• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about a few weeks before. As for Directs happening the same week... hmmm...

The only one I could find was that September 13, 2018 direct happening the day before the Labo Vehicle Kit came out, but I don't think that really counts. It's far more common to either be 1-2 weeks before a release, or the week directly after one. Which means... probably nothing, again, but it is interesting. Because in that case, Nintendo is stuck between Three Hopes release week and the shareholders meeting week. Maybe they really will do it June 30th so it's after the meeting, but it would still feel really weird to me to do a direct the day AFTER your shareholder's meeting when everyone will want to know what's coming out soon and have all kinds of questions that you could probably answer by having a direct beforehand.
It's also important to note that Sep 2018 Direct you mentioned was delayed a week because of the Hokkaido 2018 earthquake

You mean "we're all insane and can't be patient even for two seconds without needing reassurance despite nothing having changed", it's okay, you can tell us, we know :).

Wouldn't they want it to happen BEFORE the shareholders meeting in that case, though?
They’ve done it right after shareholder meetings before which is always weird how you get the few hours with empty release calendar charts. It’s weird.

Going back on the Direct hype train. I'm losing hope for next week personally, however much I'd like it to happen. Week after maybe?
What are your actual, hard honest thoughts on when the Direct airs? Next week? Two weeks from now? Last week of June?

I’m just telling myself “by the last week of June” and trying to not put much more thought to it until the next leak

Fire Emblem Three Hopes is a third party game published by Nintendo in the West (that makes use of Nintendo IP) , does this may make a difference?

Don’t forget we are down to nine possible Direct dates and Nate ruled out the 14th (which makes sense to begin with as that’s Xbox Day 2). That leaves eight days! 15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, and the 30th. We are in the end game now!

Fire Emblem Three Hopes is a third party game published by Nintendo in the West (that makes use of Nintendo IP) , does this may make a difference?
Unless it is early that week, say the 21st, I’m skeptical of that week because there are like four big-ish games releasing that week including Fire Emblem. Just seems like a weird week to do it since everything will be lost in the hype of future games. Could definitely still happen, I’m just skeptical.

Don’t forget we are down to nine possible Direct dates and Nate ruled out the 14th (which makes sense to begin with as that’s Xbox Day 2). That leaves eight days! 15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, and the 30th. We are in the end game now!
Missed opportunity to do a bingo board of de-confirmed days!

Just remembered sunbreak drops June 30th, that was deemed big enough by Nintendo to open a direct last year. Really weird that it doesn't seem like it's next week, it seems like the ideal time slot in so many ways,

Unless it is early that week, say the 21st, I’m skeptical of that week because there are like four big-ish games releasing that week including Fire Emblem. Just seems like a weird week to do it since everything will be lost in the hype of future games. Could definitely still happen, I’m just skeptical.
I think Nate put up a video like 3 weeks ago, it seemed like a random summer song and almost literally half the lyrics were something like, 'it's summer...it's summer.' Summer starts June 21st.

Nate says June and I believe him.

Also August and onward is still mostly undated. It needs to happen soon.
August will probably have no game like the other August of Switch lifespan and September already has Splatoon 3 dated. While I think the Direct will happen this month, they could get away with an early July direct

(Of course my post depends on the fact that no important 3rd party uses the Direct to reveal a game for August/Early September)

August will probably have no game like the other August of Switch lifespan and September already has Splatoon 3 dated. While I think the Direct will happen this month, they could get away with an early July direct
I think there will be an August game from Nintendo since they have too many games floating to skip a month, but I’m referring to both them and third parties to be clear. The only Switch thing in August I can think of is NIS Classics Vol 3 which I’m fairly excited for.

Edit: Blossom Tales II is in August too and that's going to be awesome!

Last edited:
Nate says June and I believe him.

Also August and onward is still mostly undated. It needs to happen soon.
They could release Advance Wars in August and tell us with a tweet though. Technically they could wait even until August to make a Direct just to date whatever will release in October and December, though I imagine they'll do a Direct this or next month and one in September like they usually do.

They could release Advance Wars in August and tell us with a tweet though. Technically they could wait even until August to make a Direct just to date whatever will release in October and December, though I imagine they'll do a Direct this or next month and one in September like they usually do.
Any important release from Nintendo has around a 3 month marketing period at least, so is hard to imagine them making a Direct on August for October/late September games

Any important release from Nintendo has around a 3 month marketing period at least, so is hard to imagine them making a Direct on August for October/late September games
We will have to wait and see, I guess they'd want to have those 3 months instead of 2, so July is probably as late as they'd show a Direct.

Yes the direct is just advertisements but gaming is my hobby and I just want to know what I'm buying this year to distract myself with. My life sucks and I need the distraction. With that said you'll never find me being toxic about it even if the direct being late June bums me out beyond belief.

XBOX and Capcom should both have decent showings coming up, so that's fairly exciting.

Then we'll eventually get our Direct

XBOX and Capcom should both have decent showings coming up, so that's fairly exciting.

Then we'll eventually get our Direct

Well at least Xbox, capcom doesn’t have a good track record on presentations haha. But even just more of what they’ve shown so far at partner events would be a win.

(Of course my post depends on the fact that no important 3rd party uses the Direct to reveal a game for August/Early September)
Astral Chain was released on August 30 and Mario + Rabbids on August 29. There's a slim chance that Bayonetta 3 or Mario+Rabbids 2 will be released on August 27, two weeks prior Splatoon 3.
If the second half of the year is stacked, it makes sense to release a game in August and have a direct at the end of June at the latest. And considering Splatoon 3 mega sales power ( at least in Japan ) maybe Nintendo won't release any other game in September ? that's a possibility

I think the best way to lose something is to want it too badly.

I think the XBOX show might at least be decent, I'm looking forward to that. It'll at least give some of the usual E3 feel
They have purchased so many companies that I feel like everyone must have at least one win there lol

Well at least Xbox, capcom doesn’t have a good track record on presentations haha. But even just more of what they’ve shown so far at partner events would be a win.
To be fair, my bar is now set at "does this presentation include less than 5 Sci-Fi Horror Shooters"

yeah they're gonna give us plenty to chew on, and are pretty accessible now with xcloud and the cheap series S!
Just moments after you posted this they got even cheaper as a Samsung TV app for Game Pass! Can you use these powers for more savings for us? 😄

There's a Wholesome Direct coming up too, and that'll probably have some interesting games in it.
Keep forgetting about this. Can't wait. I hope Tinykin and Clive 'N' Wrench are coming very soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in there!

Why don’t they drop some their digital Wii U games like NES remix or Pushmo in august or when y they have lighter periods?
Now that, my fellow internet friend, would make too much sense. This is Nintendo we’re talking about of course.

Now that Square Enix is selling off Eidos, what could Square Enix, known for their JRPGs, possibly show at any future Square Enix E3 presentations?
MnEzY1a.jpg

Actually the Direct is already filmed, edited and everything since middle of May but Miyamoto is just not happy with that Pikmin 4 trailer just yet, so he is taking it into perfection in late nights in his basements and editing it with Pikmin skeleton crew.
Worth every moment of wait then 🌼

Wrong. More saga remasters (not that I’m complaining about those).
I mostly just want to get more old games that aren't available on current console platforms. Chrono Trigger, FFTactics, etc. But I'm not complaining about Saga games either, the more the merrier! Just give us all of them, SE!

I mostly just want to get more old games that aren't available on current console platforms. Chrono Trigger, FFTactics, etc. But I'm not complaining about Saga games either, the more the merrier! Just give us all of them, SE!
Agreed. I want those Quintet SNES games to be rereleased.

Look, I get it. Some of you aren't convinced by this whole "evidence" thing. You need PATTERNS. So, let me introduce Xenoblade Blogpost Theory. It's capitalized so you can trust it

Xenoblade 3 has been having biweekly Japanese blog posts on Wednesdays (in the US) to advertise aspects of the game. The first of these followed the release date trailer. The latest was last week. Thus, we can expect a blog post to follow a Direct trailer, and we can also expect a blog post next week. Ergo, the Direct is next week, Wednesday

Or it's the last week of June but let's ignore that
Ok so I'm resurrecting this theory after it was just murdered to note that the last week of June also lines up with it fairly well

A game I never said was coming last year (only that I had heard talk a game was in development) & hardware that developers have in-hand & are working with.

And with that any further Direct timing I'm done giving. It's June. Be patient. Go play games.
Play games??! Sir that is a very dangerous thing to do!🤭

I won't lie, the Sonic Frontiers gameplay reveals have been the best parts of this not E3 season. Every few days you get at least one "WTF" moment today being that Frontier was not at Summer Game Fest despite being used in promos for the show. I legit look forward to each new bit of footage.

This may come back to bite me, but I'm feeling rather confident in the Direct being 6/29 or 6/30. Didn't somebody say 6/29 is a shareholder meeting or something?

I won't lie, the Sonic Frontiers gameplay reveals have been the best parts of this not E3 season. Every few days you get at least one "WTF" moment today being that Frontier was not at Summer Game Fest despite being used in promos for the show. I legit look forward to each new bit of footage.
And IGN delayed todays sonic video for SGF which was a bad move lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom