• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
release date trailer (october 28th)

• 1x1_nswitch_bayonett7tkrh.jpeg

Last edited:
    interview with IGN
  • “If you look at the [trailer we released in September]," he said, "hopefully that should reassure you that we have been hard at work on development, and it should also show you that there are a lot of new elements in this game that were not in Bayonetta 1 and 2. I hope the footage released so far will fuel your expectations for this game.”

“At the beginning of the trailer," he continued, "viewers might have been confused about what game it was for, and then we introduced some enemies, and still it was kept unclear, and then Bayonetta appeared. I think the fact that we were able to pull off this misdirection in the trailer shows that the new game has its own colour. Bayonetta 3 looks a little different, and it includes some new types of gameplay, so I hope players will find it fresh.”
    Kamiya also sought to play down some fears from fans that Nintendo's role as publisher meant that Platinum would be forced to tone down some of Bayonetta's more adult elements: "When we released the previous trailer, some fans thought that maybe working with Nintendo had meant we were under some kind of restrictions in terms of creative expression, but that is absolutely not the case. This will be a very Bayonetta-esque Bayonetta game."

kamiya tweets asking people to play 1&2 before 3
  • twitter thread by kamiya

DeepL translation:
    Somehow I wanted to say this again, but if you are thinking of playing "Bayonetta 3", I hope you will play "Bayonetta 1" and "Bayonetta 2" while you are at it! I think you will enjoy the story 100 times more that way...

In "Bayonetta 2," we intentionally created a story that can be enjoyed no matter which order you played the first and second games. However, for "Bayonetta 3", we have written a scenario that assumes that the player has experienced 1 and 2, because we believe that the recognition of the game has spread enough and we want to make the world view more profound. We encourage everyone to play the game in preparation!

If there is anyone around you who has not experienced Bayo 1 or 2, please tell them that if they want to play 3, they should play 1 and 2. thanks in advance.

The reason why I say this now is because the release date is decided by Udontenni, so we can't say anything, but the PV said "2022" (←other people), so if we believe that (←other people), there is not that much time before the release of 3, so we want you to enjoy 1 and 2 with enough time to spare.

Predictable future: "Yes!

"Yay, Bayo 3 on sale! Buy it!"
    ↓↓↓↓↓
    "Oh, I'll play the first one first. Buy!"
    ↓Buy!
    "Wind...clear...let's do 2 next. Purchase.
    Buy." ↓ "Wind...full...
    "Fu...full..."
    ↓ "Buy
    ↓ "I'm going to play Splat 3.
    "Let's play Splat 3."

and because of this, I personally think that the so-called "123 set edition" is unnecessary (at least at the time of the release of 3). or rather, it would spoil the enjoyment of the game. I have talked about this before. We at Platinum Games do not have any authority over the sales method anyway.

If it's been a long time since the release of Bayo 3, and that's right around the time of the release of Bayo 4, "Series Review 123 Set Released!" I can understand that...

details from eShop
  • The witch is back and more powerful than ever!​

NSwitch_Bayonetta3_00.jpg

Bayonetta struts through multiple locations in an all-new, over-the-top climax action game for Nintendo Switch. Sporting a wicked new ensemble and somehow familiar pigtails, the titular Umbra Witch must face a mysterious evil using her signature guns and time-slowing Witch Time ability. This time, invading man-made bioweapons called Homunculi find themselves in Bayonetta’s crosshairs.

Get ready for a devilishly good time​

Preview Image

Preview Image

Tap into Bayonetta’s naughtier side with Demon Masquerade, a new ability that channels the demon linked to her weapon allowing for some exciting action options, not to mention some hair-raising combos. She can also summon her demonic darlings like Gomorrah, Malphas, and Phantasmaraneae during battle, unleashing their demonic powers in the heat of combat and in new, larger-than life battles where you directly control the action.

A bounty of Bayonettas​

Preview Image

Preview Image

Fight your way through the streets of Tokyo, the mountains of China, and many other locales! Along the way you’ll meet a virtual coven of Bayonettas, each more fabulous than the last. You’ll also slash and slay as Viola, a feisty witch in training who fights with a sword and a capricious companion, the demon Cheshire. Find out what fate awaits Bayonetta, and if this arcane alliance can really save reality!

Preview Image

Preview Image

• Play as the bewitching Bayonetta in the third instalment of her climax action game series
    • Shoot, stomp, and slam your way through multiple locations and meet other Bayonettas
    • Channel the power of demons using the new ability, Demon Masquerade
    • Unleash Bayonetta’s Infernal Demons in larger-than-life battles
    • Slash and slay as witch-in-training Viola and harness the power of her feline demon, Cheshire

Jennifer Hale revealed as Bayo's new VA

• Sad to hear that Taylor really is gone, and a schedule conflict was apparently the only reason why.

But on the other hand, Hale (aka Prime!Samus) is a very good pick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom