• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I trust Nate a lot when it comes to Nintendo Direct, he was never wrong on the matter. If the Direct is at the end of the month, that may explain why people haven't heard of it yet.

I'm thinking the opposite, and it has absolutely nothing to do with E3 or the lack thereof.

Nintendo's barely said a thing about H2 other than delaying their biggest game, and shuffling some existing ones. They are also starting to get into uncharted territory for Nintendo console sales - they've already surpassed Wii. It's time to inject some life into the future line-up
True but also we have so many games setup for this year already (XB3, Splatoon, Mario Rabbids, Bayonetta) that a majority of the announcements could just be updates and it’d be a solid showing. Then, H1 next year can be shown in a fall direct.

And uh knock on the great deku tree but…

To that point, a twitter direct would do the job just fine lol

True but also we have so many games setup for this year already (XB3, Splatoon, Mario Rabbids, Bayonetta) that a majority of the announcements could just be updates and it’d be a solid showing. Then, H1 next year can be shown in a fall direct.

And uh knock on the great deku tree but…

To that point, a twitter direct would do the job just fine lol
3rd parties exist and there is no ‘big’ 3rd party exclusive for H2 after Live A Live, either Nintendo 3rd party support is doomed or they have to reveal the games

What was the hint? I've obviously missed it.

And his follow up comment hint - "The answer rests within the question".

I don't think his hint was outright telling anybody which is the right option, it was just limiting viable options in the poll. The time he posted the poll and follow up comment was end of May, and the hint would rule out the first two poll options as neither of those are 'tradition' or 'later than usual'.

I just got off work and saw both Neon White and TMNT have presence at SGFs

Well that’s plot twist.

Also why do Hollow Knights continue to suffer? Will Nintendo save you? Maybe Microsoft?

Mostly a lurker here but I just have to say, I'll be stunned if the Direct is not on 6/22. @Awesomegames23 pointed out the 27.27% being expressed as 6/22 back on page 107, and Nate later debunked this saying it was bait. But I ask, what else could he possibly say? He can't possibly confirm it, although he did later say that some had who had been following the hints had gotten it right.

Given everything else we've seen and heard since then, I'm putting all my chips on 6/22. At the very least if it comes earlier, hooray, if 6/22 passes without it I get to experience being stunned by a non-announcement.
You gave me an idea...we should be taking bets. And thank you for recognizing my genius.

Looking at Summer Game fest, I’m just not that interested in several third party games are the Callisto Protocol, Street Fighter VI and TMNT Shredders Revenge. Oh and Midnight Suns.

Hope the Switch still gets its share of cool announcements though.

In general, it seems like the people who want a new 2D Zelda are the ones who think TP/WW HD isn't happening (or shouldn't at all), and the people who missed out on the HD versions and don't have the financial fortitude to "just get a Wii U" these days are thirsty for the Switch ports of TP/WW and think it's happening.

Honestly, if we don't get the Wii U Zelda ports this year I'm going to be majorly bummed out. I don't think proximity to BotW 2 matters at all. I know Pokemon can be a special case, but this past year for Pokemon has shown that if an IP is popular enough, releases don't really cannibalize sales of each other on the Switch. Plus, I don't believe any Pokemon game has gotten the critical reception BotW did. BotW 2 will sell great no matter how many 3D Zeldas are out beforehand.

I would love, love, love to finally get my hands on the HD versions of my favorite 3D Zeldas.

Hi, I see what you mean and I'm sorry my post came off that way. I wasn't meaning to imply that people who want to play WW/TP should get a Wii U or that it's easy to get one or have access to those games. I also wasn't meaning anything condescending or suggesting people who can't afford a Wii U and those games aren't deserving of them. I just meant that for me personally, I'm most interested in Zelda games that are either brand new, new remakes, or re-releases that seen a re-release least recently. I completely support the idea of Zelda fans getting to play and enjoy every Zelda possible on Switch. My speculation was (and I tried to make this clear in my post) based on a mix of what makes sense to me and my own boss of what I want to see.

It's pretty much intended as the same intention of any of our hopes for the Direct. Personally, the only announced Nintendo game of the past 12 months of Directs that excited me was Kirby. That's disappointing to me as a Zelda, Mario, DK and Pikmin fan. I'm just not into the franchises that have recently been getting games. So, I'd really love to see any announcement that excites me, just as we each have our own faves. I'm also happy for fans of those franchises, my own desires are just my own desires and I own that. I hope that makes more sense. I see your passion to get these ports and I really hope you do, and that it's the HD versions because to me personally they are a significant improvement for both games. 😄

I feel like the only groups who may have understood Nate's hints already are soon-ish/June-ish referring to nearly out of June, and the tradition (14th) but later (15th) crowd. So June 29/30 or June 15.
I think you're right, and also the theory of "tradition but later" meaning the 14th but later than the usual time is possible, too.

at this point every bit of evidence pointing towards the 15th has dissipated so I feel like it's probably the 28th-30th. Best reasoning I can think up as to why they wouldn't do it next week is that they want to show a new FE coming this year and they want to wait until after Three Hopes is out. Hope I'm wrong

at this point every bit of evidence pointing towards the 15th has dissipated so I feel like it's probably the 28th-30th. Best reasoning I can think up as to why they wouldn't do it next week is that they want to show a new FE coming this year and they want to wait until after Three Hopes is out. Hope I'm wrong
I actually considered that, too. Like, maybe they want to announce the new Fire Emblem, and even though they know they could announce it before Three Hopes is out since they've done that in the past and they're still different genres, they decided that they'd rather wait until the week after Three Hopes before they drop more FE news to keep them more separated.

Most likely that has very little to do with the Direct timing, and I'm still on Team 22/23rd for now, but that could maybe be at least partially a reason to do it the last week.

I'd think it would be kind of akward to stream a Direct a day or two before two "major" releases (this week with Mario Strikers and within 2 weeks with Fire Emblem) as I feel it would steal a bit of spotlight (even if they get mentioned during the Direct) but well it's Nintendo who're we talking about. Who knows, actually.

I'd think it would be kind of akward to stream a Direct a day or two before two "major" releases (this week with Mario Strikers and within 2 weeks with Fire Emblem) as I feel it would steal a bit of spotlight (even if they get mentioned during the Direct) but well it's Nintendo who're we talking about. Who knows, actually.
At this point, Saturdays and Sundays are almost on the table (this is a joke).

If the leak is correct, then it will be on the 15th at 6 pm CEST :/
Tbh I hope it will be on the 14th at non-E3 time (midnight for us) because I wouldn't be able to watch it live on Wednesday afternoon
I'll be in Berlin at a software developer conference all day long tuesday and wednesday. :/
Ill only get back home to Porto wednesday 11pm CEST, so I really am hoping for that thursday direct

They've actually had a history of doing Directs 1-2 weeks before a game comes out, it's pretty common. At one point I looked it up to check and although it isn't EVERY time, it's a surprisingly high amount.

Not that that means anything, and is probably more to do with quarterly release timings and how they tend to do Directs quarterly as well (minus October/November/December)

They've actually had a history of doing Directs 1-2 weeks before a game comes out, it's pretty common. At one point I looked it up to check and although it isn't EVERY time, it's a surprisingly high amount.

Not that that means anything, and is probably more to do with quarterly release timings and how they tend to do Directs quarterly as well (minus October/November/December)

Ah, yes, I know it's common doing Directs a week or two before releases — but a day or two before? I don't remember at all, at least during recent years when they just standarized dates (January/February, June, September) instead of doing like 3 Directs a month.

I'll give the community/thread credit when it comes to Nintendo & Directs. The passion burns deep.

It's certainly a possibility.
You mean "we're all insane and can't be patient even for two seconds without needing reassurance despite nothing having changed", it's okay, you can tell us, we know :).

The shareholders meeting is on the 29th, so if there is to be a Direct on that week it should be on the 30th.
Wouldn't they want it to happen BEFORE the shareholders meeting in that case, though?

I don't think a Direct has ever happend in the same week as their shareholders meeting as far as I can remember.

I'll give the community/thread credit when it comes to Nintendo & Directs. The passion burns deep.
It's always ridiculous when the passion nosedives into hostility, toxicity, and bad faith arguments, but when the community is just buzzing with excitement and memes and too much Subway to handle, it's a pretty special level of loyalty lmao

Ah, yes, I know it's common doing Directs a week or two before releases — but a day or two before? I don't remember at all, at least during recent years when they just standarized dates (January/February, June, September) instead of doing like 3 Directs a month.
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about a few weeks before. As for Directs happening the same week... hmmm...

The only one I could find was that September 13, 2018 direct happening the day before the Labo Vehicle Kit came out, but I don't think that really counts. It's far more common to either be 1-2 weeks before a release, or the week directly after one. Which means... probably nothing, again, but it is interesting. Because in that case, Nintendo is stuck between Three Hopes release week and the shareholders meeting week. Maybe they really will do it June 30th so it's after the meeting, but it would still feel really weird to me to do a direct the day AFTER your shareholder's meeting when everyone will want to know what's coming out soon and have all kinds of questions that you could probably answer by having a direct beforehand.

At least directs only has announcements or updates. Today’s SGF stream had literal advertisements used for other formats in it. Like ads within ads.

I'd like to take a moment and apologize for being rude and entitled, there's obviously worse things in the world but life kinda sucks at times (although I shouldn't take it out on others) and it was just another thing on the pile. On the bright side, I love my family and friends.

Also sorry to @NateDrake for constantly bombarding you with asking the same old questions everytime. You said June, you said to have patience so that's what I'll do!

Going back on the Direct hype train. I'm losing hope for next week personally, however much I'd like it to happen. Week after maybe?
What are your actual, hard honest thoughts on when the Direct airs? Next week? Two weeks from now? Last week of June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom