• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lol. Seems you were mistaken :p

9-Volt was referring to games coming to Steam, with Gaben (Gabe Newell) saying "Come on Nintendo give me your games." Microsoft's putting all their games on Steam now, and all of Sony's PC games have gotten Steam releases.
I was confused Yes lol

Actually the Direct is already filmed, edited and everything since middle of May but Miyamoto is just not happy with that Pikmin 4 trailer just yet, so he is taking it into perfection in late nights in his basements and editing it with Pikmin skeleton crew.

Actually the Direct is already filmed, edited and everything since middle of May but Miyamoto is just not happy with that Pikmin 4 trailer just yet, so he is taking it into perfection in late nights in his basements and editing it with Pikmin skeleton crew.
You joke but these are generally filmed a month or two in advance

need to get just the right font for that "coming 2025" part at the end otherwise what's even the point

Sometimes people are surprised business decisions happen because of personal friendships/affinity, but the fallout between Geoff and Nintendo is probably 100% down to Reggie leaving Nintendo. Reggie saw Geoff and its platform like an opportunity, meanwhile Bowser does not like his platform/lack of attention.

You joke but these are generally filmed a month or two in advance
You mean these inputs with Takahashi and Koizumi? I would give it 2 weeks max. Since they already have that Direct structure, these are last things that are being done.

Obviously there will be a Direct next week, but Zelda won't be there because BOTW 2 IS NEVER HAPPENING AND IT'LL NOT SHOW UP AND BE TEASED AND DELAYED INTO PERPETUITY
I know you're joking but people awaiting BotW 2 need to calm down. Compared to Metroid Prime 4, they have been downright generous with BotW 2 content.

I wish the DK “leak” didn’t happen. It wasn’t really substantial but I thought it happened because the reveal was kinda imminent. Now we DK fans are just tired

Obviously there will be a Direct next week, but Zelda won't be there because BOTW 2 IS NEVER HAPPENING AND IT'LL NOT SHOW UP AND BE TEASED AND DELAYED INTO PERPETUITY
Imagine being someone working on BOTW2, working on game for more than 5+ years must be something, and not just talking about Zelda but games in general. You must be really burned out sometimes.

Imagine being someone working on BOTW2, working on game for more than 5+ years must be something, and not just talking about Zelda but games in general. You must be really burned out sometimes.
I agree: the people that most want Zelda to show up are those working on it. They're doing everything they can.

only have a little bit of experience in game dev, but being hyped with your coworkers about what you're making certainly helps

The real question is which comes first, Pokémon snap on nso’s release date being announced or the direct which likely has the new n64 nso roadmap
Oh I got it, in spite of Mario Strikers’ release, Snap will be announced for next Thursday at 9PM EST tonight

Mostly a lurker here but I just have to say, I'll be stunned if the Direct is not on 6/22. @Awesomegames23 pointed out the 27.27% being expressed as 6/22 back on page 107, and Nate later debunked this saying it was bait. But I ask, what else could he possibly say? He can't possibly confirm it, although he did later say that some had who had been following the hints had gotten it right.

Given everything else we've seen and heard since then, I'm putting all my chips on 6/22. At the very least if it comes earlier, hooray, if 6/22 passes without it I get to experience being stunned by a non-announcement.

Remember how after the September 2020 Partner Showcase there was Monster Hunter Direct right after this presentation? After June Direct there will be Prime 4, Pikmin 4 Direct and BOTW2 Direct. All instead of Treehouse.

Don't do this to yourself.
They can show 0/3 of them and if I get more XC3 videos+new JRPGs I'm happy so I'm pretty secure about not being disappointed by the Direct even if I have been waiting about news for these three games (especially Pikmin 4) for years

I actually don't mind that the actual hype cycle is rather short.
Well the hype cycle starts before the announcement, around the time people just start thinking we're due for a Direct soon. Extending the timeframe between announcement and airdate would provide a longer interim of anticipatory buildup, sure, but logistically it would just help people actually catch the show.

Mostly a lurker here but I just have to say, I'll be stunned if the Direct is not on 6/22. @Awesomegames23 pointed out the 27.27% being expressed as 6/22 back on page 107, and Nate later debunked this saying it was bait. But I ask, what else could he possibly say? He can't possibly confirm it, although he did later say that some had who had been following the hints had gotten it right.

Given everything else we've seen and heard since then, I'm putting all my chips on 6/22. At the very least if it comes earlier, hooray, if 6/22 passes without it I get to experience being stunned by a non-announcement.
Nate doesn't have to say anything. If someone guessed correctly, wouldn't it make more sense to not reply instead of invalidating a correct guess?

Final prediction is still a Direct next week on Wednesday. I don't know why we're all doomposting about it all of the sudden, it's going to be next week

What if we get no direct this month just a Zelda trailer follow up with an direct in July

I'm thinking Nate's "in the question" hint probably meant something as simple as "The Direct will be later than usual"

Anyways, at least we've got Sunbreak news next week?

I get the feeling that this June Direct will be treated more as a standard Direct since E3 isn't a thing this year. So I wouldn't expect bombshell after bombshell or anything like that.
I mean if the Direct is similar to the February one I am more than pleased. That had some good surprises in there.

I want to see Everybody's 1-2 Switch revealed at the Direct just to see Koizumi and Takahashi to play some minigames like with volleyball last time.

I get the feeling that this June Direct will be treated more as a standard Direct since E3 isn't a thing this year. So I wouldn't expect bombshell after bombshell or anything like that.

Since the Switch released there isn't much of a difference between the E3 Direct and the usual ones.

They tried to save stuff like 3D Zelda for it but that's basically it. And that's over now as well with E3 gone.

I'm thinking the opposite, and it has absolutely nothing to do with E3 or the lack thereof.

Nintendo's barely said a thing about H2 other than delaying their biggest game, and shuffling some existing ones. They are also starting to get into uncharted territory for Nintendo console sales - they've already surpassed Wii. It's time to inject some life into the future line-up

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
I want to see Everybody's 1-2 Switch revealed at the Direct just to see Koizumi and Takahashi to play some minigames like with volleyball last time.
I want to see them in Maga hats again

this is a callback to someone’s typo back in the original thread that I’m too lazy to dig up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom