• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroid Prime Remastered |ST| Prime Prophecy Fulfilled

Rapid Fire Missile Trick
  • For those unaware: there's a highly useful rapid fire missile trick that's been a thing since the GameCube version. Yes, it still works in the remaster, and it's awesome (first five are normal speed, rest are fired off using the trick):

All you do is fire a missile, press the beam button to quickly exit out of missile mode, then fire another missile. It's extremely useful in combat, and very fun.

Crushed Blacks Solution
  • PSA for any goofs like me may be experiencing areas of pitch black and crushed darks:
    As usual, always remember to make sure your color spaces are matched up between devices!

My TV was set to YCBCR(limited) color space, while my Switch was set to Automatic (and was apparently outputting RGB). I believe YCBCR is typically the norm for gaming, however switching that TV setting to Auto (which caused the tv to choose RGB instead, or by manually switching it to RGB) instantly solved my crushed blacks by matching up the color spaces between the two devices. Blacks are still black but areas of shadow are now full of detail.

I'm a little embarrassed because I'm a bit of a display enthusiast and usually very conscious of these settings. I don't recall ever having this matchup issue with my Switch games before though, that's weird. However a recent TV firmware update scrambled all my display settings, so I'll blame it on that. 😉

Before: Switch Automatic (RGB), TV YCBCR (Limited)
    After: Switch Automatic (RGB), TV Automatic (RGB)
    Whether you go with Limited or Full (or Auto), just make sure both are matching up!

QfAZ7jY.jpg

Last edited:

Back
    Top Bottom