• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new overview trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm looking too deep into it but they seem to have made sure to not show off any gameplay. Hopefully the release date sticks even after the upcoming renewed invasion.
Too deep. They showed off plenty of footage a year ago! And it looked great then (I recall a small delay in battle animation transitions that hopefully got fixed).

Someone somewhere at Nintendo said fuck it, it's gotta release at some point. Hopefully it selld well enough to warrant a further look at the series but maybe some changes might be made to obfuscate any intentional or unintentional nods to real world events.

Love that all the speculation was around this getting a split shadowdrop and then they went and did that exact thing for Metroid Prime instead. Very glad we have a date, very nice to get an email from BestBuy saying my years old preorder is back on. At least we know they will infact split releases by a few weeks if they want.

I noticed it’s on the voucher program. I might double dip for this and Tears of the Kingdom (which is also a voucher game)

Ok so the Walmart leak ended up falling through, but we have a new release date!

Third times the charm, right?

Glad this finally resurfaced and has a release date. Hope I can grab it when it releases.

Spanish Game is giving out posters as a preorder bonus:

215535.png

I am now wondering something. Some of the characters (Especially in AW2) Got their names changed from the US English version in the OG European localizations. Will they keep the changes for this release, or will they just use the original names?

215535.png

I am now wondering something. Some of the characters (Especially in AW2) Got their names changed from the US English version in the OG European localizations. Will they keep the changes for this release, or will they just use the original names?

I'm sure that they'll be using the US names and script as the basis for all regions on Switch. The days of Europe getting seperate English scripts from the US are long gone (and thank goodness for that! Because it was almost always worse than what NOA Treehouse put out).

215535.png

Wonder if they would offer these on the my Nintendo site, they look nice

215535.png

I hope these get a release in the UK somehow. I'm going digital, but the inside sleeve for the physical release should have the remade AW2 art on it.

Wayforward did a damn good job with the art in this game. AA's art was legendary but they managed to transition it perfectly into a more animation-friendly version. Even the cover of the game is still beautiful, and I might prefer it over the og due to showing more of the landscape.

215535.png

Oh, I love the second poster! Wish I could see it in better quality. The art looks really nice!

zmge8rdb3hla1.jpg

Funnily enough, I had just seen this on Reddit the other day. I know it’s still not a great image, but it’s the best I’ve seen so far.

Reddit link

Not the best, but much better! Hope we can see more official art, and in better quality, soon!

Surprised we didn't get a cartoon tie in with the 2001 release. Black Hole Army has that Cobra from GI Joe thing going on, with Strum being a knock off Cobra Commander (a fusion of him and Darth Vader).

We did get a F-Zero anime tie in...
That would have required Nintendo and IS to be more aggressive towards western licensing. Because there is no way this would have been a jp cartoon

Surprised we didn't get a cartoon tie in with the 2001 release. Black Hole Army has that Cobra from GI Joe thing going on, with Strum being a knock off Cobra Commander (a fusion of him and Darth Vader).

I'm not surprised at all, given that it was the first time the series was coming overseas, and it hadn't been especially popular in Japan up to that point. It was disposable enough to Nintendo for them to license the development and publishing out to Hudson Soft for a time, developing several of the original Game Boy titles, and a cancelled N64 game. This is all before getting into the late and staggered release of Advance Wars outside of North America.

Neither are big, but F-Zero I'd say definitely was bigger than the Wars series. As baffling of an idea as giving F-Zero an anime was, it made more sense than Wars.

That would have required Nintendo and IS to be more aggressive towards western licensing. Because there is no way this would have been a jp cartoon

I'm not surprised at all, given that it was the first time the series was coming overseas, and it hadn't been especially popular in Japan up to that point. It was disposable enough to Nintendo for them to license the development and publishing out to Hudson Soft for a time, developing several of the original Game Boy titles, and a cancelled N64 game. This is all before getting into the late and staggered release of Advance Wars outside of North America.

Neither are big, but F-Zero I'd say definitely was bigger than the Wars series. As baffling of an idea as giving F-Zero an anime was, it made more sense than Wars.

Sadly, an AW anime couldn't have featured a masterful scene like this:

So it's understandable they didn't try.

Even if by some crazy happenstance Advance Wars got a Saturday morning cartoon tie-in with the U.S. launch, real-world events would have seen it cancelled before even one episode aired.

And people thought they wouldn’t advertise

People thought a lot of very weird things around this game.

It was permacancelled, it wasn't but it would be shadowdropped without fanfare, it's not shadowdropped but it wont get any advertising, we've done the entire circus.

Now waiting for the "Okay but it needs to sell 20 thousand million units to continue as a series" narrative to come in full swing.

Really looking forward to this. Two high quality games to revisit and the perfect comfort gaming ahead of Zelda.

Even if we don't get more Wars, it'd be good to see Nintendo and WayForward keep collaborating.

Or Nintendo buy them and rename them WarsForward.

Really looking forward to this. Two high quality games to revisit and the perfect comfort gaming ahead of Zelda.

Even if we don't get more Wars, it'd be good to see Nintendo and WayForward keep collaborating.

Or Nintendo buy them and rename them WarsForward.
Obviously they’re going to pitch a startropics or Golden sun remake next

Still undecided if I'm going digital or physical, but super excited nonetheless!

Can't wait to hear that masterpiece of a soundtrack fully remastered.

I wonder if Wayforward just left this game in the same state it was a year ago or if they decided to patch it up a bit with whatever. Just a thought. Not like I expect anything.

It's getting closer and closer! Would be nice if I could order a physical copy on Amazon, but it seems like they're only offering digital copies at the moment. Unless I'm looking at the wrong page, or something.

I wonder if Wayforward just left this game in the same state it was a year ago or if they decided to patch it up a bit with whatever. Just a thought. Not like I expect anything.
I'm still hoping that they used the time since the delay to create a Dual Strike expansion pack. That one has the most interesting story and best new CO's of all three.

I want this game so badly, but for me it's a handheld game.....aaaaand my launch-day Switch seems to have some weird rumbling fan issues with I play handheld now. It's fine docked, but handheld is iffy.

So, I don't know. I need to keep my Switch good and alive for TOTK.

Kind of weird reason to skip this, but I'm going to grab it down the line whenever I get a new Switch and have a nice travel getaway or something.

It's getting closer and closer! Would be nice if I could order a physical copy on Amazon, but it seems like they're only offering digital copies at the moment. Unless I'm looking at the wrong page, or something.
Both physical and digital were available on US Amazon when I looked yesterday.

I think thats some mobile shenanigans, i looked at it on my laptop and it was available for preordering.

The physical version? I can order a digital code but not a physical copy. It's the same on desktop for me. Had my GF look and she's getting the same thing.

The physical version? I can order a digital code but not a physical copy. It's the same on desktop for me. Had my GF look and she's getting the same thing.
You both have a Japanese shipping address, right? Or the site might otherwise recognize your location. Maybe Amazon just isn't selling the game there. I see the physical release as still available for preorder.

You both have a Japanese shipping address, right? Or the site might otherwise recognize your location. Maybe Amazon just isn't selling the game there. I see the physical release as still available for preorder.

The result is the same when using a VPN. Maybe I should try that while opening a private window? But it doesn't matter! I've gone and ordered a copy from Amazon UK. That didn't give me any trouble at all.

Really wish this was getting a Japanese release so I wouldn't have to go through this much trouble for a cart.

A little over five weeks to go! I'm still getting this at launch, but I'm not sure how much time I will have at launch. This is getting sandwiched between Horizon DLC and Zelda.

The UN will probably be closely monitoring the global situation in the upcoming weeks before the release of AW

It's not an ideal time, coming so close to Zelda. Earlier in April would've been much better - at least give people a month...
It's a niche game and was always gonna be niche so Zelda wasn't gonna do much else to that.

If anything the fact it launches the same month that the Mario movie will sell a whole bunch of Switches, while having distance from that release is probably its best shot at attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom