• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Trinity Masquerade Edition will also be available via select retailers and the My Nintendo Store! Get up close and personal with the beauties and beasts of Bayonetta 3 with a full-color 200-page art book, and display the whole Bayonetta trilogy with three reversible game cases, one for each title*, that combine to form stunning panoramic artwork. More details about the Trinity Masquerade Edition and pre-orders will be revealed in the future.

Plus, complete your Bayonetta collection when the original Bayonetta game launches for Nintendo Switch as a stand-alone, physical release on Sept. 30! A limited number of the Bayonetta physical version will be available to pre-order via select retailers and available at launch in the My Nintendo Store at a suggested retail price of $29.99.

Really hoping it's more like Bayo 1 than Bayo 2 in terms of story.
Bayo 2 was needlessly complicated and long-winded with unskippable walking "cutscenes" where characters would just talt.
Bayo 1 was simple, but every cutscene was a joy. fun, over-the-top and exciting. I can't think of a single time it didn't make me laugh.

Also, not sure how to feel about the lack of sexy stuff. Bayonetta was like the only media to pull of an intentionally sexy character, and I'd hate for it to go away

continues to look like this will be a super meta game that references past platinum games. hopefully the gameplay is good this time around after 2 being a huge disappointment

• '90s Ass Singing: not my thing
  • Camera ogling Bayonetta and her bum: not my thing
  • Slightly more grounded aesthetic: what the hell that looks fantastic
  • Orchestral music: holy moly dat luxurious sound
  • More grounded main character: yes please
  • Snappy and varied action: shamone
Also, from a technical perspective this looks positively amazing. Reminds me of DMC5.

Yeah, if reviews are good I might grit my teeth through the dialogue and pandering bum shots because this looks like fire.

unknown.png

unknown.png

It looks fucking INCREDIBLE. Like, top-tier Platinum.

Also, no way in hell that's actually Bayonetta. Not in either trailer do they ever refer to her as such. Definitely Cereza.

Anyone who gives me a heads-up when this Collectors Edition is available on Amazon Germany gets a virtual cookie, a virtual hug and is my personal hero of the day on that day.

continues to look like this will be a super meta game that references past platinum games. hopefully the gameplay is good this time around after 2 being a huge disappointment
That's pretty much every game of theirs, though?
TW101 references Okami, DMC, Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe
Bayonetta referenced every previous title of theirs, too.

I will agree that I was let down by 2, though, although not gameplay-wise

Also hoping this game will have a final boss that's not just a rehash of the previous game's penultimate boss.

Still salty about Bayo 2's lackluster ending.

Nintendo are some strange birds, why twitter drop this release date when this game could use as much lime light as it can get in a Nintendo Direct?

details from eShop

The witch is back and more powerful than ever!​

NSwitch_Bayonetta3_00.jpg

Bayonetta struts through multiple locations in an all-new, over-the-top climax action game for Nintendo Switch. Sporting a wicked new ensemble and somehow familiar pigtails, the titular Umbra Witch must face a mysterious evil using her signature guns and time-slowing Witch Time ability. This time, invading man-made bioweapons called Homunculi find themselves in Bayonetta’s crosshairs.

Get ready for a devilishly good time​

Preview Image

Preview Image

Tap into Bayonetta’s naughtier side with Demon Masquerade, a new ability that channels the demon linked to her weapon allowing for some exciting action options, not to mention some hair-raising combos. She can also summon her demonic darlings like Gomorrah, Malphas, and Phantasmaraneae during battle, unleashing their demonic powers in the heat of combat and in new, larger-than life battles where you directly control the action.

A bounty of Bayonettas​

Preview Image

Preview Image

Fight your way through the streets of Tokyo, the mountains of China, and many other locales! Along the way you’ll meet a virtual coven of Bayonettas, each more fabulous than the last. You’ll also slash and slay as Viola, a feisty witch in training who fights with a sword and a capricious companion, the demon Cheshire. Find out what fate awaits Bayonetta, and if this arcane alliance can really save reality!

Preview Image

Preview Image

• Play as the bewitching Bayonetta in the third instalment of her climax action game series
  • Shoot, stomp, and slam your way through multiple locations and meet other Bayonettas
  • Channel the power of demons using the new ability, Demon Masquerade
  • Unleash Bayonetta’s Infernal Demons in larger-than-life battles
  • Slash and slay as witch-in-training Viola and harness the power of her feline demon, Cheshire

Looks like everything I’d hoped it would be. Platinum’s been more misses than hits lately so this should be a return to form.

Of course the usual concern trolls will be out in full force who are still angry to this day that Nintendo saved the franchise.

Into the Bayo-verse. I think we all knew it. A fine idea, really, as a pseudo-reboot or at the very least as a way to be as newcomer friendly as possible.

The character models are impressively detailed. This is the most polygons and details I’ve seen in a switch game honestly. I don’t even think Switch is capable of this.

Last edited:
Man, this looks great.
Definitely looked a lot sharper than the last trailer.

I wish I didnt read the comments though, man people are obnoxious.

Did they change her model? She looks different from the first trailer.

The character models are impressively detailed. This is the most polygons and details I’ve seen in a switch game honestly. I don’t even think Switch is capable of this.
It runs on Switch Pro...

I think with this game all my 2017-2018 pre-orders have been fullfilled finally, I never pre-ordered Prime 4 because I forgot lol

One of my favorite gaming memories was showing my husband Bayonetta 1. He dismissed it originally as a dumb tity game, but while I went blind I knew of ~the graveyard scene~ and that I needed to show him that.

He was hooked the moment the music started.

This looks great, I really need to finish the previous games before I get to this.

Also screw you Nintendo, that physical edition of Bayo 1 should have been available since the beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom