• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

The tact nintendo has taken with the physical game is pretty gross. I mean i bought it digitally so i dont care about having the box. But the artificial scarcity, making there fans panic buy, enabling scalpers…this is the scummy part of nintendo that needs to change

The tact nintendo has taken with the physical game is pretty gross. I mean i bought it digitally so i dont care about having the box. But the artificial scarcity, making there fans panic buy, enabling scalpers…this is the scummy part of nintendo that needs to change
It wasn't on purpose, the demand exceeded their expectations. It's not a tact, they didn't even advertise it as a limited release like 3D All Stars and they put out an announcement that more copies are coming. Personally I'd blame mostly the people for panicing and doing muktiple preorders which actual made it worse. Scalpers wouldn't have bothered with the game if people had stayed calm.

It wasn't on purpose, the demand exceeded their expectations. It's not a tact, they didn't even advertise it as a limited release like 3D All Stars and they put out an announcement that more copies are coming. Personally I'd blame mostly the people for panicing and doing muktiple preorders which actual made it worse. Scalpers wouldn't have bothered with the game if people had stayed calm.
Scalpers are such scum. They ruined a lot of physical nintendo goods for me, i dont want to have to fight to buy something against someone whose only interest is reselling. Thats why i switched to pretty much digital only with nintendo games. Ill occasional try for a collectors edition, but i dont have it in me to stay up til 3 am anymore waiting for amazon to let me buy something that sill sell out in milliseconds. Even when the new system comes out, ive relagated myself to waiting to buy it until stock evens out. I went through the fight to get my ps5 pre order and it was mentally exhausting

??? maybe we should hold our horses and not throw out vitriol like that for no reason

We will do everything we can to meet the strong demand for the product. Please continue to check with major retailers for availability. If the Metroid Prime Remastered game sells out at various retail locations in the U.S., we will work to provide more units as soon as possible.

It's pretty clear Nintendo just underestimated the demand for the game. It was a 40 dollar release and a digital first shadow drop, it's a very unique situation that would be hard to gauge.

And it's much smarter to make a conservative projection and print more copies according to demand than to print a bunch of games risking them not selling. It's that simple, and that's what they did.

So I have 100% items and scans, and beat the game, but still don't have all the concept art and music unlocked. Please don't say I need to play the game on hard difficulty to get them.

So I have 100% items and scans, and beat the game, but still don't have all the concept art and music unlocked. Please don't say I need to play the game on hard difficulty to get them.
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you do. I was kinda bummed too, but oh well, it gives me some reason to re-play it on hard. I don't know if you have to 100% the game the second time around.

This is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling the physical release was a last-minute decision, so they didn't have time to release enough units from the start. I don't think it was an artificial scarcity thing. They'll release more.

This is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling the physical release was a last-minute decision, so they didn't have time to release enough units from the start. I don't think it was an artificial scarcity thing. They'll release more.
Thats a good point. I apologize to everyone here for my knee jerk response

you don't do physical releases "last minute", these are in production months in advance (that's how you end up with so many day-1 patches). the game dominating the eShops the world over has proven that the demand was simply far greater than they expected.

This game has been done since 2021, I don't think there's anything last minute

You might've pulled a 720p tier move for the entire duration of your playthrough, tbh. See this helpful post. Worked for me.

Hmm, I have this issue with my LG OLED GX where it from time to time shuts of for 2-3 seconds and turns itself on again.
It did so again now tonight when I was playing, and when it popped back the dark areas where much much darker and I could barely see some stuff..

I.. dont know how to change settings on my tv though ? I tried all settings on my Switch but it was still dark it seemed..

Edit: Seems like removing and putting the switch back in the dock helped, but my problem with the tv turning itself off remains.. but that's another topic.

Last edited:
It feels surreal to finally see this on my LG CX.

The game is beautiful.

I find it funny how I get stuck at the exact same spots I got stuck back when I first played the game years ago on the WiiU :'D

Also Phazon Mines are still as super frustrating as I remember them.

Getting so close to finally receiving my copy from Amazon. Going feral just thinking about it. What a time to be a Metroid fan.

Just finished this with 100% items and 100% scans. Really loved coming back to this. My old MPT save file says I got to 70% back in the day, so I got much further than I ever realized and gave up on that run I guess for... reasons? Dunno, but this is a beautiful game filled with hauntingly awesome music and atmosphere. It lives up to so much of the hype. And in general I really liked the boss fights and how they felt tough but fair...

Well except the Omega Pirate and his gaggle of color-coded pirates that are so annoying to deal with and avoid damage from. I never really got a handle on avoiding their damage outside of just "Nuke them as fast as possible". I like the fight still, especially the music, but it was just kind of annoying because the color-coded pirates were my least favorite enemies in the game (I'm fine with Prime being that way though, it makes sense there).

I do think the backtracking occasionally goes a little too much "go to this place and immediately turn around and go ALL THE WAY BACK" as opposed to the brilliance when you're noticing things more gradually and putting together how to explore the space. The Chozo Ruins -> Magmoor -> Phendrana -> Magmoor -> Tallon is indeed one of the more frustrating moments of the game. And I do think there's little issues like with Metroid hitboxes, morph ball moving, and morph ball speed boost up ramps and such that could use a little more polish...

That's it for complaints. It's an extremely solid game that I feel confident putting as one of my favorites of all time. There's so much exploration for you to do and I previously hadn't done scans because I didn't understand it much back then, but the lore is so much deeper and more well thought out than I realized. Loved all the pirate snark and the story of the Chozo. Didn't expect the story and character here to be such a big part of this game. It's just such a wonderful, engaging, and fun product.

Bring on Prime 2 and 3 now pls Nintendo.

Dual stick + gyro is such a fantastic control option that I'm peeved it's tucked away in camera settings. I think folks who might want to experiment with gyro may just check out the control options first, select the pointer controls, find it unwieldy and never attempt gyro again. With the right sensitivity this game motion controls feel wonderful.

Tallon IV remains one of the most beautifully realized worlds in gaming, which makes it ever crazier that, in my humble opinion, the sequels managed to go even harder with the likes of Sanctuary Fortress and Skytown.

Nobody does environment design quite like Retro, and I can't wait to see what worlds they'll bring to life in Prime 4.

i know it's being done by completely different developers, but if that rumored F-zero GX remastered even has 50% of the same effort as prime remastered visuals I will be ecstatic

Lol... how did I miss that the reveal trailer for this said "drop imminent". Cheeky.
I thought that was super obvious, I was surprised how many people just glanced over that in their reactions. I think people were so, so amped that they lost all reason hahaha. I was stoked but when I remembered the text of the game was like...that's not original! It's coming soon!! 100% did not expect shadow drop though. Not a chance.

I finally got my copy after the two-week delay in the Mexican market. I started the game and almost immediately got called to do something in my work fml

Right off the bat, though, I noticed the game looks quite good. I think with some AA it would look stunning, but if it isn't possible without sacrificing the crispy PQ it has, I think they took the best decision there.

I didn't have too much time to experiment with things but I tried the control schemes and, of course, pointer is unusable with a standard controller, classic is also wonky and, sure enough, the other two are the only good ones.

Hybrid is the most appealing one but I immediately got turned off by the fact that you have to press ZR to enable the motion controls. What's up with that? Can you change this? I was expecting something like in the modern DOOM games, which execute this option perfectly imo

EDIT: Ok, so it turns out you can use a Dual Stick + Gyro combination, thank goodness.

Lowering HUD opacity is something I wish other Nintendo games today had. Zelda games are particularly annoying in this regard because the hearts are always good to see but it'd be good if they weren't displayed so prominently at all times.

All around, however, I'm impressed! Can't wait to dive in MP again.

Last edited:
Dual stick + gyro is such a fantastic control option that I'm peeved it's tucked away in camera settings. I think folks who might want to experiment with gyro may just check out the control options first, select the pointer controls, find it unwieldy and never attempt gyro again. With the right sensitivity this game motion controls feel wonderful.

You should have seen when Patrick Klepek streamed his playthrough for Waypoint (he played through the whole game in stream) and chat was trying to talk and guide him through trying out gyro for the first time. Minds were open but I feel the biggest hurdle for gyro aim acceptance is that it's always such a hassle with options and getting the feel right and figuring out what setting you might want to change (since some games have super detailed and granular config options [which is good!!] vs stick control where you know "okay I don't wanna turn as fast/do wanna turn faster because I've done this 10000x".

This is why I went on a longer rant recently about gyro coverage in the press where it often gets either dismissed as waggle trash or mocked with "I don't wanna wave my controller around". It'll never "catch on" like it should because the barrier is still to high and only the nichest of niches are being educated by the community.

tl;dr gyro assisted aim is so good, there should be better standards and more mainstream education about it :)

I got it!

2-D971-AAF-AD9-F-4560-A43-C-86054-DE27906.jpg

Got all E-Tanks and artifacts as well as 200 missiles. Might not get the rest of the missiles before I beat the final two bosses. Someone remind me, is there a point of no return in the game?

Got all E-Tanks and artifacts as well as 200 missiles. Might not get the rest of the missiles before I beat the final two bosses. Someone remind me, is there a point of no return in the game?
Nope. Last save station is in Impact Crater right by the warp to the outside

Just the final bosses left here. Have enjoyed it, but comparing this to Dread I just realised I usually enjoy Nintendo's 2D flagships more than their 3D ones (at least until BotW came along).

2D Metroid, Mario and Zelda have a responsiveness and precision to them that the 3D variants just can't touch, and being a game-feel centered muppet that's super important to me.

woah. TIL that narration options exist on this remaster that were present only in PAL/JP

plus, further unused ones from the games files

This is why for most products, that pre-orders really are important; it lets companies make sound judgements about exactly how many copies they're likely to need for launch date within a reasonably good estimate; if you didn't have that data, you'd end up wildly guessing and missing the mark a whole lot of times, which is what has happened with MP.

Yeah this is a pretty great game - for someone who has it on Gamecube, Wii and digitally on Wii U and never played more than 20 minutes it feels a bit dumb to say that the fourth time I bought it was the time I played it :p

I think I am on the latter half of the game right now at least, with just picking up the Gravity Suit I should have the majority of power ups and ~45% items or so I think. But finding all of those artifacts feels like it's far off.. I have 4 and with 12 remaining I'm gonna search for a long time :p

There's certainly stuff that's a bit dated in terms of design and lack of QoL but as a whole package it has aged extremely well and it really is a superb game. Might just become a top 2 Metroid game for me, and while I do think I prefer the more action oriented 2D Games (Dread is my favorite) but this certainly has me extremely excited what they will do with Prime 4.

In fairness Metroid Prime isn't a game that really needs gyro because it's built around lock on

Sure, but it makes the experience much much better :>
It's so so smooth. Played the first 3-4 hours or so without it, because I didnt know it existed and when I found out it did, it just became a much more enjoyable experience for me.

I rest easy knowing that, somewhere, someone is beating the NSO version of Metroid Fusion as fast as humanly possible so that we can find out if that will let us unlock the Fusion Suit in Prime Remastered

I rest easy knowing that, somewhere, someone is beating the NSO version of Metroid Fusion as fast as humanly possible so that we can find out if that will let us unlock the Fusion Suit in Prime Remastered
pretty sure something like this would have been data mined day 1 in prime remaster

grubb has said on last of the nintendogs he basically doesn't know if prime 2 and 3 are remastered or just ports anymore
I mean, we know he doesn't know. He just hears stuff that isn't very reliable. I really see no value in listening to these people.

Simple upscaled ports with just the control updates from Prime Remastered would feel so shabby, compared to the monumental effort we were just privileged to witness through this release, lol. I would almost feel "cheated", seeing Sanctuary Fortress and Elysia on the Switch, yet still with those GameCube / Wii visuals.

This background is pretty low res, just as one example. The transition from Prime 1 to 2 should ideally be smooth, not jarring.

Luminoth_Vault_Chamber_mp2_Screenshot_02.png

I don't see them going back to simple upscaled ports of Prime 2 & 3 after releasing such a good version of Prime 1 like that. I think it'll be the same standard of treatment for those two games too.

It sounds like the Metroid Prime Remaster took a lot of work to put together. If they want 2 & 3 out before Prime 4 then there might not be enough time to give them the full do overs like with the first game.

Simple upscaled ports with just the control updates from Prime Remastered would feel so shabby, compared to the monumental effort we were just privileged to witness through this release, lol. I would almost feel "cheated", seeing Sanctuary Fortress and Elysia on the Switch, yet still with those GameCube / Wii visuals.

This background is pretty low res, just as one example. The transition from Prime 1 to 2 should ideally be smooth, not jarring.

I'd still take it since I really enjoyed the gameplay of MPR but yeah I'd rather pay another 40$ for each remaster than I dunno what the alternative would be, 40 or 60 for both 2+3?

I'd still take it since I really enjoyed the gameplay of MPR but yeah I'd rather pay another 40$ for each remaster than I dunno what the alternative would be, 40 or 60 for both 2+3?
With Prime Remastered levels of effort, I'm more than happy paying $40 per game, but I think $60 (or even $70, now that there's precedent) for both in one package is also a possibility. They'd easily be worth it at those price points, if they're comparable to this release.

...why would that do that? That's not even how it worked in the original. The fusion suit was an unlock for beating prime, not for beating fusion .

The other thing is that this whole "they'll just do upscaled ports" thing never made even a lick of sense. That is why I hate these "I heard something" insiders who just rephrase vague descriptions from second or third hand info and often don't have the general context or awareness of circumstances to even interpret this shit properly.

Even "upscaled ports" would still get new high poly models, redrawn or AI upscaled textures/skyboxes and tweaks like this. Nintendo's other "HD remasters" all did this stuff. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword all got new geometry and redrawn textures. And Primes 2 and 3 are games on the same engine with mostly the same gameplay and level design and art style.

There's simply no world where we're just getting basic upscales. The only real questions are if they make these at all, which is mostly determined by the schedule and roadmap for Prime 4 and if so, when. I just need people to stop asking Grubb so that he stops rephrasing countless times that he doesn't actually know anything.

Back
Top Bottom