• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speculation:

(In Spoilers just to be sure)

The Bayonetta we play as in the game isn't the "real" Bayonetta, but a grown-up Cereza taking her position cause something happened.

YES

Year of the Threes is confirmed!

Rodin's VA sounds different, but Luka and Jeanne sound the same? Weird. Love everything else I see here though. Curious if the theme in the trailer is the new battle theme, definitely a different vibe.

Gonna be rewatching this trailer all day. Visually it looks great and performing well thus far.

My speculation:

(In Spoilers just to be sure)

The Bayonetta we play as in the game isn't the "real" Bayonetta, but a grown-up Cereza taking her position cause something happened.
Yeah it has to be that, also remember the teaser where the first bayo gets cut in half?
And we also see the bayo 1 symbol in the new trailer.

God I wish we would've moved away from the gimmick chapters and then they went and put a gosh darn turret sequence in. Guess this'll follow in the footsteps of 1 and 2 where I skip about a third of the chapters on replays because of sections like that.

Just let me interact with your main gameplay systems, please. : (

I honestly thought the 2017 teaser trailer was ditched because of how long ago it was, but it seems the sliced ribbon is in the key art!

Lol, there's a nudity toggle in the game?

Like ... for whom is that? Playing with her sexuality (and thus with nudity) is part of Bayonetta's whole character.

Also, it's not like you've seen anything real lewd in the prior two games.
There are people who want the option and only care about the action/gameplay, is a lot better than trying to censor the game to get a weird middle point

Nice trailer, hype-inducing for sure
lasdscapes seems still quite poor sometimes, but surely they spent a lot of effort in those nice-looking models!

Looks very, very, very, very promising, and I'm sure it'll deliver hard.

2 is one of my favorite action games of all time, and this looks like it could top it for sure. More variation, more interesting locales, new abilities (the spider!) and holy SHIT that graphical fidelity!

Oh, my... this looks glorious.
two bayos!
Cereza in the Bayoverse of Madness, here we go!

EDIT: and FINALLY we get a physical Bayo 1. Fuck those scalpers who have been asking for hundreds of euros on ebay for a japanese copy.

Plus, complete your Bayonetta collection when the original Bayonetta game launches for Nintendo Switch as a stand-alone, physical release on Sept. 30! A limited number of the Bayonetta physical version will be available to pre-order via select retailers and available at launch in the My Nintendo Store at a suggested retail price of $29.99.

Lol, there's a nudity toggle in the game?

Like ... for whom is that? Playing with her sexuality (and thus with nudity) is part of Bayonetta's whole character.

Also, it's not like you've seen anything real lewd in the prior two games.
For me. I don't care about Bayonetta's whole character and her cringey ass, I'm here for the action and right now I'm even more excited for the new character and hope she has a very unique moveset. Unfortunately the katana moveset didn't look that different here.

I'm also sighing in relief that this will stop the talk that Bayonetta 3 is definitely going to be delayed to 2023.

Man so excited for this and Mario Rabbids a week apart. Can't wait to finally play it

As a lady I love Bayo's style and eroticism but a nudity toggle gets a thumbs up from me. For those uncomfortable or annoyed by the game's lewder moments they can enjoy the game more easily and focus on gameplay.

Debating on getting that collector's edition, but if not, I absolutely need that physical copy of Bayo 1 on Switch (Even though I have it on PS4 with Vanquish)

Bayo 3 looking amazing. My girl Jeanne looking great <3 as is Luka <3

Goddammit! You mean I paid stupid prices for the Japanese physical release of Bayo 1 for nothing?!

Hope this game is well-received (Also, Sylux Hunter seems legit).

LXeSaP6.jpg

this might be jeanne's best look yet :'-)

might hold off on rebuying the earlier games again because of the inevitable 4k triology pack sometime maybe not that far in the future.

Into the Bayoverse it seems with this one. Not that I'm complaining. Looks really good with an interestring narrative shift away from the heaven vs hell backdrop of the first two. Intrigued by the new playable character as well.

Just slot Metroid Prime somewhere in Q4 and we have ourselves a Switch lineup for the rest of 2022

hopefully the gameplay is good this time around after 2 being a huge disappointment
I was aware of the existence of this opinion floating around but I don't normally participate in "the discourse" so this is my first time seeing it expressed first-hand. To me, it's completely baffling. I thought the first Bayonetta was pretty enjoyable, fun gameplay, but super unpolished and overall just good not great. On the other hand to me Bayonetta 2 is just about as close to a perfect game as is possible to make. I played them both back to back for the first time so that was kind of my instant reaction after playing both.

Not trying to say you're wrong, it's just amusing to me that we can both be fans of the series but feel so oppositely about the two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom