• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new overview trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very excited for this game, since I was just a kid with no money back then I missed out and prioritized what games I got for gift occasions. During Birthdays and Christmas it would be the Marios, the Zeldas, the Metroids, the Pokemons so I missed out on this game. Looking forward to picking this up on release.

No trailer in the last direct was a bummer to me. I really hope it won't be postponed I can't remember a single time where a Nintendo game was 2 months away with 0 news.

I recall the trailer happening but I don't recall it showing off the ranked map mode or anything. I can't imagine they've cut stuff but worryingly they don't seem to have added anything either.

The two campaigns alone aren't worth £60 even if the second can get tricky later on.

We're getting an overview-trailer once the marketing kicks in, probably after the release of SMT V.

The two campaigns alone aren't worth £60 even if the second can get tricky later on.

I think it's 49,99£ and I think that's fair for two whole games remade.

Hopefully next time we see it, it will look a bit better. I don't necessarily dislike the artstyle, but the executioon isn't quite there yet.

Makes sense. The release date was fast approaching and they weren’t promoting the game at all, while Splatoon 3 has been. Hopefully it’s to avoid crunch.

Dang, I was really looking forward to this dropping so soon. But hey, better to delay it and get it right then rush something to market!

Not going to lie, I’m kind of glad this one got delayed. I have too many games to play between now and January.

Hopefully this comes out during a slow month.

Dang. Thats unfortunate news for the community that was looking forward to it, but it will hopefully result in a better launch experience.

It's a pity because i was really looking forward to it, but now they have more time to make it better. No problem to wait a little longer. Now i'll probably buy something else, like the GTA Collection, to play in December.

Noooooooo well actually i have quite the expensive month in november and december is kinda my recovery month hehe. But still dang..... but better a delay and some good needed time in the oven than a not satisfied release by devs. Wayforward are pretty good devs so they can take their time!

I hope this doesn't mean it'll get completely forgotten when it releases... isn't spring pretty packed, unless I misremember? For Switch there's Pokémon and Kirby, to name a few.

I assume the delay is because Nintendo themselves simply forgot they were meant to be putting this game out? Seriously though, I think Advance Wars would have been lost in the Christmas rush so I expect it's for the best.

Hope they focus on getting the online just right for this one. Take all the time you need, WayForward

This is a good thing. The game was running fine on the E3 demo, the bulk of its systems seemed to be done, from there it should only be a matter of remaking the maps etc, so my guess is the delay is for them to improve the graphics which is great.

Well there goes that. Hopefully more time in the oven will do it some good. I'll be curious to know how long the delay ends up being. A couple of months is one thing, but if it ends up being a six month delay that might mean there are bigger issues with the development. Hoping for the best!

In the mean time, that opens up $43 in my gaming budget for this year.....

Sucks about the delay, but it will result in a better game and hopefully an healthier workflow for the devs. Also, Nintendo's 2022 lineup is getting ridiculously packed LOL

You know this board is growing into a healthy lil’ boy when three threads are posted about the same breaking news item. We’ve finally reached the coveted “dupes” status!

Advance Wars crawled (to Spring) so Famiboards could walk

While I do think this comes down to them actually needing more time to finish the game . I do think this is also scheduling related, was always weird they were gonna release two games on the same day in December when pretty much neither were needed especially as post black friday releases. Next year is obviously packed but I still think they could find somewhere it better fits still.

Who is Zelda, I don’t know her

Who? What is wild? I don’t get the joke. Clearly this is the first game nintendo has ever delayed
I kind of am surprised honestly. It did kind of seem like it was being sent to die, but I guess this is why they went so quiet on it.

man really surprised about this and bummed.

wonder what is holding it up? i'd assume art and graphics?

. I do think this is also scheduling related, was always weird they were gonna release two games on the same day in December when pretty much neither were needed especially as post black friday releases.
I genuinely forgot.

What is the other December game?

Didn’t expect a delay for this, let alone a Nintendo title these days. Still, hopefully it can be a great product when it does release. I was excited for this one

There have been a lot of complaints about the graphics so I guess that's the main reason for the delay, and to avoid the crunch of course knowing Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom