• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a lady I love Bayo's style and eroticism but a nudity toggle gets a thumbs up from me. For those uncomfortable or annoyed by the game's lewder moments they can enjoy the game more easily and focus on gameplay.
too bad they cut out the fan service completely for xb3. I would have liked that too. XD
I am curious to see Digital Foundry's review of the game and what are the improvements compared to 1 and 2.
I would not be surprised if it performs like Bayonetta 1 and 2 on switch.. aims for 60fps, while 720p in docked mode.

Who’s to say that the game won’t in XB3. Like Alexandria in the focused Direct had a shot that was basically her butt in skin tight pants.
There's a lot less skin and proportions are more realistic. I guess I'm okay with it, but will take some time to get used to, which is weird to say on its own when compared to the first 2 games. it's definitely gonna be toned down for sure.

My saiyan prince i didnt mean just fps and resolution. Stuff like better textures, character models, lighting etc
oh I know. I'm taking that into account. I see that it looks better than the previous 2. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted the same resolution and framerate as Bayonetta 1 and 2.

This could also set up Drake to have a higher resolution, framerate and other areas on it, while preserving of the detail in the LCD that is switch (at 720p).

i meant more the babylon's fall/tw101 remastered era, but i'm joking tbh. i'm expecting great things from them.

haha I understand and partially agree honestly
there has been a time where I started to feel "uncomfortable" about their output (but mostly about their management, not exactly about their contents) but looking back they have been pretty consistent (quality and sales wise) in the past few years, with Nier Automata, Astral Chain and (possibly, but we have facts to base our positive expectations) Bayonetta 3

Can't wait. Will make a nice birthday present.

Also, my working theory is that Viola will reveal herself as Violetta, because it sounds kinda cool.
(based on this trailer alone)

Wow, surprise announcement... i watched the trailer several times!
As bayonetta is one of my favorite franchises ill buy it day 1!
Im looking forward to see one uninterrupted level playthru, as i still cant imagine how all these different systems are working...

Funny how this tweet has 56k likes and it's almost 2x the likes on NoA's annoucement.

I played Bayonetta 1 for a while today, and guess I could just keep going and play 2 eventually too. Three quick things:
  • The game still feels great to play, runs perfectly in handheld mode
  • I did not remember there were touch controls, probably a Wii U thing that won't be returning
  • Insta-death QTEs are stupid

I am not feeling positive about my ability to preorder the TM Edition, not after the utter fiasco that was the XB3 Special Edition preorder period. I gave up on that one after I saw live tweets indicating that I was being leap-frogged in the Nintendo Store's online queue despite having the browser window open for an hr+.

I hope this is a process that they are working on and can improve. 🙏

Actually did NOA confirm the special edition for Bayo 3 would also be sold by retailers and their Nintendo Store like NOE said they would?

And he confirms.

By the way this IS their artistic integrity you are railing against.

Amazing how people who try to pull this never seem to catch that.
I never said it isn’t their choice.
And I am disgusted about what are you trying to pull here, trying to pigeonholing me, like I am some kind of Gamergater scum.
Hurtful experience. Goodbye.

Last edited:
Start the freaking Masquerade pre-orders already, goddamn it!! I can't take it anymore! :sick:

Every single Wario64 notification is killing me right now, lmao. I'm soooo antsy.

All these years later, there is still nothing quite like Bayonetta.

The series' unique brand of insanely chaotic mayhem and delightful absurdity is still as joyous and unique as it was in 2010.

I wonder if there’s just three bayonettas, doing the three witches thing of having a maiden, middle age and elderly, but because it’s bayonetta they all look…..well like that. Main Bayo is middle age, train bayo is “elderly” and Viola is the maiden.

My overall thoughts are I’m glad this got an official release announcement. It’s actually looks really fun and playable. Good on Nintendo and Platinum.

Finally got to watch this on a proper screen. I think it looks freaking amazing. Looks exactly like a Bayonetta game, with the craziness dialed up even further. Graphically it looks slightly better than Bayo 2, which is exactly what I expected. Between this, God of War R, and Callisto Protocol, the back half of this year is looking incredible. And if the Prime rumors are true... Good God hold me.

Anyone who gives me a heads-up when this Collectors Edition is available on Amazon Germany gets a virtual cookie, a virtual hug and is my personal hero of the day on that day.

Quoting my post from the first page again since the CE is popping up in more places.

Offer still active! ^^

I haven't found it as well when searching for it on their websites. Found it through a link on idealo:

Media Markt
Saturn

Useless fucking search function then ...

Thanks friend.

Here's the cookie:
2808_American_Cookies.jpg

Here's the hug:
1fac2.png

Even though I already own the first two games on Wii U, I actually never got around to play them. It's a pity they don't intend to release a pack with all three games in physical form (At first I thought the Trinity Masquerade Edition was just that). Then I could buy said pack to put onto my backlog and never actually play them for the second time, because I buy way more games than I play. o_O

So Bayonetta 1 is 10€ on Xbox and 30€ on Switch… I would rather have the whole Series on Switch, but the price difference is huge and I think it never get’s on sale on Switch.

Did an in store preorder for bayo 1 physical and the collectors edition for 3. Don't like having to use GameStop, but don't want to gamble on trying to get an in store preorder.

Did an in store preorder for bayo 1 physical and the collectors edition for 3. Don't like having to use GameStop, but don't want to gamble on trying to get an in store preorder.
I just did as well. After the Xeno 3 fiasco, glad it isn’t exclusive through the My Nintendo Store.

^
Also you can buy games you want right away, since you won't get them considerably cheaper after a few weeks anyway. That's actually a huge plus for me.

It has two sides. If you want to sell the games in a year you will probably get a high price for it too.
I can respect that aspect of "protecting" early adopters!

But in the case of Bayonetta on switch dekudeals tells me that:

- Bayo 1 lowest seen price $27 ($30 regular)

- Bayo 2 lowest seen price $45 ($50 regular)

These games were released on Switch 4 years ago.

It surprises me that Nintendo does not try to spur more exposure and adoption in the series through a decent sale (33+%) at some point in the last couple years at least. 🤔

Not to mention for these releases in particular, they are digital only (at least in the US market).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom