• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does the other Bayo in the trailer sound like a different voice actress too (the one in the extravagant red outfit)

I was aware of the existence of this opinion floating around but I don't normally participate in "the discourse" so this is my first time seeing it expressed first-hand. To me, it's completely baffling. I thought the first Bayonetta was pretty enjoyable, fun gameplay, but super unpolished and overall just good not great. On the other hand to me Bayonetta 2 is just about as close to a perfect game as is possible to make. I played them both back to back for the first time so that was kind of my instant reaction after playing both.

Not trying to say you're wrong, it's just amusing to me that we can both be fans of the series but feel so oppositely about the two games.
I felt the same at first, but Bayo 1 is way more balanced and deep the more you dig into it on replays. Bayo 2 is a better first playthrough

I was aware of the existence of this opinion floating around but I don't normally participate in "the discourse" so this is my first time seeing it expressed first-hand. To me, it's completely baffling. I thought the first Bayonetta was pretty enjoyable, fun gameplay, but super unpolished and overall just good not great. On the other hand to me Bayonetta 2 is just about as close to a perfect game as is possible to make. I played them both back to back for the first time so that was kind of my instant reaction after playing both.

Not trying to say you're wrong, it's just amusing to me that we can both be fans of the series but feel so oppositely about the two games.
Bayo 2 is a fantastic game, I think people let their seething hatred of the ip becoming a Nintendo/WiiU exclusive colored their ability to be objective.

Looks great! I thought the enemies looked a bit bland in the first gameplay trailer, but they looked better here. I haven't bought a game on the release date in a while, but that will change in October.

I felt the same at first, but Bayo 1 is way more balanced and deep the more you dig into it on replays. Bayo 2 is a better first playthrough
That's fair, I can see that. I haven't replayed either one. I would but I only have them on Wii U so probably not gonna happen at this point 😂. If that Trinity edition were coming out in NA, it'd be awfully tempting to double dip for the Switch physical versions though.

Looks so good. Just what I would expect from the series.

I keep forgetting the first one didn’t get in most regions a physical Bayonetta 1. Had a physical cart through the JPN Collectors Edition of 2. Won’t feel as special anymore /jk. Glad others are getting it

Last edited:
Have this preordered on Amazon thanks to the discount they offered all those years ago. But I’m mighty tempted to get that Trinity Masquerade Edition (and the physical Bayonetta 1 copy).

We aren't ever going to get a sale on 1+2 digital are we? Ninty I'd love to jump in on the series, cmon

Don’t see it happening as buying both of them gives you a discount. So it’s $60 total no matter which you get first. If it does happen, maybe close to release.

lmao no Nintendo, i'm not going to buy Bayonetta 1 again

or am i?

Bayo 3 looks great anyway, way better showing compared to the first trailer.

NoA still not having yet tweeted about that special edition is making me increasingly nervous.

I'mma be so peeved if we get fucked out of a good LE like XCDE in 2020

Bayo 2 is a fantastic game, I think people let their seething hatred of the ip becoming a Nintendo/WiiU exclusive colored their ability to be objective.
Nah. I had no issues with the series becoming exclusive, and I STILL think Bayo2 falls apart compared to its predecessor when you play on higher difficulties and/or go in expecting the skill ceiling the first game had.

It's a really good game, still, but there's a reason veteran players like Saur leaned more to W101 and even Transformers: Devastation for Platinum-action that allowed for better player expression.

Seems I will get the CE through my local game store. Sounds good.

Hate to be a collector but at the same time it is cool.

UPDATE: A North American release of both physical products. Bayonetta 1 will get a limited physical Switch release for $29.99 on September 30th, while “more details about the Trinity Masquerade Edition and pre-orders will be revealed in the future.”
At least we're getting it somehow, but ffs what is with NoA leaving us in limbo like that

lmao no Nintendo, i'm not going to buy Bayonetta 1 again

or am i?

Bayo 3 looks great anyway, way better showing compared to the first trailer.

I told myself years ago that since I already have 1 & 2 on Wii-U I wasn't going to repurchase the games. Now that 1 and 2 will have their own cartridges', the degenerate collector in me will probably cave.

I told myself years ago that since I already have 1 & 2 on Wii-U I wasn't going to repurchase the games. Now that 1 and 2 will have their own cartridges', the degenerate collector in me will probably cave.
I own it on 360, WiiU, PC and Switch digital so i think that's enough

maybe

We aren't ever going to get a sale on 1+2 digital are we? Ninty I'd love to jump in on the series, cmon
The Bayo 1+2 bundle was on sale (at least in Europe) back in May at 40 euros instead of the usual 60, so a sale is not completely unheard of, at least.

Finally, its happening, and again another special edition that its going to be impossible to get in latam without scalpers

So, uh…first the Lappy cameo, now Homunculi and dimensional shenanigans… I can’t be the only one who thought the implication is that Astral Chain’s world is involved in Bayonetta 3 after this trailer, right??

The Bayo 1+2 bundle was on sale (at least in Europe) back in May at 40 euros instead of the usual 60, so a sale is not completely unheard of, at least.
Ah yeah I remember that sale, it was indeed Europe only though.

Lol, there's a nudity toggle in the game?

Like ... for whom is that? Playing with her sexuality (and thus with nudity) is part of Bayonetta's whole character.

Also, it's not like you've seen anything real lewd in the prior two games.
Tweet says it, it’s a way so you can play it in the living room stress-free

Doesn’t change anything in my book, her design is still inherently grotesque. She looks like a character made for the games that Miyamoto considers to be bad game design if you know what I mean. Any regular person would still cringe at the sight of those games, they would be like “so this is your kink huh”. Still upset at how her inclusion in Smash single-handedly made the game not family friendly anymore

From what I tried the games are just worse DMC, if they would actually go on sale maybe I could give them a fair chance. Either way hope at least this one manages to shake up the “stylish character action game” formula which is beyond stale

So is OG Bayo voice actress in this game then?
That definitely did sound like Taylor at the end. And I thought there was something mentioned about an "alpha-verse"?

Either way, counting on "The Witch With No Memories" to show up at some point.

So is OG Bayo voice actress in this game then?
I think we heard her in the very end of the trailer with that witch summon speech.

Also that businesswire page explicitly says there's multiple Bayonettas at play here and that Viola's demon cat is named Cheshire.

Interesting!

Bayo 1 physical will be a super limited print won't it. I will try to grab a copy because that shit will be expensive as heck later on.

Ok, I need to finally play Bayo 2 in preparation for this.

One of my favorite gaming memories was showing my husband Bayonetta 1. He dismissed it originally as a dumb tity game, but while I went blind I knew of ~the graveyard scene~ and that I needed to show him that.

He was hooked the moment the music started.
I thought the same thing when Bayonetta was originally released and dismissed it as such for a long time. It wasn't until a friend convinced me to pick up a copy of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U with the original packed in that I finally gave it a shot. It quickly became one of my favorite action series.

So, uh…first the Lappy cameo, now Homunculi and dimensional shenanigans… I can’t be the only one who thought the implication is that Astral Chain’s world is involved in Bayonetta 3 after this trailer, right??
You are not. But it could be no more than a wink and a nod.

Quoted by: Tye
these games were always full of homages. Lappy is more than likely another one

Quoted by: Tye
Sigh.

Did I just buy Bayonetta 2 (includes Bayonetta 1 digital code) for Switch off of PNP Games in Canada for 60 bucks? Despite having the double pack for Wii U?

Sure did.

SIGH

And will I buy the 29.00 version of Bayo 1 for 29.99 when it releases? Probably.... lol help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom