• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo announced last years show 13 days in advance, FYI

So that puts us out to the 23 as of tomorrow, or likely the week of the 27 as of next week if the pattern holds

they never do

So that puts us out to the 23 as of tomorrow, or likely the week of the 27 as of next week if the pattern holds

they never do
29/30 here we come. Get comfy, people, we have some waiting to do

I am not looking forward to this thread going into full doom mode if the Direct isn't until the end of the month. Please no thank you.

The thread is always like this ^

Nate, putting direct speculation aside, are you personally more eager to see Xbox's or Nintendo's June show?

Nintendo Directs are always the best as far as presentation values go imo, but I am very curious when we'll start seeing concrete gameplay from Xbox that solidifies the fruit of their labor regarding acquisitions.

Nate, putting direct speculation aside, are you personally more eager to see Xbox's or Nintendo's June show?

Nintendo Directs are always the best as far as presentation values go imo, but I am very curious when we'll start seeing concrete gameplay from Xbox that solidifies the fruit of their labor regarding acquisitions.
Xbox. Microsoft has so many possible games to show.

We actually just finished our predictions recording and we drop a few prediction bombs in there that will get people excited.

We actually just finished our predictions recording and we drop a few prediction bombs in there that will get people excited.
Oh man, I can't wait. Sunday should be a lot of fun.

This episode drops tomorrow, right?

The thread is always like this ^

Hey Nate, sorry if you already answered this before, but do you know if there's any reason why Nintendo is doing the direct later than usual? Is it because something wasn't quite ready to be shown yet? Or is it because they didn't want to be in the proximity of Summer Games Fest?

Will be Saturday morning. I don't have time to edit and do everything tonight to make it in time for tomorrow morning, unfortunately.
I've been stuck in a black hole with work myself lately, so totally get it. Looking forward to the podcast and Xbox's event! Definitely feels like they have the highest potential to surprise this year.

Hey Nate, sorry if you already answered this before, but do you know if there's any reason why Nintendo is doing the direct later than usual? Is it because something wasn't quite ready to be shown yet? Or is it because they didn't want to be in the proximity of Summer Games Fest?
I'm not Nate, but it's probably because Nintendo wants the marketing focus to be on Mario Strikers and Fire Emblem Warriors before switching focus to Xenoblade and other games releasing in H2.

How much of this is the fact that Xbox is an unknown with a ton of potential? (as they have been for a couple years now with all the acquisitions)

Are you fairly confident you know most of what Nintendo will show here?

How much of this is the fact that Xbox is an unknown with a ton of potential? (as they have been for a couple years now with all the acquisitions)

Are you fairly confident you know most of what Nintendo will show here?
MS potential is off the charts. It's a question of when do we see them show this potential.

they never do
If we're going back to #PATTERNZ, then here's one: Nintendo has never had a non-Partner-Mini Direct later than the 26th of the month, at least since like 2015 which was pre-Switch era anyway.

What does that mean? ...not a whole lot, since I'm sure they'd do it if they felt like it and there's no real reason for it, BUT STILL! The PATTERNS, MAN!

MS potential is off the charts. It's a question of when do we see them show this potential.

I already have Starfield pegged as a likely game of the show - ‘NASA-punk Skyrim’ sounds right up my alley.

Very curious what else will show. inXile’s steampunk game would be another highlight. I’d have been hopeful for more PD and Fable teasers but Grubb said those aren’t showing up

I think Microsoft, with the amount of studios they have, can always have the potential to be better than everyone else. Of course if you’re taste isn’t into their games it won’t matter

I already have Starfield pegged as a likely game of the show - ‘NASA-punk Skyrim’ sounds right up my alley.

Very curious what else will show. inXile’s steampunk game would be another highlight. I’d have been hopeful for more PD and Fable teasers but Grubb said those aren’t showing up
I just want to see actual Starfield gameplay. Not concept art, not a segment that's 90% devs talking about the game with tiny snippets of scenery; actual gameplay.

And I think we might get it Sunday, it's about time, even with the delay! I'm optimistic at least.

I just want to see actual Starfield gameplay. Not concept art, not a segment that's 90% devs talking about the game with tiny snippets of scenery; actual gameplay.

And I think we might get it Sunday, it's about time, even with the delay! I'm optimistic at least.

I was already sold by the "Skyrim in space" pitch, but I agree - we're due for some gameplay. Plenty of unanswered questions like the scope of the game world, is there controlled space flight, how does combat work, portrayal of non-human species etc.

I was already sold by the "Skyrim in space" pitch, but I agree - we're due for some gameplay. Plenty of unanswered questions like the scope of the game world, is there controlled space flight, how does combat work, portrayal of non-human species etc.
The space travel is a big one for me and how it will work.

Morning Fami, what's the vibe?`
xyuxui8.jpg

Seriously though I'm coasting along fine. Three of my dream games are coming out this year so Nintendo could wait till September to do a Direct and I'd be fine

I think the only pattern that hasn’t been broken in the Switch era is the September Direct being one week before TGS.

Yeah. I really hope I can pilot a ship in the game

Todd mentioned "like flight in the 40's, it's dangerous". It's not clear whether they were implying that's how it's perceived by the world and NPCs (ie. immature technology), or if it's describing our experience as a player flying.

Last edited:
Todd mentioned "like flight in the 40's, it's dangerous". It's not clear whether they were implying that's how it's perceived in the world and NPCs, or if it's describing our experience as a player flying.
Oh cool I hadn't heard that. I've never had a lot of interest in Elder Scrolls or Fallout but space adventures are right up my alley.

xyuxui8.jpg

Seriously though I'm coasting along fine. Three of my dream games are coming out this year so Nintendo could wait till September to do a Direct and I'd be fine

Great! Getting excited for both Microsoft and Nintendo as they each inch ever closer.

So, business as usual?
I've done some thinking and actually, not being next week isn't too bad for me personally. I have some fun non-Nintendo stuff planned that will keep me distracted.

Now, if it was not until the week after that though.. ouch.

if nothing else the MS show should at least be an entertaining watch

they really nailed the pacing with their E3 thing last year, even though I didn't really care about most of what they showed they did a good job keeping things moving

Today is the day part 3

Banjo, has to be.

Everyone has given up hope but me. ... And Walmart apparantly
As I love Banjo a lot, I don't think micro could do justice to threeie, also I don't see the potential of a remake like spyro or crash, as the game still looks gorgeous in 4K and it plays wonderfully. The only think I expect from banjo is Tooie on Switch, I would be happy with that.

That said, even if I know all the IPs and studies micro has, and even if I have a series X, I can't be hyped by their potential lineup. I'm not saying that they won't be great games, but with the exception of Goldeneye and fable (and perfect dark, but I know deep inside that I won't have nothing in common with the original but the names), nothing else from them has my attention, I feel total indifference and I think is the first time in all my gaming life since the NES that I feel something like this. That's bad, I really hope I can be hyped again by their games some day.

Maybe a late June direct means a new Switch will also be announced (not in the direct necessarily). They tend to announce them in July like Switch Lite, but this would be close enough for a new Switch and games in a direct to show off

Microsoft could be really good

It could also be another two hours of Space Spooky, Bring Guns.

I'm keeping my expectations tempered.

Starfield will almost assuredly have its own flavor of space spooky bring guns. The difference is it won’t be straight horror so I can actually play it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom