• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we will get any Direct next week which is weird to me since it will be an empty week but i do trust Nate he always was spot on when it comes to Direct dates.

I don’t think we will get any Direct next week which is weird to me since it will be an empty week but i do trust Nate he always was spot on when it comes to Direct dates.
Next week isn’t empty. Microsoft on Sunday. Capcom on Monday. Microsoft’s Treehouse on Tuesday. Nintendo announced Direct on Wednesday for June 22nd.

So, the Direct should be in the second half of June, which is fine to me. the only reassurence we need is about June and Nate has been adamant about it. i was wonderimg, what kind of games and annoucement we should expect?

-a couple of reliable insider are totally on board for a Metroid Prime HD/Definitive Edition. this is definitely the time to show it, maybe not a major annoucement but I'm excited about it.

-is Nintendo willing to show for the second year in a row a new Metroid without showing Metroid Prime 4? this is a though call, I don't really have an opinion about the matter.

-Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Mario Rabbids 2, Bayonetta 3...al this game are slated for 2022, maybe one of this will slide into early 2023 but I think we will see a fleshy trailer for each of these games.

-is this new Fire Emblem ready to be shown? if it's a 2022 game I would say yes, otherwise we will see the game in september. I think it's a coin toss, in my opinion Bayonetta 3 and new FE won't both make the CY.

-what's in store for 2023 beyond 22/23 fiscal year?, and what Nintendo is willing to show? I think this is the most exciting part; Botw 2, MP4, DK...plenty of titles to dream about. I think we will see a title, two would be a dream scenario. i hope to be surprised and amazed.

Hi, I see what you mean and I'm sorry my post came off that way. I wasn't meaning to imply that people who want to play WW/TP should get a Wii U or that it's easy to get one or have access to those games. I also wasn't meaning anything condescending or suggesting people who can't afford a Wii U and those games aren't deserving of them. I just meant that for me personally, I'm most interested in Zelda games that are either brand new, new remakes, or re-releases that seen a re-release least recently. I completely support the idea of Zelda fans getting to play and enjoy every Zelda possible on Switch. My speculation was (and I tried to make this clear in my post) based on a mix of what makes sense to me and my own boss of what I want to see.

It's pretty much intended as the same intention of any of our hopes for the Direct. Personally, the only announced Nintendo game of the past 12 months of Directs that excited me was Kirby. That's disappointing to me as a Zelda, Mario, DK and Pikmin fan. I'm just not into the franchises that have recently been getting games. So, I'd really love to see any announcement that excites me, just as we each have our own faves. I'm also happy for fans of those franchises, my own desires are just my own desires and I own that. I hope that makes more sense. I see your passion to get these ports and I really hope you do, and that it's the HD versions because to me personally they are a significant improvement for both games. 😄

I think you're right, and also the theory of "tradition but later" meaning the 14th but later than the usual time is possible, too.

Hey, no worries! I actually didn't take that away from your post at all. I just noticed that the pre-BotW 2 Zelda anticipation seemed split between a new 2D Zelda and a re-release of the GameCube titles. This probably means both "sides" are headed for disappointment (myself included lol).

New Leaf has zero chance of getting a remaster or remake for the same reason New Horizons had zero chance of living up to it: New Leaf just has so much god damned content, far more than can be expected of an HD game

edit: and it has zero chance of a straight port or emulation because it would be too much work to de-3DS it

New Leaf has zero chance of getting a remaster or remake for the same reason New Horizons had zero chance of living up to it: New Leaf just has so much god damned content, far more than can be expected of an HD game

edit: and it has zero chance of a straight port or emulation because it would be too much work to de-3DS it
New Leaf really is the best AC game

If they're having a Direct in June it almost certainly has to be this week. They didn't do one this week because of Strikers, next week is free, week after is Three Hopes and the week after that is Financials again apparently?? Have they ever done a Direct like 2 to 3 days before/after a briefing?

Time to start the panic train that Nintendo has no e3 direct because they're tapped out and have almost nothing to show :p

If they're having a Direct in June it almost certainly has to be this week. They didn't do one this week because of Strikers, next week is free, week after is Three Hopes and the week after that is Financials again apparently?? Have they ever done a Direct like 2 to 3 days before/after a briefing?

The quarter closes on the 30th, but the briefing is in August 3rd.

Nintendo only announces E3 Directs in advance and since there's officially no E3 this year, there's no need for them to announce their event so early. Therefore, I still believe it will be next week.

Nintendo only announces E3 Directs in advance and since there's officially no E3 this year, there's no need for them to announce their event so early. Therefore, I still believe it will be next week.
Well they could, because of Treehouse. As for next week since it's not on 14th or 15th only possibility is 16th but am betting on week after.

Today is the Day: Dominion
only in theaters this Friday
So Dinosaur Direct??

So, the Direct should be in the second half of June, which is fine to me. the only reassurence we need is about June and Nate has been adamant about it. i was wonderimg, what kind of games and annoucement we should expect?

-a couple of reliable insider are totally on board for a Metroid Prime HD/Definitive Edition. this is definitely the time to show it, maybe not a major annoucement but I'm excited about it.

-is Nintendo willing to show for the second year in a row a new Metroid without showing Metroid Prime 4? this is a though call, I don't really have an opinion about the matter.

-Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Mario Rabbids 2, Bayonetta 3...al this game are slated for 2022, maybe one of this will slide into early 2023 but I think we will see a fleshy trailer for each of these games.

-is this new Fire Emblem ready to be shown? if it's a 2022 game I would say yes, otherwise we will see the game in september. I think it's a coin toss, in my opinion Bayonetta 3 and new FE won't both make the CY.

-what's in store for 2023 beyond 22/23 fiscal year?, and what Nintendo is willing to show? I think this is the most exciting part; Botw 2, MP4, DK...plenty of titles to dream about. I think we will see a title, two would be a dream scenario. i hope to be surprised and amazed.
I agree with this
Nate is very reliable and he is adamant on June.
So as long as it's this month it's good.
Gamewise I think there's still some stuff we don't know about, like Nate's Fire Emblem, officially atleast.
I don't really expect any of the games you mentioned to slip into next year.
Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3 already have a date, Nate talked about Mario & Rabbids having made good progress so it's definitely coming this year too and Bayonetta 3 also showed lots of positive signs recently.
And then there's still lots of room for other games at the end of the year.
So maybe we'll see Fire Emblem this year and possibly even something new?
If anything slips into next year they still have Advance Wars to fill in gaps, even though I expect that for December, exactly one year after the original date it got delayed from to then get put into Limbo.

I don’t get why Nintendo keeps acting like « Let’s be the last and announce it at the very last moment because reasons ».

Easy, when you look at something you remember most of the time the first or last in a presentation or something in the like.

Nintendo being last is good for them as there is nothing else taking up the space for others. Like sure most of us check everything out but then after all presentations ended you spend 'more' time on the thing that is last because you don't need to check on something else anymore. Thats how I see it :p

So Dinosaur Direct??

I agree with this
Nate is very reliable and he is adamant on June.
So as long as it's this month it's good.
Gamewise I think there's still some stuff we don't know about, like Nate's Fire Emblem, officially atleast.
I don't really expect any of the games you mentioned to slip into next year.
Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3 already have a date, Nate talked about Mario & Rabbids having made good progress so it's definitely coming this year too and Bayonetta 3 also showed lots of positive signs recently.
And then there's still lots of room for other games at the end of the year.
So maybe we'll see Fire Emblem this year and possibly even something new?
If anything slips into next year they still have Advance Wars to fill in gaps, even though I expect that for December, exactly one year after the original date it got delayed from to then get put into Limbo.
I Just have a gut feeling that a last 2022 quarter with Bayo3, New Fire Emblem, Mario Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime HD and Pokémon could be too much, but maybe I'm wrong. A FE Genealogy of the Holy War Is rumored for 2023, IIRC

-Metroid Prime HD
-Fire Emblem
-Everybody 1,2 Switch
-Zelda WW & TP HD
-2D Zelda
-2D Mario
-3D Mario
-Paper Mario: CS Port
-Donkey Kong
-ARMS 2
-New IP

Ignoring already announced games, I think all the games above have a chance to appear in the Direct. Either Mario & DK would take the October spot. In that scenario, WW&TP would be the Aug game. However, if 2D Zelda is releasing, that takes the Oct slot and something else fills in the Aug month. This would be my guess, which seems a bit optimistic:

June: Strikers, Three Hopes
July: Xenoblade 3
Aug: WW&TP HD & Everybody Switch
Sep: Splatoon 3 & Mario Rabbids 2
Oct: Donkey Kong
Nov: Pokemon & Metroid Prime HD
Dec: Bayonetta 3

IMO it's either Wednesday the 22nd or Thursday the 30th. Leaning toward the 30th but wouldn't be shocked by the former

As I love Banjo a lot, I don't think micro could do justice to threeie, also I don't see the potential of a remake like spyro or crash, as the game still looks gorgeous in 4K and it plays wonderfully. The only think I expect from banjo is Tooie on Switch, I would be happy with that.

That said, even if I know all the IPs and studies micro has, and even if I have a series X, I can't be hyped by their potential lineup. I'm not saying that they won't be great games, but with the exception of Goldeneye and fable (and perfect dark, but I know deep inside that I won't have nothing in common with the original but the names), nothing else from them has my attention, I feel total indifference and I think is the first time in all my gaming life since the NES that I feel something like this. That's bad, I really hope I can be hyped again by their games some day.
Nah, everything can be remastered or remade, just see TLOU. I'm not aware how the games perform in the Gamepass, but I imagine a improved version would surely generate some interest / subscriptions. I'm also pretty skeptical of MS doing Threeie (hello, battletoads, you little disapointment), but who knows? Maybe it is not a vehicle building simulator.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!
Happy Friday, my good sir!

Really looking forward to Nate's Microsoft predictions tomorrow -- about as much as the event itself. I was a day one adopter of the Series X and Halo Infinite had so much promise, but the content is pitiful. Forza Horizon 5 was amazing. Let's see what else they're bringing to the table through 2023

This was the list I came up with as possible announcements from Nintendo in response to The Captain's post, which I've quoted again here:
  • Metroid Prime HD
  • Zelda HD ports
  • DK
  • Horse game
We already have a lot for the remainder of 2022
But this is Nintendo they always have a curveball to throw. Perhaps we see those curveballs in a September Direct instead?
  • Fire Emblem
  • whatever Grezzo are doing
  • whatever Good-Feel are doing
  • EPD 9 maybe
  • EPD 10 (2D Mario? Pikmin 4?)
  • EPD 8 (3D Mario, 2D game?)
  • whatever random shit Nintendo decided is a good idea
I'd also add:
- NSO update (new game? new system?)

I feel like if a direct is happening this month, which I will obviously take Nate as his word regarding, it should at least be announced before the investor's meeting. It wouldn't make sense to not have at least some indication of a direct going into that? Right?

at this point I just need a release date for Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime HD, everything else is pure bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom