• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing based on how they have the alternate boxarts ordered maybe the series goes 1 -> 3 -> 2?

I'm definitely looking too into it but it's fun

Got Bayonetta 1 early
same!

d230d6ae-49c5-4b9f-a2ckc5.jpeg

No, they, can't.

One is intent on and operates on the premise of exclusion, where one group is desired to be discriminated against, the other does not, and both groups can have what they want, and no one is left out.

There is only, and exactly, one reason there would ever be a desire, or an attempt to push the former, over, the latter, no matter what gilded excuses are contrived.

Exclusion.
"Everything should be for everybody" is a flawed concept and, taken to the extreme, the death of artistic integrity, if we are taking or alternating core elements out of a piece of work. To say, that there is only one reason for opposition against this and it is the desire for exclusion, is a malicious insinuation.
(And thinking about that, I don't even think that Bayonettas "skimpiness" is this integral for her characterisation in the first place)

Last edited:
Looks and sounds amazing 😻! The wait was worth it I believe… the censor option on the XXI century is meh but at least it’s an option.

My, that was a dense trailer. Hype's through the roof now.

I like how they're grounding some elements of the characters a bit in this one, it looks closer to DMC in a way. The mentions of man-made bioweapons and homunculi did remind me of Astral Chain and the first trailer's fake-out. I hope we get a Lappy costume in every PG from now on.

Other than that, the plot seems pretty out there? If there's going to be multiple Bayonettas in the game, and the game is a globe-trotting adventure, will we see different takes on Bayonetta depending on which part of the world/reality/multiverse we travel to? The one in the trailer could be Norse-inspired (eyepatch a la Odin) (edit: rewatching the trailer, idk how I missed the dragon shoulder pads), plus I believe the scientist's name is Sigurd? Curious to see what they do with all of this.

I only have three reservations, two of which are fairly minor:
  • It'll take me a bit to get over the cast changes. Rodin sound different too, but it's a bit hard to tell with all the effects and music. And it's been eight years since Bayo 2, after all, it could very well be the same VA.
  • Not a big fan of the basic enemies so far, they kinda look like sentai mooks to me. Hierophant-Green-looking asses.
  • As others mentioned, I hope they strike a good balance between spectacle "gimmicks" and more basic encounters. And Angel Slayer/the Witch Trials were fine additions in the previous games, but I'd like to see an even more fleshed-out version in this new entry.

So yeah, I'm there day one. Although it's hard not getting a teensy bit mad at how packed October is.

Last edited:
That accordion sounds so good in the trailer as well as the gameplay looking very crazy lol.

Buy why the HELL is everything I want releasing in October???

Nier Automata 6th October
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope 20th October
Persona 5 Royal October 21st
Bayonetta 3 October 28

These publishers need to realx!

That accordion sounds so good in the trailer as well as the gameplay looking very crazy lol.

Bayonetta 3 October 28

1657739693503.png

for some reason i don't really like the english VA for viola, but she sounds good in japanese

Bayonetta 3 October 28

i don't see the problem, you have a whole entire week to finish persona 5.

Bayonetta 3 October 28

And there's also No Man's Sky.

October is going to be wild.

Bayonetta 3 October 28

Clearly this is proof that the Switch 4K will be announced in November, and will launch in March with Metroid Prime Remake and BoTW 2.

Watched the trailer 2 times.

Im not shure. it was to chaotic and all over the place to get a sense for the combat, gameplay, characters. I dont like violas design, but probably her playstyle. some of it looked jank in the animation/scene composition department, but probably because it was out of context. Models look great. Music is not hooking me right now. Story seems ...dont know.

Im not torn, just confused mostly. Ill wait for long form coverage and reviews for now, as i already know that i'll play nier when this releases, so i dont have to rush it.

Also i would love a Bayo 1-3 version without the overprices artbook. Say a 100€ release, with all 3 game cards in it, would be great.

For a franchise as small as Bayonetta is compared to the average Nintendo franchise - they really really give it the best chance of succeeding and I am here for it.

• Ends a Nintendo direct with a proper reveal after 4 years - This spot is the headliner for any direct
  • Gives it a spotlight marketing slot - during the summer when everyone is screaming for Nintendo news.
  • Gets a great release date for the holidays
  • Not only a collectors edition, but also a full Bayonetta 1 release - They really didnt need to do that, but did anyway.

They take care of Segas franchises better than Sega takes care of their own :p

Also makes me think, could Nintendo have approached Sega about buying the franchise? It's not a very Nintendo thing to do, but at this point I just dont think it's realistic to expect the franchise to hit other platforms outside of the first entry. Unless Sega wants to reboot I guess...

BAYONETTA!!!! BRO I AM SOOOO EXCITED, AFTER PUTTING SO MANY HOURS IN ASTRAL CHAIN...IM GONNA PUT SO MANY HOURS IN THIS GAME. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!

I actually sold my Climax Edition a few weeks ago so this news pleases me greatly.

Hopefully it's not that limited and I can get a copy from Amazon.

Also makes me think, could Nintendo have approached Sega about buying the franchise? It's not a very Nintendo thing to do, but at this point I just dont think it's realistic to expect the franchise to hit other platforms outside of the first entry. Unless Sega wants to reboot I guess...

Honestly, this current arrangement seems to suit all parties involved just fine. Nintendo banks a game that is both a feather in their cap and generates quite a bit of hype, Sega collects their check because it's still their property, and Kamiya + pals gets the work as well as get to spend more time with their baby girl.

Sega could easily change the terms of this deal at any time, but again...they literally get money by doing the bare minimum for a franchise they otherwise barely care about. And honestly...I don't see Nintendo having any reason to pony up any more dough than necessary. After all, they also got Astral Chain.

"Everything should be for everybody" is a flawed concept and, taken to the extreme, the death of artistic integrity, if we are taking or alternating core elements out of a piece of work. To say, that there is only one reason for opposition against this and it is the desire for exclusion, is a malicious insinuation.
(And thinking about that, I don't even think that Bayonettas "skimpiness" is this integral for her characterisation in the first place)

And he confirms.

By the way this IS their artistic integrity you are railing against.

Amazing how people who try to pull this never seem to catch that.

Last edited:
What a wonderful thing to wake up to!

This looks unbelievably awesome. It overflows with everything I loved about the first two games while still having a vibe of its own, and after a torturously long wait, finally having a concrete release date feels amazing. And just three and half months away!

Switch's 2022 is just insane. Between this, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Monster Hunter Sunbreak, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Nier Automata, 13 Sentinels, and so much more, it's looking like a serious contender for the best year I've had with a single console, ever.

it's just a cheeky mode no need to overthink it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom