stuff that's included. There have also been games he straight up didn't know about. Worst case scenario he found out about a game not being in the Direct after all which is shaking his confidence. It's hardly worth getting bent out of shape for.
I think Nate saying he is anticipating an edit has gotten people thinking its no longer a General and will fall to a mini/partner. Though he could just be preparing for a potential edit without any new info.

My prediction is that we get a Mini Direct next week on the 28th / 29th, along with a hardware announcement in July paired with some software announcements to showcase the new hardware.

Partner showcases are dead, since they were a necessity borne from Nintendo's struggle to adapt their dev pipelines to the pandemic—which at this point is no longer a necessity.

A new hardware announcement including bigger titles, such as Metroid Prime 4 and Breath of the Wild 2, would explain why a Direct next week would lack "major" first-party announcements usually expected from an E3 Direct.

If we get a Mini I can see peoples thoughts going two ways.

A) Nintendo doesn’t have much to announce and a Mini is good enough until September

B) the new Switch “Pro” is being announced relatively soon(ish) and Nintendo wants to save their big games to show in conjunction with the system

The latter is what I assume, yeah. I feel like people are being a bit too reactionary here, haha. Plus, didn't he just say he's waiting for it to be announced? I assume that means it would still likely be a general, since mini's are shadow dropped (which also means a prediction video would be pointless).
Yeah there's still a fair chance for the General. I'm not worrying yet until Tuesday

What the hell, this thread is literally going at the speed of a live Direct, what's going on, why are we now expecting a Mini Direct? Or is it all sarcasm and shitposting lol?

If it's a Mini, I can't imagine them announcing FE there and instead at September Direct for a early 2023 release.

That’s correct. If he’s right with his timing, Mini Directs drop in the morning (for the United States which should line up with Brazil).
Which would contradict what Nate said, about it being 28th/29th depending on region. 9am est would be 11pm in Japan, for example. It's true that's when Minis air, and it was the broadcast time for Xenoblade last week; but it'd mean the presentation airs in all the major markets on the same day.

What the hell, this thread is literally going at the speed of a live Direct, what's going on, why are we now expecting a Mini Direct? Or is it all sarcasm and shitposting lol?

If it's a Mini, I can't imagine them announcing FE there and instead at September Direct for a early 2023 release.
PH Brazil said the direct would take place the 29th at 10am Brazil time 9 am est and mini directs typically happen in the morning

Which would contradict what Nate said, about it being 28th/29th depending on region. 9am est would be 11pm in Japan, for example. It's true that's when Minis air, and it was the broadcast time for Xenoblade last week; but it'd mean the presentation airs in all the major markets on the same day.
That is interesting…we’ll see. For now I’ll be cautious and think we’re getting a Mini.

My prediction is that we get a mini next week on the 28th / 29th, along with a hardware announcement in July alongside some software announcements to showcase the new hardware.

Partner showcases are dead, since they were a necessity borne from Nintendo's struggle to adapt their dev pipelines to the pandemic.

A new hardware announcement including bigger titles, such as Metroid Prime 4 and Breath of the Wild 2, would explain why a Direct next week would lack "major" first-party announcements usually expected from an E3 Direct.

I think this is definitely possible. A Mini in June feels like something they could do as a "send-off" for the OG Switch. I'm just not nearly as confident in new hardware being shown this year anymore.

I'd rather see a 'Mini' than a 'Partner Showcase'. At least a 'Mini' indicates we could see some bigger Nintendo developed games rather than a focus on third party ones

I think it could be a General but a smaller one. Something in between a Mini and a large Direct like last years E3, but with some good stuff still. And I'll be happy with that for sure vs no news.

My prediction is that we get a mini next week on the 28th / 29th, along with a hardware announcement in July alongside some software announcements to showcase the new hardware.

Partner showcases are dead, since they were a necessity borne from Nintendo's struggle to adapt their dev pipelines to the pandemic.

If we get a Mini I can see peoples thoughts going two ways.

A) Nintendo doesn’t have much to announce and a Mini is good enough until September

B) the new Switch “Pro” is being announced relatively soon(ish) and Nintendo wants to save their big games to show in conjunction with the system
Yeah this is what I'll be thinking, or something to that effect. Hardware announcement in preparation for a big September show, maybe, or something.

The good thing is that a September Direct isn't that far off at this point, and we'll have Xenoblade 3 soon, so there's that.

But yes, Partner Minis are dead, and I think were pretty much 100% about contractual obligations and nothing more

Anyway love you all but I'm too tired and depressed* to keep on top of Direct mania today. Will pop in and out while I try to look after myself, get a little work done, and wait for Three Hopes to arrive.

*not related to the Direct, personal struggles

Anyway love you all but I'm too tired and depressed* to keep on top of Direct mania today. Will pop in and out while I try to look after myself, get a little work done, and wait for Three Hopes to arrive.

Take care, friend!

All a Mini/Partner would mean is that we just have to wait a little longer for some big news. Probably not even that much longer. I'm confident 2022 will be a good year for Nintendo and 2023 will probably be even better. There's no reason to panic, we'll get some news soon.

wishing you the best. get well soon.

it's based on Nate's recent posts here on the reason he's waiting to drop his prediction video

Waiting until it is officially announced -- as it could be a Partner/Mini and I'd need to edit out some predictions.
I'm anticipating an edit.

Also, did this thread completely forget about the IGN guy being flown out to California for the Direct? Would he really need to do that if it were likely to just be a mini? Again, I feel like some of you guys are freaking out a bit too much over one vague comment from Nate.

Yeah this is what I'll be thinking, or something to that effect. Hardware announcement in preparation for a big September show, maybe, or something.

The good thing is that a September Direct isn't that far off at this point, and we'll have Xenoblade 3 soon, so there's that.

But yes, Partner Minis are dead, and I think were pretty much 100% about contractual obligations and nothing more
Agreed. Like you said if it’s not much to show until September, at least this Mini came late June. 2 weeks later than your typical E3, which should mean 2 weeks closer to the September direct.

Mineral Direct confirmed
hqdefault.jpg

I doubt it. Didn’t they say the game is releasing by next year? Feels like they don’t need to announce the date now.

The "by next year" was a general statement given to a large slew of games, in which Silksong was included. July 1st is by next year, for example.

I don't think Silksong's release date was explicitly and uniquely described as "by next year". A hypothetical contractually obligated release date announcement in a Direct would not contradict what we know at all whatsoever, in my opinion.

tbh I expected doom posting because it happened at the exact same time every day this week lol.

But I didn't expect Nate would be the one to doom
post 😂

Star Fox should try the multiple genre ruote starting woth another spin to Adventure games or a RPG in space with ship battles
Oddly enough that is what I was thinking. I feel like SF could learn something from gummi ship portions of Kingdom Hearts of all things, you travel the Galaxy map with the Great Fox and when you travel to a planet, you're playing the entry to the planets surface from space through the atmosphere and finally into the planet surface itself. I was also thinking you make things interesting by having encounters while you make your way down to the planet, like maybe before you get to the atmosphere of the planet Star Wolf appears saying they've been hired to hunt you down and having to beat them in a dog fight or say you have to take down an orbital satellite that is providing an enemy base intel and once you take it out you make your way down to the planet and go through a landmaster mission to blow up the base. I feel a good mix of Adventures and Assault would make for an excellent game.

Also, did this thread completely forget about the IGN guy being flown out to California for the Direct? Would he really need to do that if it were likely to just be a mini? Again, I feel like some of you guys are freaking out a bit too much over one vague comment from Nate.
Is it only for the direct though? Maybe he has some other obligations to fill and needs to fly out.

It will be a pet direct. all the nintendo staff will bring their pets in front of the camera. hyped!

We aren’t freaking out, PH Brazil said the direct would air at 9am est and mini directs typically happen in the morning

It’s a partner showcase. Nintendo will announce that they going third party. First gameplay footage of Breath of the Darkness on PS5. #Believe

Even if it is a 3rd party oriented (or partner) Direct, it could still be very good.

People need to remember, the original partner directs ( which were all mini's) were done four times over four months in a row in 2020 July-October, likely cause all partners were kind of trying to workout their own timetables during the pandemic. There were some really good announcements across the four Partner directs, but being spaced out across four shows meant they could not all be filled with bangers. There was likely one really good partner direct stretched across four mediocre to solid shows.

So, in a very different context here, a theoretic partner direct could be very good without their being coordination issues this time. If they have their first party already announced through September, they may wait for a full general direct. But then they have a lot of announced and unannounced third party stuff they could go over, date, or reveal, including Bayonetta 3, Mario and Rabbids 2, the next Koei Tecmo First Emblem, tons of Indie stuff we haven't seen in a while like Sports Story, The Outer Wilds, maybe date Silksong, etc.

It doesn't matter whatever percieved stigma partner showcases have, if Nintendo announces any kind of show right now, people are going to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom