• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

Jesus Christ is the Omega Pirate a frustratingly unfun boss fight. I take back everything bad I've ever said about Dread's difficulty. At least Dread's bosses have patterns to learn and you don't have to fight through two rooms and watch the same cutscene everytime you die.

Jesus Christ is the Omega Pirate a frustratingly unfun boss fight. I take back everything bad I've ever said about Dread's difficulty. At least Dread's bosses have patterns to learn and you don't have to fight through two rooms and watch the same cutscene everytime you die.
If you go aggro on the boss during its healing phase, it will go down fast. Use your Power Bombs to get rid of the trash mobs so you can focus on destroying Omega.

If you go aggro on the boss during its healing phase, it will go down fast. Use your Power Bombs to get rid of the trash mobs so you can focus on destroying Omega.
Wait, you can use the Power Bombs against them? That's good to know :'D
Kinda assumed they'd ressit them given the coloured Pirates also don't get damaged by missiles.

My copy is finally in my hands and I spent a reasonable amount of hours playing it today. Reasonable.

I saved and quit after obtaining the Boost Ball.

You people kill the mobs in the omega pirate fight? I've always just avoided them and focused on taking down Omega itself.

I kill off as many as I can until he appears, but once he does I focus on him. When he comes back to his armored form its not long before he kills the remaining ones himself lol.

Yes, Power Bombs are the easy way to clear a lot of the more annoying enemies. I do the same with Fission Metroids.

If only they killed the Chozo Ghosts.

I continue to spend a very normal amount of hours playing this, although not as much as I'd like since the weekend is over. Having a blast and been taking my time to scan everything and take in all the detail.

The Thermal Visor kind of gives me a headache, which I don't remember being a problem on the GameCube or Wii versions, but it could just be me being tired.

Beat Thardus and stopped for the night, but I want to keep playing lol.

digital-frontiers-39.jpg

digital-frontiers-40.jpg

digital-frontiers-74.jpg

digital-frontiers-102.jpg

digital-frontiers-79.jpg

digital-frontiers-13.jpg

digital-frontiers-75.jpg

I continue to be blown away by Prime's attention to detail more than 20 years after its release.
Things like the end of the arm cannon heating up after heavy fire, which not only emits smoke but shows up on the thermal visor, or how shooting the wall leaves a thermal "hot patch" in the visor that fades.

Or just things like how save station A in Phrendrana has a hole in the ceiling that allows snowflakes to drift in and gather in drifts on the floor below, with icicles dripping down around the edges in exactly the way that such formations take shape in real life.

Almost every room, no matter how minor, is packed with unique details like this, like a root that has grown in through a wall and broken through the crumbling masonry as it has done so, or the way the rocks in Magmoor Caverns form the kind of basalt columns seen in volcanic rocks in real life.

Every inch of it feels handcrafted, and it really adds so much to the cohesion and believability of its world.

Last edited:
Remember when folks said there was no point remastering the graphics because the Switch hardware was so utterly terrible that it would just look like shit?
Glad all that got put to rest.

Last edited:
Beat it yesterday with 25 hours in game time and 80% completion. Missing like a dozen Missile Tanks and a couple Chozo scans. Was my second playthrough of the game since originally getting the Trilogy on WiiU.

It's a damn gorgeous game, both in look and sound and the gameplay mostly aged like fine wine. However, I feel like it really drops off towards the endgame. Maybe I'm just not as tolerant to this stuff anymore but the Phazon Mines were a frustrating slog to get through (both times) and both Omega Pirate and Metroid Prime aren't very fun bosses (then again, as has been said by others, bosses are not this game's strong suit), the whole "match beam and enemy colour"-thing gets old very fast too.

I still did not mind the artifact hunt much, mostly because I already found all but 3 during my regular playthrough, it's a bit of an overblown issue imho.
Not sure if I like the new Samus look but it's cool they updated her and gaver her more of a "realistic" look, I guess? Overall, a really great remaster to an already good game. Here's hoping they do 2 and 3 too.

its funny that if those pics leaked in 2022 some people would just say that they re fake and that theres no way retro will be able to do a metroid game with those visuals, much less make it run at 60fps...
"Clearly this is targeting the Switch Pro"

its funny that if those pics leaked in 2022 some people would just say that they re fake and that theres no way retro will be able to do a metroid game with those visuals, much less make it run at 60fps...
I think most people that have played it on emulation pcs would laugh and not think that way.

Damn the pacing increases drastically after
getting power bomb. got surprised I could get grapple and plasma beam so shortly after already.

I really liked Phazon Mines tbh, even tho I felt I could use one checkpoint because I had to do the initial section many times. But the backtracking after doing the stuff is more intuitive than the ones before getting there(seriously felt dumb until I could find where I had to go).

All my concerns about whether I should've got it or not are solved now. It's been what, 1 month since I got the game? I have not finished yet, am ~17 hours playtime on the save, on the Switch profile it says 25h. 53% items. Will definitely 100% that one. And play hard mode after. The quality time I'm having with it is about the same I've had with Odyssey and BotW. Definitely wouldn't do it if I had to run to finish the story had I only rented the game.

The game still amazes me with how good it looks. I love Metroid so much, I'm now living just to play this game(and ain't even hyperbole, when I'm about to give up, I remember I have yet to finish MPR), yesterday it saved me after a very stressful day. I wonder about how the first Metroid Prime 4 trailer will be every day. If Nintendo were smart they'd put a commercial for MPR and a trailer for MP4 before the Mario movie.

Last edited:
Has the audio hint for items always been this strong or is it just the fact that I've been playing the game with headphones on for the first time? I'm having a much easier time finding missile upgrades as I can very clearly hear when there's one close by, which has not been the case at all when playing the game on GameCube or Wii.

Question about late game bosses:

Is Omega Pirate generally considered harder, or Meta Ridley? Because what I remember of Omega Pirate is that it was the biggest wall in the game other than Meta Ridley and Metroid Prime itself, and it used to take me multiple attempts over many hours to get past it. This time, not counting cutscenes, it took me... 81 seconds?

I'm wondering if I am just better at the game than I remember, and if I won't have as much trouble with the other two bosses either lol

Damn the pacing increases drastically after
getting power bomb. got surprised I could get grapple and plasma beam so shortly after already.

I really liked Phazon Mines tbh, even tho I felt I could use one checkpoint because I had to do the initial section many times. But the backtracking after doing the stuff is more intuitive than the ones before getting there(seriously felt dumb until I could find where I had to go).

All my concerns about whether I should've got it or not are solved now. It's been what, 1 month since I got the game? I have not finished yet, am ~17 hours playtime on the save, on the Switch profile it says 25h. 53% items. Will definitely 100% that one. And play hard mode after. The quality time I'm having with it is about the same I've had with Odyssey and BotW. Definitely wouldn't do it if I had to run to finish the story had I only rented the game.

The game still amazes me with how good it looks. I love Metroid so much, I'm now living just to play this game(and ain't even hyperbole, when I'm about to give up, I remember I have yet to finish MPR), yesterday it saved me after a very stressful day. I wonder about how the first Metroid Prime 4 trailer will be every day. If Nintendo were smart they'd put a commercial for MPR and a trailer for MP4 before the Mario movie.
Look after yourself! Don't feel afraid to reach out if you ever need to talk to someone when you feel particularly down! ❤️

Is Omega Pirate generally considered harder, or Meta Ridley? Because what I remember of Omega Pirate is that it was the biggest wall in the game other than Meta Ridley and Metroid Prime itself, and it used to take me multiple attempts over many hours to get past it. This time, not counting cutscenes, it took me... 81 seconds?

I'm wondering if I am just better at the game than I remember, and if I won't have as much trouble with the other two bosses either lol
I always had a hard time with both. But

I have a harder time with Ridley

Has the audio hint for items always been this strong or is it just the fact that I've been playing the game with headphones on for the first time? I'm having a much easier time finding missile upgrades as I can very clearly hear when there's one close by, which has not been the case at all when playing the game on GameCube or Wii.

It sounds exactly the same as the GC version when playing on my TV. With headphones you are getting a lot more of the deep bass frequencies, so it's much easier to perceive.

Just received a survey by Nintendo asking me about my experience with Metroid Prime.
It was mostly about what we prefer in Metroid games (2D or Prime style), and then about what we like and what we dislike in Metroid Prime games, though it had quite a few questions about what we liked in Metroid Prime Remastered as a remaster, and what we dislike. They might still be wondering how they should remaster the other two games ?

I talked about how impressive the remaster looks, and how competitive the price is, especially in comparison to stuff like Dead Space remake which costs two times more.

Just received a survey by Nintendo asking me about my experience with Metroid Prime.
It was mostly about what we prefer in Metroid games (2D or Prime style), and then about what we like and what we dislike in Metroid Prime games, though it had quite a few questions about what we liked in Metroid Prime Remastered as a remaster, and what we dislike. They might still be wondering how they should remaster the other two games ?

I talked about how impressive the remaster looks, and how competitive the price is, especially in comparison to stuff like Dead Space remake which costs two times more.
although dead space is a complete remake, yeah 70 dollars is extremely uncompetitive. It should have been 50 or 60.

I struggled a lot with Omega Pirate until someone here pointed out I could use the Power Bombs for the mooks he spawns. Found Meta Ridley a bit easier... or at least more fun to fight because you don't have to constantly switch beams/visors.

Did ya get any screen shots?

In my experience Omega Pirate has always been harder. Based on what I've seen online and the people I've seen fight both, it seems most people find Omega Pirate harder as well.

Did ya get any screen shots?
No and I'm french anyway so most of you wouldn't understand what it says, but I still have the mail they sent me.

Screenshot-20230316-171635-Gmail.jpg

But basically all the questions were those :

Starts like every Nintendo survey, asking your age, gender, how many people in your household there is, and how many in the household played the game. How did you get the game (did you buy it and did someone offered it to you, if so did you ask for it or was it a surprise).

-Have you played a Metroid game prior to this one ?

-Do you prefer 2D Metroid or 3D Metroid Prime ?

-Why ?

-Select all the Metroid games you have played (it had them all, including Hunters, Pinball, Other M, Federation Force)

-How did you heard about that game ?

-What were the main reasons you bought it ?

-Did you buy it digital, physical, or both ?

-What did you like the most about Prime Remastered ?

-What did you dislike the most about it ?

-Do you agree that Metroid Prime is a very unique game ? (answers were stuff like "yes there's nothing like it", "it's pretty original" "I've played many other games similar to it"

-Which games if any makes you think the most of Metroid Prime ? (You can't say another Metroid game)

How likely on a scale of 0 to 10 are you to recommend this game to family and friends ?

For what I disliked the most, I said I wish they had added a feature to TP from some key points like what they did in Samus Returns and Dread because it can become tiresome in the late game to go from one zone to another again and again, especially for collecting the last artifacts and upgrades you missed.

Last edited:

Omega can be really easy or hard depending how you go about him. PB to break his 4 weak points + being aggressive with Super Missiles in the X-Ray visor phase can get him down super quick. I had forgotten about Super missiles on my first attempt in the remaster and trying out charge shots and plasma beam, and he beat my ass. Second attempt, I knocked out like 2/3 of his health in one cycle. I think one SM can knock out a third of his health

I don’t know if Ridley has a similar “trick” to speeding up/easing the fight, I seem to remember reading something about the Wavebuster? Not sure though

Back
Top Bottom